Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > RESOURCE CENTER > Criminal Immigration Issues
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Criminal Immigration Issues Dealing with INS and other related issues.

Old 02-18-2012, 06:38 AM

Default Sending Mail to ICE detention center

I was wondering if any of you have ever sent a letter to your loved one that maybe was missing something in the address such as an A # or a booking number? Will the inmate still get it? I have a letter written and ready to send but on the Eloy Detention website, it says the address must also have the detainee's A #. I don't have it, as you all know from a previous thread. If I sent it, would they still deliver it to him?

It's difficult when they have no money on their account. Can't buy stamps or make calls. And since he is unable to write or call, he can't provide the needed information to me. And since I don't have those important details, I cannot put money on his account. A vicious cycle.
Sponsored Links
Old 02-18-2012, 07:18 AM
California Dreaming

Thanked 1,476 Times in 751 Posts

Can you call the detention center and get it?

Old 02-18-2012, 09:32 AM

I've called the Eloy Detention Center and also CCA ( owns EDC ) and both facilities told me that they cannot give that information out. Even after I gave them his full name, his DOB and his country of origin.
Old 02-18-2012, 11:10 AM

My husband has been shuffled around a number or cca facilities. It hasn't even been worth putting money on his books so he can call from there because he only stays in one for like 2 weeks tops. He's still been able to call me thru securus or there's another phone company that the one in Nevada uses. I just put money on my account and he's able to call. Perhaps eloy has one of those that they work with. Then it doesn't matter if u have his a# or not. It's registered specifically with ur phone number. Try to call the Philippine consulate and tell them you need his a# but no one will help you. I've had a lot of issues with the cca jails. Keep your head up!
Old 02-18-2012, 01:50 PM

I have a SecurusTech account. I do not have a credit card or debit card though. So I would still need to go through WU to put money on his account, correct? And I don't think I need the A# for commissary purposes, only for sending mail.
Old 02-18-2012, 02:05 PM

You can also purchase a visa gift card at the gas station and use it to put money on the secures acct or u can send it thru western union. The a# you would only need for mail your right. Is he there with immigration or with the us marshalls?
Old 02-18-2012, 02:57 PM

Well since I haven't talked to him at all since he's been in Arizona idk if it's immigration or US Marshall's. I'm assuming it's immigration since he was on an INS hold here in Cali.

On the US Immigration & Customs Enforcement website towards the bottom of the page under his name, DOB and country , there is a highlighted number for an ERO Processing Center in Eloy that says to call for additional information on that particular detainee. But since I'm not family or a legal representative , they will not give me any information.

So I should just put the money on a Visa gift card and then use the Visa on my SecurusTech account ? I won't need a stinkin comm# then...right? Oooommmmgggg!!! I have butterflies in my tum tum now!
I've never done a Visa GC , how long does it take to be approved ?
And once there is money on my Securus account , how do I let my honey bunches know????
Old 02-18-2012, 03:28 PM

That sucks immigration won't give u n e info! They are never helpful. When u call someone... Just say he's your husband lol maybe they won't be questioning things so much. Yea a visa gift card for example
Of 50 then when you will have to go to the visa gift card website or call 800 number on back and register it with your zip code . Then call securus or do it online but ull have to tell them to put 43.05 towards ur acct since it costs 6.95 for their processing fee- that way the total is 50. Does that make sense? And hopefully he will just think to call you. :/
Old 02-18-2012, 06:32 PM
enamorada

i remember calling the mexican consulado and they found them for me! i think it was the consulado but i am not positive!
Old 02-20-2012, 01:24 AM
Holli

kaykay,
Go to vinelink.com and click on the state he is in, then to "inmate search" and type in his info. Once the info comes up, click on his name and it will give you his inmate #. Good luck
Old 02-20-2012, 07:36 AM

Vinelink doesn't show inmates at cca facilities they are privately owned prisons and don't report their inmates to vinelink. I've had that same frustrating situation with my hubby! It was a good idea though.
Old 02-20-2012, 01:02 PM

Oh thank goodness that's the reason I was unable to find any information. LoL. Seriously though. I kept thinking to myself that I must be a complete idiot because I could not find anywhere that said 'inmate search'. I'd refresh, go back, go forward, try a different search engine....I finally gave up and decided that my laptop just hated me. Ha Ha

But yes, it was a kind thought and suggestion Holli so Ty. Just that u supported and reached out trumps any and all frustration I experienced.
And Ty Chispa for posting regarding it being privately owned. I didn't know that.

KK
Old 04-09-2012, 01:35 AM
Holli

KK, I'm so sorry that my info wasted your time! My man is at a county facility that is primarily ICE & Federal, so I thought it would work for u too. Hope u are doing good & keeping your head up!