Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > PENNSYLVANIA > Pennsylvania Visitation, Prison Phones, Packages & Mail
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Pennsylvania Visitation, Prison Phones, Packages & Mail Topics / Information relating to the Pennsylvania Department of Corrections and local / county Jail visitation, phone calls, mail, inmate care packages, etc.

Old 11-15-2019, 09:58 PM

Question Non Contact visit, terminated early. Unfair treatment!!!

I had a non contact visit at Fayette today. Along with 4 other ppl who rode on the prison society with Me who didn't pass the ion scanner. I had NOTHING on my hands!! Fayette is already known to have continatined water, the same water my husband is forced to drink, and I washed my hands with and failed the scanner. Its something wrong with the machine clearly.
My visit was terminated early I only got to spend an hour with my husband. They needed the booths for other non contact visits who were waiting. When the second group of visits went in they stayed in for 4 hours!
Then I sat in the lobby and watched them let people go through without even scanning their hands at all! I'm definitely complaining!! Who should I talk to?
Terrible day😪😢
Old 11-19-2019, 02:03 PM

Sorry you had that experience, that's awful. I read something recently about new policies due to false positives with the ion scanners.
I understand no contact visit but not sure why you weren't allotted the same time as everyone else. Try calling the Facility Deputy and central office.
The Following User Says Thank You to Bubgirl For This Useful Post:
patchouli (11-19-2019)
Old 11-25-2019, 09:31 AM
Always standing with him!

Hi, the same thing happened to me on Saturday at Huntingdon. Me and a bunch of other people failed the drug scanner - I have been visiting for the past 13 years and have never had any problems - at all. I was only allowed 1 hr. We were given hand sanitizer - not allowed to wash our hands. I am hoping that when I got back up in two weeks it doesn't happen again. I drive all but 2 1/2 hrs to see him...I was so upset.

"Even when your hustling days are gone
She'll be by your side still holding on..."
~Lyfe Jennings

The Following User Says Thank You to JTsBabyGirl For This Useful Post:
fbopnomore (11-25-2019)
Old 12-04-2019, 03:16 PM

UGH!!! My goodness, that would be so gut wrenching-so so sorry you had to go through that! : (! I sincerely hope that never happens to you again!
The Following User Says Thank You to smiles844 For This Useful Post:
fbopnomore (12-04-2019)