Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > FEDERAL PRISON SYSTEM > Federal Prison Self Surrendering Information
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Federal Prison Self Surrendering Information Information about Federal Prisons and Self-Surrendering to the BOP.

Old 12-30-2019, 09:29 PM

Unhappy Designation letter question? Camp or inside gate?

I finally got the letter of which federal prison I was assigned to.... it says FMC Carswell Camp on the letter. Does this mean I was assigned to the camp portion?? I was diagnoised with leukemia back in 2015, but it is reported that it is not an issue and I am in "watchful waiting" so nothing needs to be done. I only have a sentence of a year and a day, so curious if they would put "camp" on the letter if I would be going inside the gate.

Sorry for the questions, but am a wreck about all of this, so curious about thoughts. Especially since this is so far away from home, with other facilities closer to me.
Sponsored Links
Old 12-31-2019, 06:47 AM
Site Moderator
Donation Award 

Thanked 23,153 Times in 13,313 Posts

You will probably serve your sentence at the camp, but you won't know until you arrive at R&D (receiving and discharge). If you are designated to the medical center, it's most likely because of your leukemia diagnosis, but if so, talk to your unit team about it. They can move you to the camp.
Old 12-31-2019, 07:46 PM

Thank you! I wasn't sure since it literally says camp on it, that that would be where I would most likely end up. Or if that was just typical.

*nervous wreck here*
Old 01-01-2020, 08:04 AM
Site Moderator
Donation Award 

Thanked 23,153 Times in 13,313 Posts

When I was transferred to the federal medical center at Butner, NC, the van tried to leave me at one of the FCI prisons instead of at the "hospital". I objected, and it was cleared up after a few phone calls between the CO driving the van and the hospital staff.

Always remember that you are your own best, and sometimes your only, advocate.
Old 01-01-2020, 08:48 AM

Thank you for that. I try to keep my head positive, and just know that this is a short amount of time, and it will fly by. So just going to go, get it over with, and then move on with my life.

I was just completely shocked by the destination. So just caused a few more nerves to happen.

Thanks again. You're always such a huge help on here!
The Following User Says Thank You to ricleigh85 For This Useful Post:
fbopnomore (01-01-2020)