Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > WISCONSIN > Wisconsin Prison & Jail Visitation, Phones, Packages & Mail
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Wisconsin Prison & Jail Visitation, Phones, Packages & Mail Topics / Information relating to the Wisconsin Department of Corrections and local / county Jail visitation, phone calls, mail, inmate care packages, etc

Old 01-02-2020, 02:33 PM

Angry Religious headcovering for prison visits?

Im trying to find the right answer to this. I wear religious headwraps and dont want men to see my hair other than my guy. I was told prior i could request a female officer to check for contraband etc under my headwrap in the female restroom then go through the metal detector. But my guy asked his case worker for info and was told no that i have to remove it in front of the officer on duty. Also was told that Protestants arent considered as part of the headcovering persons allowed to cover. And that if i dont like it not to visit him then. This is religious discrimination. The Christian Bible clearly states in 1 Corinthians 11 that women are to headcover. What should i do? Who do i contact to get the correct info? Anyone else here hesdcover at visits? Im referring to Racine Correctional Institution in Sturtevant.
Sponsored Links
Old 01-02-2020, 05:22 PM

I cannot answer specific to Racine Correctional, but the visitor dress code policies are posted on their website. During my visit to another Wisconsin facility, everyone was required to remove their hats, scarves, etc. The items are inspected by officers as part of check-in process.
Old 01-02-2020, 05:27 PM

I believe this scripture refers to head covering during worship. Just saying...

The Following User Says Thank You to nancyginnm For This Useful Post:
safran (01-02-2020)
Old 01-02-2020, 05:38 PM

Unfortunately when it comes to the penal system you would have to follow their rules. They are not obligated to accommodate you or your religious rights.