Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > KENTUCKY > Kentucky General Prison Talk, Introductions & Chit Chat
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Kentucky General Prison Talk, Introductions & Chit Chat Topics & Discussions relating to Prison & the Criminal Justice System in Kentucky that do not fit into any other Kentucky sub-forum category. Please feel free to also introduce yourself to other members in the state and talk about whatever topics come to mind that may not have anything to do with prison.

Old 01-06-2020, 07:58 AM

Again if you read my above replies you would have seen that the county jail had janitors that cleaned the floors daily and you would have seen that I stated neumorous times that I was not aware those items had to be ordered nor did I know how that system worked as I had never been locked up before so its not that I wanted to go barefoot but ended up doing so due to lack of knowledge. And you would have seen the reply that sure most inmates in my cell block had shoes as they ordered them, but a few of us were barefoot due to either lack of knowledge how the ordering system worked or a LACK OF FUNDS TO PURCHASE SAID ITEMS and you would have seen that no one contracted MRSA or "fungus" like athletes foot. I think ppl exaggerate on the heath issues in prisons or county jails regarding bare feet because ppl frown on bare feet as a whole in society so they will say anything dirty about going such. I'm sure the authors kids at beginning of this post when they had to be barefoot in there own cells they never got no. MRSA or athletes foot lmao
Sponsored Links
Old 01-07-2020, 08:11 AM
The perfect bad example

Considering that one in three people carry the bacteria, I would say you were lucky. It is a serious issue that shouldn't be downplayed.

Does anyone spiral into control?
The Following User Says Thank You to e-Tex For This Useful Post:
patchouli (01-07-2020)
Old 01-07-2020, 10:38 AM

Oh I didnt know that. This was my first time locked up. The county jail I was in had janitors that cleaned the floors daily with those machines. So I found the floors clean (but cold). In my cell block alone there was atleast 5 of us barefoot at all times. All of us who were barefoot had no issues with bacteria or MRSA or athlete's foot at all. I'm sure in the womans wing they also likely had some who had to go barefoot too. And the fact that the guards have a box of shoes for those of us who had to go barefoot we could pick a pair out of the box for when we go to court, but we had to take them off and put them back into the box soon as we got back to the jail shows it's common at that jail to have a few barefoot inmates there.

Like I said only reason I (and likely the other few inmates in there who were also barefoot) was because when I arrived at the jail this being my first time ever locked up, when I had to remove everything, and only given a jumpsuit to cover me, I didnt know you had to order shoes and socks. I was expecting to be provided some but when I was led to my cell still barefoot, I knew right then and there something was up.

I did not have any money at the time of lockup as I was unemployed at that time so I could not order any shoes or socks. And I'm sure the other few inmates in there who had to stay barefoot too had the same financial issues as me otherwise they would have ordered shoes too.
Old 01-07-2020, 06:17 PM
PTO Administrator
Donation Award 

Thanked 36,390 Times in 16,776 Posts

Michael_78, let me ask you: What did the shower in your pod look like? Funky? Smelly? Black mold or some sort of fungus growing in various places in that shower? More than likely, that's where you'd pick up MRSA, not the hallway that was cleaned daily. EWWWW, or those "other people's shoes" ya'll were allowed to borrow for court

I was ok with just having the flip flops.....they kept my feet off the shower floor. I didn't order any other shoes because the smallest size on commissary was a men's size 10

patchouli, PTO Admin

Old 01-08-2020, 09:29 PM

The shower area was clean where I stayed. It was a nice white tiled floor in the shower area. Walls were clean. Like I said there was janitors who went around the prison daily with there cleaning machines (those floor cleaners they push that look like mini zambonis). The county jail i was at, all the floors in the facility are that nice shiny white tile. Even the shower area was white tile floor. Like.i said in my cell block alone atleast 5 of us stayed barefoot as we didnt order shoes and they didnt even provide flip flops at lockup time. I think the guards know alot of us inmates at lockup time dont always have the funds to order shoes at time of lockup (as in my case) so that's why they have janitors there who clean the floors with those machines and also make sure the shower area was spotless. I'm sure in the womans wing there were some barefoot too. My feet never really got dirty either. Only the floors in our cells were unfinished concrete. Other then that all the floors in the facility was white shiny tile.
Old 01-08-2020, 10:30 PM
PTO Administrator
Donation Award 

Thanked 36,390 Times in 16,776 Posts

Tile. In the shower in your pod Tile, that can be chipped and broken, yielding sharp fragments. Our shower was concrete. The pods were cleaned by whoever was currently housed in it. Daily. But some folks clean better, more thoroughly than others The hallways were also cleaned daily....by 2 or 3 inmates, chosen by the CO on duty.

patchouli, PTO Admin

The Following User Says Thank You to patchouli For This Useful Post:
e-Tex (01-09-2020)
Old 01-09-2020, 04:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael_78 View Post
The shower area was clean where I stayed. It was a nice white tiled floor in the shower area. Walls were clean. Like I said there was janitors who went around the prison daily with there cleaning machines (those floor cleaners they push that look like mini zambonis). The county jail i was at, all the floors in the facility are that nice shiny white tile. Even the shower area was white tile floor. Like.i said in my cell block alone atleast 5 of us stayed barefoot as we didnt order shoes and they didnt even provide flip flops at lockup time. I think the guards know alot of us inmates at lockup time dont always have the funds to order shoes at time of lockup (as in my case) so that's why they have janitors there who clean the floors with those machines and also make sure the shower area was spotless. I'm sure in the womans wing there were some barefoot too. My feet never really got dirty either. Only the floors in our cells were unfinished concrete. Other then that all the floors in the facility was white shiny tile.

I have to ask what prison were you in? I'm asking out of curiosity.

Thank you
Old 01-09-2020, 08:21 AM

Christian county