Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > FEDERAL PRISON SYSTEM > Federal Prison Visitation, Phones, Packages & Mail
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Federal Prison Visitation, Phones, Packages & Mail Use this forum to discuss Federal prison Visitation info & issues, Phones, Packages & Mail issues & topics.

Old 01-05-2020, 09:54 PM

Smile Question about visiting Beaumont Medium...

Im visiting Beaumont Medium for the 1st time next weekend and have no idea what to expect or how to dress. Can I wear a jacket? Do they search my car? Do I need to clean out my trunk? And do they check and see if I have a drivers license? I have an Id but no license. Can someone please give me a little info on what to expect. Thanks.
Sponsored Links
Old 01-05-2020, 10:01 PM

Each prison has their own website and within that site are visitation rules and regulations. Most things are addressed but you'll learn more after your first visit and talking to ppl.

A jacket, coat or even hoodie is not likely permitted but again it will tell you. Avoid wearing underwire bras as they set metal detectors off very easily. Only go in with your ONE car key, your ID and a baggie with money. Those things all seem to be universal.
Old 01-06-2020, 06:34 AM
Site Moderator
Donation Award 

Thanked 23,165 Times in 13,320 Posts

I hope you get answers from folks who have visited there. Here's a link to Beaumont Medium's visiting rules.
https://www.bop.gov/locations/instit...isit_hours.pdf

and to their inmate rules, A&O handbook.
https://www.bop.gov/locations/instit...aohandbook.pdf
Old 01-08-2020, 01:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Girl22472 View Post
Each prison has their own website and within that site are visitation rules and regulations. Most things are addressed but you'll learn more after your first visit and talking to ppl.

A jacket, coat or even hoodie is not likely permitted but again it will tell you. Avoid wearing underwire bras as they set metal detectors off very easily. Only go in with your ONE car key, your ID and a baggie with money. Those things all seem to be universal.
Thank you for that information. Im was just nervous about driving hours there and they turn me around over something little or stupid.
Old 01-12-2020, 07:37 AM

I haven’t visited Beaumont, but the guard at the gate will check your id. I don’t know if it will matter to them whether it’sa drivers license or just an ID, but they are a form of law enforcement so if your driving without a license they may give you trouble. They won’t search your car unless they feel they need to. You will have to sign a waiver saying you have no drugs, alcohol, firearms or explosives in your car.
I don’t know about Beaumont personally as to attire, but I wasn’t even allowed to wear a cardigan, pull over hoodless sweaters only. They considered the cardigan to be an “over coat” I think though it depends more on who is working that day. I wore an under wire bra, and had to pull my bra away from my chest and shake so they could see I want concealing anything.
I would recommend bringing a couple clothing options in your car, just to be safe. They will let you go change.
The Following User Says Thank You to Jpjb86 For This Useful Post:
zana82 (01-16-2020)
Old 01-14-2020, 08:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jpjb86 View Post
I haven’t visited Beaumont, but the guard at the gate will check your id. I don’t know if it will matter to them whether it’sa drivers license or just an ID, but they are a form of law enforcement so if your driving without a license they may give you trouble. They won’t search your car unless they feel they need to. You will have to sign a waiver saying you have no drugs, alcohol, firearms or explosives in your car.
I don’t know about Beaumont personally as to attire, but I wasn’t even allowed to wear a cardigan, pull over hoodless sweaters only. They considered the cardigan to be an “over coat” I think though it depends more on who is working that day. I wore an under wire bra, and had to pull my bra away from my chest and shake so they could see I want concealing anything.
I would recommend bringing a couple clothing options in your car, just to be safe. They will let you go change.
Thank you for the info. Im glad you informed me because I had planned on wearing a cardigan. Im just gonna have to have 2 or 3 different outfits because I feel they gonna try to find something to complain about.
The Following User Says Thank You to Shandemiller For This Useful Post:
zana82 (01-16-2020)
Old 01-14-2020, 09:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shandemiller View Post
Thank you for the info. Im glad you informed me because I had planned on wearing a cardigan. Im just gonna have to have 2 or 3 different outfits because I feel they gonna try to find something to complain about.
One biggie I've seen where my husband is, is underwire bras. If you where one prepare for it to set the metal detector off and you either go change bras or pull the wire out of that one (cant go without)so on the safe side I'd wear a sports bra.
The Following User Says Thank You to Girl22472 For This Useful Post:
zana82 (01-16-2020)
Old 01-16-2020, 01:15 PM
FCI Beaumont

FCI Beaumont Low has been on lockdown now for several months, and I believe the Medium & USP facilities as well, but not positive about those two.

According to the ABA's Standards on Treatment of Prisoners, lockdowns are not to be used as a form of punishment but to "restore safety" and should be limited to 1 day or less if possible. These inmates' civil rights are being violated and something needs to be done to make a change! The corrections officer that directed another corrections officer to assault an inmate in 2017 has finally been charged by a federal judge to 2 years on the 9th. Additionally, all the stuff going on at Parchman has caught the attention of many, including large media outlets and celebrities. There is new prison reform working its way through legislation. We need to ACT NOW!

PLEASE DM me if you have or had a loved one locked up at any of the FCI Beaumont facilities. Some other people and I are trying to organize a rally or protest. Telemundo TV has agreed to cover this story already, but we need more, mainstream media outlets too. We also need an outpouring of complaints to get filed so we get the attention of the DOJ and FAMM.

Also, I have created a FB page called FCI Beaumont Movement for Prison Reform/Inmates' Rights, the URL is on my profile under contact information. Please come join if you are interested in sharing your stories/experiencing and/or getting involved.