Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > ARKANSAS > Arkansas Prison and Jail Specific Discussions
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Arkansas Prison and Jail Specific Discussions This forum covers topics & discussions specific to Jails and Prisons located throughout the State of Arkansas.

Old 05-09-2013, 08:43 AM

Default Need info on Tucker Unit

Could anyone tell me what the Tucker Unit is like? My son was just transferred there and I haven't really heard much about that unit at all. Anything would be appreciated.
Sponsored Links
Old 05-14-2013, 06:43 PM

Hello! My husband was just transferred there as well. He has been there before, but I have never visited there, so I'm hoping that someone will reply with some info. Other than that, he said that Tucker is a pretty nasty place and that the others told him that visits are packed. I'm hoping that visits won't be too bad, because we have an 18 month old and a his old unit they had movies for her to watch and let her run around the whole time. I'm not so sure about this place. UGH. lol So if anyone has kids that visits there and could answer to that part, I would appreciate it! I hope someone can help you out as well. And I'm sure I'll be seeing you at visit soon! =)
Old 04-04-2014, 05:19 PM

It has been awhile since this was posted, but my boyfriend was just moved to the Tucker Unit. So just kind of wondering what I might need to be expecting this Sunday when I visit, any info would be really appreciated!!
Old 04-04-2014, 08:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JadedSerena
It has been awhile since this was posted, but my boyfriend was just moved to the Tucker Unit. So just kind of wondering what I might need to be expecting this Sunday when I visit, any info would be really appreciated!!
My husband just left there... They start lining up outside the prison at about 10:00. The guard will come let you in at about 11:30. From my experience they are a little less strict on clothes there.. But depending on who is up front, they sometimes hate on skinny jeans, yoga pants, and low cut shirts. Not very often though. Visiting is in the gym and it's usually packed. You sit at a set of 4 chairs. There are vending machines with microwave burgers and stuff.. And then the inmate council sells nachos, frito pies, popcorn, pickles... And I forget what else. Maybe that's it. Oh and they have all their hobby craft stuff displayed so you can buy it. My husband and I only got in trouble twice in the almost year that he was there... As long as you're not constantly making out or on top of each other, you should be alright. Oh and they do pictures too... You can get 3 4x6's for $5... They have other sizes too but I only ever got the 4x6's. You can message me if you have any other questions.
JadedSerena (04-05-2014)
Old 07-31-2018, 03:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by officeremily View Post
Hello! My husband was just transferred there as well. He has been there before, but I have never visited there, so I'm hoping that someone will reply with some info. Other than that, he said that Tucker is a pretty nasty place and that the others told him that visits are packed. I'm hoping that visits won't be too bad, because we have an 18 month old and a his old unit they had movies for her to watch and let her run around the whole time. I'm not so sure about this place. UGH. lol So if anyone has kids that visits there and could answer to that part, I would appreciate it! I hope someone can help you out as well. And I'm sure I'll be seeing you at visit soon! =)
I had my first visit at Tucker this past weekend. The only place we had been before was Cummings. I will tell you this. Do not wear an underwire bra. If you have one on you have to leave and can't come back. Cummings you just had to take it off. We took his newborn daughter and his 7 yo to visit. It went ok . They just have chairs to sit in, no tables. The first barracks my son was in he said was crazy, he had never seen anything like it. Drugs and cell phones everywhere. Then he went into the reentry program, no drugs are problems there. Just got kicked out today, so he is back in the barracks, but a different one. They seem more strick at Tucker than Cummings, they don't play around. That's all I can think of to tell you. If you have questions, just ask