Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > ARIZONA > Arizona Visitation, Phones, Packages & Mail Discussions
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Arizona Visitation, Phones, Packages & Mail Discussions Topics / Information relating to the Arizona Department of Corrections and local & county Jail visitation, phone calls, mail, inmate care packages, etc.

Old 08-06-2018, 12:19 AM
Liz

Thanked 1,212 Times in 468 Posts
Default Printing and mailing PDF books/magazines

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fridyrr.Likn View Post
Liz - My ex is at Stiner and just asked me to send 5 pictures per envelope because they are cracking down on pictures. Never had this problem in AZ before but everything is a little weird now. Books has been a constant fight. I find many of them as PDFs and print them out haha! Also send a lot of picture collages or pictures on letters.
Kendra, you can get away with setting a printed book of 100 pages or more? My kid should have 2 classes this semester from the college, but after Christmas, he is going to be out of things to do - aside from his usual exercise, porter job and such. With less than a year left, he can't get one of those better paying jobs. I don't want him to get bored, and I have plenty of ebooks I could print. Mostly sci-fi. Since being disabled I have read on average 200 books a year. Some I buy, others are free, some are ones I am a beta reader or proofreader for. Ink and paper are expensive, but if it gives him something to read and keeps him occupied, I will do it. Also, how do you mail. Priority mail for the flat fee or regular mail in your own large envelope?
The Following User Says Thank You to lizlizzie2 For This Useful Post:
Fridyrr.Likn (08-06-2018)
Sponsored Links
Old 08-06-2018, 09:18 AM
Heathen Moderator

PTO Moderator 

Thanked 3,983 Times in 1,742 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by lizlizzie2 View Post
Kendra, you can get away with setting a printed book of 100 pages or more? My kid should have 2 classes this semester from the college, but after Christmas, he is going to be out of things to do - aside from his usual exercise, porter job and such. With less than a year left, he can't get one of those better paying jobs. I don't want him to get bored, and I have plenty of ebooks I could print. Mostly sci-fi. Since being disabled I have read on average 200 books a year. Some I buy, others are free, some are ones I am a beta reader or proofreader for. Ink and paper are expensive, but if it gives him something to read and keeps him occupied, I will do it. Also, how do you mail. Priority mail for the flat fee or regular mail in your own large envelope?
I've been sending books over 100 pages (mostly religious) for years to AZ and the feds. Obviously it's helpful if you can print double sided. Don't include cover pages. I send priority or media mail depending on how much I want to spend. I've sent 300+ page books and broken them up into several envelopes.
lizlizzie2 (08-14-2018)
Old 08-06-2018, 05:25 PM

Hi there,

I have printed and sent mine a PDF book, but i am curious can I print and send him pdf magazines as well? There are a couple of fantasy football ones he wants that are only available from Amazon (I know...), but I can buy them in pdf format. Is there a difference between printing books and magazines? Maybe this should have its own thread?

Thanks,
Michelle
Old 08-07-2018, 10:04 AM
Heathen Moderator

PTO Moderator 

Thanked 3,983 Times in 1,742 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shelby67 View Post
Hi there,

I have printed and sent mine a PDF book, but i am curious can I print and send him pdf magazines as well? There are a couple of fantasy football ones he wants that are only available from Amazon (I know...), but I can buy them in pdf format. Is there a difference between printing books and magazines? Maybe this should have its own thread?

Thanks,
Michelle
I've never tried but I don't see why not. Doesn't hurt to try.

However, with fantasy football you run the risk of it being denied because they don't want the inmates gambling. I've had sports schedules turned away because of that.
Shelby67 (08-14-2018)