Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > FLORIDA > Florida General Prison Talk, Introductions & Chit Chat
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Florida General Prison Talk, Introductions & Chit Chat Topics & Discussions relating to Prison & the Criminal Justice System in Florida that do not fit into any other Florida subforum category. Please feel free to also introduce yourself to other members in the state and talk about whatever topics come to mind that may not have anything to do with prison.

Old 05-17-2012, 01:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4evermyfrankie View Post
Well, Okeechobee C.I., visitation at least, can be really laid back depending on the officers working that day. The people at the front where you check in are jerks but the one's in VP are okay.

You are watched like a hawk, of course, and there are officers everywhere most times. As long as you aren't being too affectionate they don't really bother you.

The visitation is in and outside and is pretty small.

Note: there are a lot of cameras at the outside area of visitation and they DO watch the tapes later on.

The actual prison itself sucks of course. Lock-downs for everything you do...not a lot of ventilation...officers working the prison are the type to pick on inmates, etc...it depends on how you present yourself and get along with them...
Wonder why they watch you soooooo closely. Maybe it's the constant introduction of contraband visitors and staff (yes I said Staff) are bringing in. I;ve had pretty good interaction with the staff and the Duty Wardens, whatever that is. My friend tells me the food is good though.
Sponsored Links
Old 06-01-2012, 02:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BryanKimble1971 View Post
My husband is at Franklin CI. Franklin is really not very good at all. He finally got approved to be moved to Cross City CI. Just waiting for them to move him.
my nephew just did a year at cross city, I think an inmate
murdered a guard there a few months back. Thankfully he was moved to Berrydale Frstry cmp
(for a change he had it easy), after his 6th tour.
same ole same ole, guards are petty, ignorant and disrespectful.
Old 06-01-2012, 03:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JudyA68 View Post
I know what you mean. My husand is also at Taylor and he won't tell me anything. He says the only time he can talk without being in fear is at viso and since I live in another state and unemployed, that is not going to happen anytime soon. He is afraid to sneeze too loud. Anytime I say anything that he doesn't like he tells me enough, stop talking. He is just trying to lay low and do his time the best he can without bringing any attention to himself. We just marked the end of our first of three years. I try to stay positive by saying that we are a 1/3rd of the way through but then I revert back to ....OMG 2 more years. I wish they would transfer him closer to his mom so that he can have more frequent visits. I've heard people say they have been transferred several times in a year but mine has been at Taylor from the begining. I can't wait for this hell to be over.
Hang tough, God never gives us more than we can handle. In fla. 3 years is light. Laying low, under the radar and NOT TALKING ON PHONES, is imperative. The time I did was disgusting, the guards
are ignorant, uneducated criminals on the other side of the law. He's smart to operate as he does, and must stay vigilant. God Bless.
Old 07-24-2018, 04:53 PM

my son is supposed to be sent to Marion CI he was told it's very bad there. Does anyone have any info on it?
Old 08-07-2018, 09:22 PM

This is my husband's second bid. I cant remember all the ones he has been in, but AIC, FSP, Lake Butler were the ones I have heard him talk about from last time. This time he has been to NWFRC, Suwannee CI, Suwannee Work Camp and is now back to Suwannee CI.

He said he would rather be anywhere else other than NWFRC. Between the Suwannee's....work camp has better food but CI has ac. And neither of the three places have any programs much less the ones the judge recommended him be in.

The Following User Says Thank You to Sunnielg For This Useful Post:
xolady (08-08-2018)
Old 08-09-2018, 05:55 AM
icj357
Donation Award 

This is my son's second bid, the first time he was at Lancaster Work Camp, which at the time was a juvenile prison, it was really bad there, the guards were constantly placing their hands on the kids, and now he is at Bay CF, which is a privately run prison, it is a lot nicer if something can be said for prison. Neither had any programs short of GED.