Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > CONNECTICUT > Connecticut Prison & Jail Visitation, Phones, Packages & Mail
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Connecticut Prison & Jail Visitation, Phones, Packages & Mail Topics / Information relating to the Connecticut Department of Corrections and local & county Jail visitation, phone calls, mail, inmate care packages, etc.

Old 04-14-2014, 06:42 PM

Default What's allowed in mail?

Hi, all!

I see some threads from a year or so ago talking about what you can send in the mail - photocopies of puzzles/games, print outs from the internet, colored drawings... My friend is at Cybulski. Does anyone have recent experience with this? Are these things ok still? I'm just wanting to send some fun things along (aside from just letters and pics), but don't want things to get sent back - it takes so long anyway!
Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Old 04-14-2014, 08:04 PM

do you have a smartphone? I ask because I have an app that let's me add text to pictures.
Sometimes I send whole letters with no paper, just pics.

In az colored pencil is ok but not marker or crayon.

we also have a game of battleship going on some graph paper.

hope this helps
The Following User Says Thank You to Wendy1918 For This Useful Post:
laurieamb (04-15-2014)
Old 04-14-2014, 10:04 PM

PTOQ Editorial Team Member Superstar of the Year 

Donation Award 

Thanked 3,923 Times in 1,592 Posts

Hi & welcome to Prison Talk! I am really glad that you found us and decided to join.

I do not deal with Cybulski--my man is in Northern , so I am not sure how similar or different their practices may be.

Honestly, the way to insure that he can receive your mail is by staying with basics...ball point pen or typed on non-colored paper. No crayon, staples, glue or adhesive, paper clips, lipstick kisses or perfume. Any pictures cannot be too revealing. Make certain that nothing falls on the page--strawberries, rain drops, or anything which may make the paper slightly different. For example, if you use a gel pen and rest it on the page, leaving an ink blob, it may be returned. No colored paper.

You will want to review the policy for the standards, but I find it leaves a great deal to interpretation.

If you would like to send something colorful, I would suggest that you do it by using colored ink in the printer--not by pencils or markers.

What you can do is send 2 letters; do the basic letter that he really needs to get, and then do the one you'd like him to get. In the optional one you can be more experimental and know that it may be returned. But at least it will have been sent separately so he will still get his letter.

Good luck to you! And I look forward to seeing you around the forum!

So...What's your point?

The Following User Says Thank You to InsomniaCT For This Useful Post:
laurieamb (04-15-2014)