Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > CALIFORNIA > California Legal Help
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

California Legal Help Topics, Discussions and Information relating to Legal Information specific to the State of California. This information is *NOT PROFESSIONAL* and should always be fact-checked!

Old 08-21-2018, 06:40 AM
CA, LASO, site sug. SUPER MOD

PTO Super Moderator Staff Superstar Winner 

Donation Award 

Thanked 28,522 Times in 14,378 Posts

My hubs own experience is vastly different than CAdreamings.
He was however on an sny yard. Most on those yards have a sex offense on record.

Since they seem to be getting away from sny yards, Im not sure how things will play out.

If you read the links I provided above they may help (should you need them)

My hubs own experience was not pleasant by any stretch of the imagination however he was not hurt, assaulted or anything. He kept to himself pretty much. Stayed out of the day room where they have tv and did ok.
He did 5.75 yrs.

That's my dog's nose art

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sidewalker For This Useful Post:
Rc3000 (08-27-2018), Sarianna (08-22-2018)
Sponsored Links
Old 08-27-2018, 11:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxie'smom View Post
I work for CPS. Let me know if you need any help navigating the system. Goodluck with everything.
I would like some help if the offer still stands.Would you be available to talk sometime soon?
Old 08-27-2018, 11:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidewalker View Post
My hubs own experience is vastly different than CAdreamings.
He was however on an sny yard. Most on those yards have a sex offense on record.

Since they seem to be getting away from sny yards, Im not sure how things will play out.

If you read the links I provided above they may help (should you need them)

My hubs own experience was not pleasant by any stretch of the imagination however he was not hurt, assaulted or anything. He kept to himself pretty much. Stayed out of the day room where they have tv and did ok.
He did 5.75 yrs.
Thanks. That is somewhat my concern, the fact that they are phasing out those yards. I can only imagine the problems that will arise. I will pray that God gives me the wisdom to navigate this situation. We are a week away from my initial hearing and we still have heard nothing about the charges the DA will be filing. By the time we have the hearing 2 months will have gone by. I have my first visitation with my daughter on this Wednesday. CPS seemed to want to prohibit me from seeing her at all but the judge disagreed and ordered makeup visits. Which visits may never happen depending on what happens this week. I heard they can raise my bail. I cannot afford anymore expenses at this point after hiring lawyers and getting fired from my job.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Rc3000 For This Useful Post:
Sarianna (08-27-2018), sidewalker (08-30-2018)
Old 08-30-2018, 06:42 AM

Donation Award 

That was a thing they did in my hub's case as well. Bail initially set at 150K but after the first hearing it went up to 300K.
There was no way I could come up with 10% of that.
At least the time in county counted toward his sentence.

Like I said earlier, those links may help.
Basically dont ask anyone what they are in for, and if you are asked....you can say something to the effect of...felonious stupidity same as you.Or Breaking the law.
Dont gamble, dont borrow and dont loan.

Here is to hoping you get to visit with your kid(s)

That's my dog's nose art

Old 08-30-2018, 01:01 PM

Ok. Thanks alot. God bless you.
The Following User Says Thank You to Rc3000 For This Useful Post:
sidewalker (09-01-2018)
Old 09-16-2018, 03:40 PM

I'm feeling both frustration and anxiety today. Just received the discovery and it brought back a lot of horrible feelings. Right now I have been told to go to counseling appointed by CPS. However it is detrimental for me to make any admissions even to this counselor who is supposed to be "confidential". My next criminal hearing is in November but they are racing to a decision in the juvenile dependency court. I don't want to lose my girls but I know me saying anything right now will pretty much take any plea deal off of the table in the criminal negotiations. SMH anyone have any advice?
Old 09-16-2018, 05:26 PM

As a CO, when it comes to being a SO on the inside, the best advice is keep your mouth shut and your head down. Be careful of new people trying to friend you really quick, unless it's other SO. SO seem to hang out together.

Like others said don't lie, cheat, steal or even borrow from others in prison. Don't overspend at the commissary or you might be a target. The first days and weeks will be scary, but you will get used to it and learn the "prison rules"

Most CO's have no love for SO, but usually good staff will not target you because of your crime. Your counselors and case managers are there to help you, use them and take advantage of every program offered you.

Your military history should not be a problem. There are many other veterans on the inside too. Being an MP should not be a problem ether, it might not even come up, unless you bring it up. It's regular civilian cops who have a hard time in prison. You will be viewed as a SO first not a former MP.

Yes I will not sugar coat it. Being a SO in prison is rough. But many have done it and survived with little or no problems, depending on what prison they landed at.

Last edited by Bikerguy; 09-16-2018 at 05:38 PM..
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Bikerguy For This Useful Post:
Free At Last 5 (09-25-2018), Rc3000 (09-25-2018), safran (09-16-2018)
Old 09-17-2018, 06:31 AM

Donation Award 

Rc, I can certainly understand your fear of talking with someone from cps.
And you are right, they are not bound by any sort of confidentiality and anything could be used against you.
Has your attny weighed in on this? Is there a way to go to a counselor of your choice instead?

That's my dog's nose art

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sidewalker For This Useful Post:
gvalliant (09-17-2018), Sarianna (09-18-2018)
Old 09-25-2018, 10:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidewalker View Post
Rc, I can certainly understand your fear of talking with someone from cps.
And you are right, they are not bound by any sort of confidentiality and anything could be used against you.
Has your attny weighed in on this? Is there a way to go to a counselor of your choice instead?
Yes. He advised me that I should only speak about thing in the report and not offer anything else. Because I called a friend and told him what I have done, it is viewed somewhat favorably. He said I can speak about it from that standpoint but should not further incriminate myself by agreeing to any of the false accusations. We had a hearing yesterday where they pretty much let us know my girls will not go home to their mother for at least 6 months and they are not offering me any reunification services for my youngest. It hurt but I have to count my blessings at this point.
The Following User Says Thank You to Rc3000 For This Useful Post:
Sarianna (09-25-2018)