Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > CALIFORNIA > California Prison-Specific Forums > California State Prison, Sacramento (SAC)
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

California State Prison, Sacramento (SAC) Topics, Discussions & Information relating to the California State Prison in Represa, California.

Old 03-23-2015, 12:38 PM

Default What is PSU?

Can anyone tell me what the PSU is? Why would they go there and are they allowed phine calls and visits?
Sponsored Links
Old 03-23-2015, 07:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cspain View Post
Can anyone tell me what the PSU is? Why would they go there and are they allowed phine calls and visits?
PSU is the psychiatric services unit. I think that the name of it will probably tell you why he is there- something mental health related but serious

It is a higher unit for mental health issues- beyond CCCMS and EOP- and I believe it is for an inmate who was already in the mental health program and then got written up for something- so like the SHU- but a mental health SHU.

I am not 100% but I don't believe that he will get visits and phone calls at all while he is there. I have attached a document from the prison law office that tells more about it.

Sorry to hear this happened but I hope this helps.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf AdministrativeSegregation,May2014.pdf (209.0 KB, 4 views)
Old 03-23-2015, 07:48 PM

Oh no.. I already bought my plane tickets. Its so frustrating because I promised no more getting in trouble. He was on an EOP when we had calls but I didn't find that out until I found out he was moved. Hopefully he's at least getting my mail. Thank you so much for your help.
Old 03-23-2015, 08:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cspain View Post
Oh no.. I already bought my plane tickets. Its so frustrating because I promised no more getting in trouble. He was on an EOP when we had calls but I didn't find that out until I found out he was moved. Hopefully he's at least getting my mail. Thank you so much for your help.
Well, I would recommend two things just to be sure. For one, I responded to your other post on how to get a hold of his counselor. Try that and records may be even able to tell you

Second, contact the ombudsman for his prison at Sacramento. They will be able to tell you if he is eligible for visits and the such. he may get visits but only non contact- don't know if you want to travel a long distance for one hour behind glass.

The ombudsman would be a great resource for you and is very helpful.

Their contact information is below- just find the once for his prison:

http://cdcr.ca.gov/Ombuds/OOContact.html

Actually, there is one more. You can Contact the public information officer (PIO).

Between all of these, someone will be able to help you. They might not be able to tell you a lot, depending on what is going on and your relation, but they can at least give you basic information.

The PIO's are attached.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Adult_Institutions_Public_Information_Officers.pdf (88.2 KB, 3 views)
Old 03-23-2015, 08:06 PM

I appreciate all your help. I think I will be spending ALOT of time on the phone tomorrow.