Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > COLORADO > Colorado Prison and Jail Specific Discussions
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Colorado Prison and Jail Specific Discussions Please use this forum to talk about Department of Correction prison units, private institutiions, city jails, county jails, etc.

Old 03-02-2017, 12:42 PM

Question Does Colorado Territorial Facility use Global Tel Link?

Hi, first off my name is jessica. so my fiance (chris) was moved to CTCF yesterday. Does anyone know if the phone system is the same as at DRDC? I have an account with Global Tel Link and just want to make sure he will still be able to call me. I do know his phone list will follow him but I only have a cell phone and using GTL worked well. The area code is different though, will that affect his being able to call?
I'm brand new to this so still learning. Thanks in advance for any help.
Sponsored Links
Old 03-02-2017, 05:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renee84 View Post
Hi, first off my name is jessica. so my fiance (chris) was moved to CTCF yesterday. Does anyone know if the phone system is the same as at DRDC? I have an account with Global Tel Link and just want to make sure he will still be able to call me. I do know his phone list will follow him but I only have a cell phone and using GTL worked well. The area code is different though, will that affect his being able to call?
I'm brand new to this so still learning. Thanks in advance for any help.
Hello. Yes territorial days use GTL. He may be at territorial (cell house 5) just for transitioning until he gets to his perm facility. But all Doc prisons use GTL

Old 03-03-2017, 01:32 AM

Thank you. I finally got to talk to him today. And you're right he is just in a transition phase. He's supposed to go to a restricted-minimum facility. I sure hope he goes to Arrowhead. Fingers crossed! ��
Old 03-03-2017, 08:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renee84 View Post
Thank you. I finally got to talk to him today. And you're right he is just in a transition phase. He's supposed to go to a restricted-minimum facility. I sure hope he goes to Arrowhead. Fingers crossed! ��

Good luck! Trinidad, Sterling, Buena Vista, and Four Mile are the alternatives. Keep us posted please. My husband is finally eligible for lower custody so I'm hoping he will be moved soon!

Old 03-03-2017, 03:24 PM

Yes let's hope he is moved quickly. My fiance is serving his remainder after having his parole revoked. His sentence discharge date is June of this year. Not long I know but I've never gone through this before, definitely been a learning lesson and honestly I've learned a lot from here Prison Talk so I'm very greatful for that and for all of you. Thanks so much!
Old 07-15-2017, 03:00 PM

Hello my name is Renee my husband was just recently transferred to Colorado Territorial Correctional Facility cell house 5 and I have Connect Network account which is GTL but his calls are no timing through does any know why this may be I have spoken with CIPS and assured everything is ok on their end and with my phone she placed a call to me and it went through. Also are those the only options for placement after leaving CTCF? I'm new to this I dont drive or have a car and its hard as it is to find a ride there to see him.