Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > COLORADO > Colorado Prison and Jail Specific Discussions
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Colorado Prison and Jail Specific Discussions Please use this forum to talk about Department of Correction prison units, private institutiions, city jails, county jails, etc.

Old 03-27-2016, 09:13 PM

Wow, 12yrs how long did he get. We're you with him before he got locked up?
Sponsored Links
Old 03-27-2016, 09:23 PM
Married May 27, 2017!

He got 4y to Life. However, the fact that he's in a re-entry center (and has been for the year) is a good sign. He's up for parole again in April, and it looks like he has everything required to get out.

We weren't together as a couple before, but we were best friends since we were 12 (I've known him for 22 years.) We were homeschooled and grew up in a cult where dating was forbidden. His family moved when we were 17 and forbade him to contact me. At 20 I decided I would take matters in my own hands and tell him how I felt ever since I was 12 and his parents told me that he was dead rather than they had him sent to prison. They apparently told him that I was dead too.

I found out 7 years later, after I had already married, that they had lied to me. I started writing him in 2010 via jPay and joined this site shortly after I got a response to my letter some 6 months later (he was debating whether to open that can of worms since I was married.) Three years later we couldn't keep the feelings out of our letters anymore though.

Don't judge me, I'm actually STILL married. I loved him but I also loved my husband and it was a relief when pretty much the same day, without them talking to each other, they both mentioned that they would be fine with polyamory. All three of us want this to work out, and we were going to be a triad... however, my husband has severe lupus and has been in the hospital for four months now and probably will not survive much longer. He has actually called my man and begged him to marry me once he's gone. This was a no-brainer for my guy. Had his parents not manipulated things we would be married right now and I would never have met my husband.

Yeah I know, weird, convoluted story.
Old 03-27-2016, 09:59 PM

I'm definitely not going to judge you, you live your life to the fullest and do what makes you happy. And hey if they are both good with it even better
The Following User Says Thank You to SadGreenEyes For This Useful Post:
Revenwyn (03-28-2016)
Old 04-10-2016, 01:53 PM

I Finally Got To Talk To My Man. Yayyy!! He Has A Parole Hearing At The End Of This Month && Gets To Put Out A Request For A Halfway House Next Month. He Didn't Say He Had To Finish Any Programs Before Leaving
Old 04-10-2016, 06:00 PM

Has Anyone Been To Visitation Here? If So How Did It Go?
Old 04-11-2016, 02:52 PM
Blueyes

Never been to that facility. But, glad you got to talk to him and he's up for a HWH next month. How long has he been there? CRMC, right?
Old 04-11-2016, 06:03 PM

Yeah CMRC. He hot moved there around a month ago. Yeah I can't wait I hope he gets approved! I just sent out my app for visitation today
Old 04-12-2016, 04:15 PM
Married May 27, 2017!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giigglezz14 View Post
Yeah CMRC. He hot moved there around a month ago. Yeah I can't wait I hope he gets approved! I just sent out my app for visitation today
My man has been in CMRC for almost a year. Chances are if he has just been moved there he will not actually be paroled just yet. According to my guy, you have to spend minimum of 6 months in their program, usually a year. If you were sent there soon after a parole date they take that into consideration and if you would have been there a year before you're released you're usually good to go.

I live in Arkansas so I haven't been able to visit him (long story; haven't seen him in 16 years, since he moved to Colorado) so I don't know how visitation goes. Sorry!
Old 04-12-2016, 06:02 PM

Awe Yeah I Doubt That He Is Going To Get Parole. I Wonder If They Will Deny Him The Half Way House Until The 6 Months Are Up. I Hope Not. If Anything We Only Have Around A Year Left Yay!!!! Hopefully Yours Gets Out Soon. I Hear CMRC Is A Shit Hole. They Have To Sleep With 11 Other Guys Haha
Old 08-12-2016, 03:59 PM

Default bccf

Has anyone heard if Bent is closing their facility?
Old 08-12-2016, 09:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shoutn View Post
There's been rumors for a few years that they were gonna close Bent and KCCC

Old 08-18-2016, 12:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shoutn View Post
Why would you post this on the CMRC thread..
The Following User Says Thank You to Lalalauren For This Useful Post:
joybubby (06-28-2017)
Old 08-18-2016, 03:39 PM
Married May 27, 2017!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lalalauren View Post
Why would you post this on the CMRC thread..
Because some people apparently don't know how message boards work.
Old 03-12-2017, 03:45 AM
Married May 27, 2017!

Just to let people know there's currently a chicken pox outbreak at CMRC.
Old 04-23-2017, 02:49 AM
Married May 27, 2017!

CMRC has been sold to the GEO group.

This does not bode well for our men in there. They have a habit of finding little things to give them infractions for so they can extend the sentence. Longer sentence = more money for them.

A few men have died of starvation at other of their facilities. I'm worried about mine; at 120 pounds he has nothing to lose, and I don't have the money for a package.
Old 05-07-2017, 09:35 PM
Carrot

May, 2017 I am very concerned that part of this prison, CMRC, does not air conditioning-just part of it and the part that doesn't is hot. I got concerned when talking to my brother today and he mentioned it. There is just so much they can do or say as prisoners but I feel it needs to be looked into. If you have somebody there ask them about it. You need to be aware for hot men in a confined place could cause problems.
Old 05-08-2017, 07:58 PM
Married May 27, 2017!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carrot View Post
May, 2017 I am very concerned that part of this prison, CMRC, does not air conditioning-just part of it and the part that doesn't is hot. I got concerned when talking to my brother today and he mentioned it. There is just so much they can do or say as prisoners but I feel it needs to be looked into. If you have somebody there ask them about it. You need to be aware for hot men in a confined place could cause problems.
My guy is currently at CMRC right now as well, and yeah he's telling me how hot it's been.

They have several large fans going in the areas where air conditioning is not working. And they're trying to fix it but right now the company that owns it is in the middle of being bought out by a larger corporation and so there's bigger fish to fry right now.

Yeah, CMRC is private.

But as far as the men causing problems, the men sent here are basically the model prisoners receiving any treatment programs they need to be considered parole eligible. They aren't your typical guys.
Old 07-11-2017, 10:35 AM

My man just got moved here yesterday from DRDC. He was eligible for parole July 9th 2017 and it says he's hearing is Aug 2017! This should be a good thing that he was moved here right?? His mandatory release date is Jan 2019 so hopefully he will get paroled next month or maybe they will make him due like 6 months or something then get released. 6 months is so much better then 2019!! Also does anyone know if the approved visiting applications follow them? DRDC told me they do but when I called Cheyenne this morning they told me that they don't know and I have to call on Friday and talk to the Sargent that's in charge of visits. I was hoping to visit on Saturday and since he's not that far I would still like to visit.
Old 07-11-2017, 11:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by casey88 View Post
My man just got moved here yesterday from DRDC. He was eligible for parole July 9th 2017 and it says he's hearing is Aug 2017! This should be a good thing that he was moved here right?? His mandatory release date is Jan 2019 so hopefully he will get paroled next month or maybe they will make him due like 6 months or something then get released. 6 months is so much better then 2019!! Also does anyone know if the approved visiting applications follow them? DRDC told me they do but when I called Cheyenne this morning they told me that they don't know and I have to call on Friday and talk to the Sargent that's in charge of visits. I was hoping to visit on Saturday and since he's not that far I would still like to visit.
CRMC is a re-entry facility. He was sent there due to his parole eligibility date. It is a private prison so the visiting list may not have followed him but they usually do.

Old 07-11-2017, 11:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nancyginnm View Post
CRMC is a re-entry facility. He was sent there due to his parole eligibility date. It is a private prison so the visiting list may not have followed him but they usually do.
Thank you! I'm hoping it did, I guess we will find out on Friday.
Old 07-11-2017, 06:17 PM
Donation Award 

It has been my experience that the visitation approvals are facility specific and don't follow them, that is why you have to send the application to the facility they are assigned to.
Old 07-17-2017, 03:30 PM

I was able to visit on Saturday. It was so awesome to have my approved application follow him from DRDC! I got there at 9am and didn't leave till 4pm. It was soo nice!! Thank you all for all your help.