Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > FEDERAL PRISON SYSTEM > Federal Prisons > Fort Dix FCI
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Fort Dix FCI Topics and discussion specific to FCI Fort Dix in Fort Dix, NJ.

Old 08-05-2017, 09:54 PM

Default What to expect during visit to Fort Dix...

Can anyone tell me what the visitation process is like at Fort Dix East Side? I am planning to visit at the end of the month and would like to know what to expect. It will be my first time visiting. Some of my questions are:

How much contact is allowed?
How strict is the dress code? What's allowed/not allowed (ie. open toe shoes, ripped jeans, skirts, etc)
How likely are you to get in if you come after count clears? (I'm flying, so I can't guarantee my arrival time)

And any other information that may be insightful. Thanks.
Sponsored Links
Old 08-06-2017, 11:21 AM
Site Moderator

PTO Site Moderator Staff Superstar Winner 

Donation Award 

Thanked 20,387 Times in 11,863 Posts

You will be allowed a quick embrace (hug,kiss) at the beginning and the end of each visit. Enforcement of the visiting rules can depend on who is working the visiting room on that day, so always have a change of clothes available just in case.

Here's a link to the Fort Dix visitation rules.
https://www.bop.gov/inmates/visiting.jsp

and
https://www.bop.gov/locations/instit...eng_061917.pdf
Old 08-09-2017, 02:00 PM

No open toe shoes! bring money for the vending machine singles and quarters and eat before just in case because if theres 5 machines 3-5 will be broken or only take quarters. Confirm that the visit is a good before making the trip - confirm the date because they have a new weird system for the visits. There is a east side, west side, and a camp - make sure you know which side he is on and his register number. They stop taking people at 9:15am-9:30 for the the 10am count and they start letting people in 11:00am-12pm you would have to wait in the car until that time comes. no ripped jeans, no sleeveless shirts, no spandex, no low cut tops no khaki colored clothes no army fatigue prints. You can get in once you are there by 2 but they end visits at 245. I hope this helps. I was there on the East side on July 4th and it wasn't too crazy with the amount of people. And they don't stress you about the kiss and hug but don't over do it because they can suspend your visits for inappropriate behavior. almost forgot - no shorts and no skirts or dresses that are above the knee when you are sitting.

Last edited by VBsWife; 08-09-2017 at 02:02 PM..
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to VBsWife For This Useful Post:
cdalioness (06-10-2018), fbopnomore (08-09-2017)