Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > BREAK TIME > Crime & Court Talk
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Crime & Court Talk News and discussion on all things to do with crime and/or the court system.

Old 07-09-2019, 06:33 AM

Default New to Prison life... trial is coming up... help a sista

My fianc is currently incarcerated in Idaho, due to a DOC parole violation, 180 days, and hes been in since 4/10/19. Id say 2/3 weeks after he went to Idaho Washington (where we live) hit him with 17counts of forgery, 4counts of 2nd degree theft, Identity theft, and a few theft 1st degree, Im sure I missed one or two of something... my question is this... how much time is he really looking at? Im tried to research but all the articles say something different!! Court Is less than a month away and I want to be prepared and strong for my man (or appear to be) please if anyone has any idea about the Washington court system let me know ❤️
Sponsored Links
Old 07-09-2019, 07:45 AM
Site Moderator

PTO Site Moderator Staff Superstar Winner 

Donation Award 

Thanked 22,081 Times in 12,752 Posts

It's difficult to predict what the Washington courts will do for the many new criminal charges, or when they will move him back to the State. He will have a lawyer, so he can find out from them.
Old 07-09-2019, 11:41 AM
attorney

Thanked 21,777 Times in 7,602 Posts

Worst case scenario, you can take the maximum for each count and add them up. If he got sentenced to the Max for each count and each max is added in consecutive sentences, this is the number that should take your breath away.

Most people don't get sentenced to the worst. Assuming a conviction, some sentences for each charge would run concurrent, meaning at the same time as other sentences, further, very few people get the max.

His sentence is determined by a lot of different factors.

What indicates to me that he is facing some serious time is that he is taking it to trial. To me, that indicates the plea offers were pretty huge, so huge in penalty that he would rather risk a trial.

Then again, gambling, he could get not guilty verdicts and walk out of the courthouse that day.

Get through the trial. IF he is found guilty, then worry about sentencing. Don't try to read the tea leaves - just be supportive. Once there is an actual sentence, then you will know exactly what you are dealing with.

Breathe. Try to not let this rent so much space in your mind. You really do not know what you are facing until you have a number.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to yourself For This Useful Post:
4Bobby (07-10-2019), fbopnomore (07-09-2019), maytayah (07-09-2019), patchouli (07-09-2019), sidewalker (07-11-2019)