Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > RESOURCE CENTER > Prison & Criminal Legal Help!
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Prison & Criminal Legal Help! Ask questions, get opinions, and find resources on dealing with criminal justice legal issues, appeals, and more..

Old 07-01-2019, 10:45 AM
Donation Award 

Default Visitation Denial-no valid reason, possible ADA violation

Hi all. Okay my turn to ask for help my visitation was denied to my husband on May 13. I had previously visited three times no issue. I began calling and calling and was told it was an administrative decision. I took it to the Asst Wardens office and after two weeks of continuous calling (with no return calls, just excuses that people are on vacation), I received a letter that stated I put the wrong birthdate on my PVI form. Not true. I’m not a moron and I also have a copy because I filled it out at home and made a copy. Back at it with more excuses for why it’s not being corrected or reviewed. Last week for no reason all our video visits were cancelled and my access revoked saying I am a victim if his parole violation. Not true. Nothing has ever happened. They even approved someone they shouldn’t have so this excuse doesn’t fly either. I never received a letter back. I just sent another email to the wardens asst. stating I have not received a letter or any call backs. I require ADA accommodations and I feel like they are trying to use excuses because they don’t want to deal with me. I stated that in this email. I guess I need to take this to the next level, but I don’t know what that is? Springfield? A lawyer? Idk what to do but I am the only one in the same state as my husband and he hasn’t had a visit in two months. It’s really affecting him, and I’ve never encountered something like this. Any advice would be appreciated. Hopefully someone from IL has dealt with IDOC. This prison is known for being a “disciplinary” prison and extremely difficult with the inmates. There are several pending suits.

“I’d like to think that women are Gods, because we resurrect men. We lift them up so high they almost start to believe they can live without us.”

Sponsored Links
Old 07-01-2019, 11:29 AM
PTO Administrator

PTOQ Editorial Team Member Staff Superstar Two Time Winner Staff Superstar Winner 

Donation Award 

Thanked 35,064 Times in 16,175 Posts

Not to sound cliche` but: Visitation is a privilege, not a right...and: Their House / Their Rules. Other than the ADA issue, there isn't anything you can do. The Warden of a facility has the final say.

Proving they're violating ADA will be extremely difficult, and the process itself probably a lengthy one....then there are the consequences that he'll pay as long as he's in prison. Your call. Good luck

patchouli, PTO Admin

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to patchouli For This Useful Post:
jessesgirl1111 (07-01-2019), yourself (07-01-2019)
Old 07-01-2019, 12:51 PM
attorney

Thanked 21,777 Times in 7,602 Posts

What was his parole violation?
Old 07-01-2019, 05:38 PM
Donation Award 

Quote:
Originally Posted by patchouli View Post
Not to sound cliche` but: Visitation is a privilege, not a right...and: Their House / Their Rules. Other than the ADA issue, there isn't anything you can do. The Warden of a facility has the final say.

Proving they're violating ADA will be extremely difficult, and the process itself probably a lengthy one....then there are the consequences that he'll pay as long as he's in prison. Your call. Good luck
I know.... but it sucks. Idk what to do or why they’re doing that.

“I’d like to think that women are Gods, because we resurrect men. We lift them up so high they almost start to believe they can live without us.”

Old 07-01-2019, 05:39 PM
Donation Award 

Quote:
Originally Posted by yourself View Post
What was his parole violation?
Aggravated fleeing. No victims... no nothing.

Old 07-02-2019, 02:53 PM
attorney

Thanked 21,777 Times in 7,602 Posts

Here,s the ILCS on aggravated fleeing

http://www.ilga.gov/legislation/ilcs...00050K11-204.1

If you were in the vehicle with him, you are considered a victim.
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to yourself For This Useful Post:
fbopnomore (07-02-2019), jessesgirl1111 (07-11-2019), keywii (07-02-2019), maytayah (07-03-2019), missingdee (07-03-2019), patchouli (07-02-2019), sidewalker (07-03-2019), Taliba00 (07-02-2019)
Old 07-04-2019, 08:25 AM
Donation Award 

Quote:

Nope I’m not. Thank you for this that’s news to me.

Old 07-11-2019, 01:48 PM
Donation Award 

Quote:

I told him about this too, he didn’t know that either. But it’s All taken care of thank god. They claimed I used the wrong birthdate on my form the first time I went (like I’m an idiot and don’t know my own bday). But there are two other people with my same name in LEADS & they were looking at the wrong one.

The Following User Says Thank You to jessesgirl1111 For This Useful Post:
fbopnomore (07-11-2019)