Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > BREAK TIME > Cooking & Recipes
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

View Poll Results: Do your mother in law have horrible cooking?
Yes, Everything she cook is Horrible. 7 11.29%
No, She's a great cook. 26 41.94%
Some of the things she cook 8 12.90%
Idk, I've never had her cooking 21 33.87%
Voters: 62. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-10-2013, 12:11 AM
B & A Forever and Always

His mother is God when it comes to cooking. In fact his whole family is like that, including him! He helped me become a better cook, before him I could only make grilled cheese! :P

01.15.2012-Forever
Sponsored Links
Old 06-10-2013, 12:06 PM

Thanked 2,971 Times in 1,905 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidewalker View Post
I would love love love to have my mil's cooking.
both of them. and sadly both of them are no longer around.
My first mil could make any thing taste good.
My current hubbys mom, was an awesome baker.
And she and her hub used to make some great dishes.
I miss BOTH my mils

I have been blessed with good *moms*
Lucky you lol. She can bake her butt. And she can make a good spaghetti i hate spaghetti but she is the only person that I will eat. I wish that she would teach me how to bake.

The Following User Says Thank You to Heluvedme1st For This Useful Post:
sidewalker (06-24-2013)
Old 06-10-2013, 12:10 PM

Thanked 2,971 Times in 1,905 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubzie View Post
His mother is God when it comes to cooking. In fact his whole family is like that, including him! He helped me become a better cook, before him I could only make grilled cheese! :P
Ive never had my Husbands cooking on the outs only at family visit and its pretty good even though it was Prison food. He's always cooking for his belly cellies and people always bringing things to him to cook

Old 06-10-2013, 12:18 PM

My mother in law is a great cook and I've learned so much from her
Old 09-02-2013, 08:53 PM
Peaceful
Donation Award 

Thanked 1,091 Times in 568 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heluvedme1st View Post
I figured you guys could use a laugh or two.
Omgggggg My Mother in Law has some of the worst cooking I have ever tasted lol not everything but most of it. She made a bean salad today and it was the worse 8 bites I've taking. And she was standing right there so I had to eat it with a smile. Lol I try not to bebrude so I eat the stuff she put on my plate.
Have you tried to use salt and/or pepper, perhaps butter to make it a little more palitable? My Mother In Law is a very good cook. Even tho she is younger than me, she knows her cooking. She is also a wonderful baker and I can't even bake cookies. LOL
May she rest in peace.

~ PTO Administrators and Staff

Old 09-18-2013, 08:41 PM

I would do anything to try my mother in laws cooking but unfortunately she is blind so I have to cook for her. Before she went blind (she had a stroke when he was 15) my husband said she could get down in the kitchen. He misses it and I missed out
Old 09-19-2013, 12:24 AM

My MIL can cook superbly. There is nothing that she can't cook. Her kitchen is always full of great food, plus there are always fresh cookies, cakes or treats around. I swear she cooks or bakes everyday. Which is great because I don't like to cook. My hubby is a better cook than me too. So are our kids, lol. Me, I just stand back, let em cook and then happily clean the kitchen.
Old 09-19-2013, 12:42 AM

My mother in law Its a great cook..she was born Mexico and must of us mexicans get down on the kitchen..I know how to cook myself I've learn since I was like 9 yrs old..so I can cook pretty much anything...
Old 09-19-2013, 07:16 AM

My mother in law is a good cook but only cooks on special occasions, so holidays are always yummy! My step-mother in law cooks good when she cooks, but my father in law cooks more and it always tastes great!
Old 02-08-2018, 01:54 PM

Default Finally!!!

Finally I have a place to vent. About 6 months ago, I moved with my better half to his mom's house. We are both still in college and she offered us his room free of rent until he graduates. We have enough money between the two of us to afford our own place (which I would rather), but his father's passing has left my better half to feel like it is his responsibilty to fufill whatever his mom wants from him. I appreciate everything she has done for us and she is the sweetest woman I have ever met. Opened her home and family to me with open arms.

The woman can't cook. I love her to pieces. Would do anything for her. Even eat her gross cooking (most) every single night. I have offered to help in the kitchen. I have offered to cook for her, seeing as I work from home, I have the time to do so. She refuses to allow me to do either. When I cook, I always buy the ingredients myself, and she always says how good it smells, but she won't touch it. Not a single bite.

I feel like her stance on her cooking is a form of control and passive aggression. She knows she can't cook. Everyone in the family has said so to me, but typically they tell her "it tastes alright". And yet, she cooks...then complains about cooking... and then makes us eat it. It is awful!!!!

The first couple of month of it was easy. I mean, I know how lucky I am to have both parents be great home cooks and then show me the importance of fresh ingredients and the simplistic flavors that go well together. I actually love to cook. But it has been a little over 6 months now, and the fake smile and "it tastes okay" is wearing thin at this point. I grew up in a family that said bluntly when something didn't taste good, so that changes could be made to improve the next time it is made.

She also uses highly processed foods. Frozen chicken patties baked with shredded cheese on top, canned tomato sauce over noodles, and its chicken parm... her roast is the worst. Oh god. It's so bad that if she tells my better half she is making it for dinner, he will secretly pick me and him something to eat on the way home and we take a quick ride to scarf it down so she doesn't know. She uses canned chicken, and that's where I draw the line. I make a plate and feed it to the dog, bite by bite, when nobody is looking.

Ahhhhhh. It feels really good to get all this out. I realize how ingrateful this sounds. I should appreciate the money and effort she puts into dinner. The truth is, we can afford to feed ourselves, and most of the time, we would rather do so, but she pressures us into eating her awful meals.

Lastly I would like to add, I clean the house. Everyday. I keep the bathroom clean, the common areas clean, the kitchen clean, and I do clothes. I am not used to living rent-free and cleaning is my way of contributing to the household. When I do get a chance to cook (usually when she is not home) I clean dishes as I use them, and the kitchen is nice and clean after the meal is finished. When she cooks, she destroys the kitchen, then leaves me with the mess to clean up. Dishes piled high on both sides of the sink, and sometimes they even spill over to the counter and we don't have a dishwasher here. She leaves trash all over the counter as well, and doesn't clean up spills. Very rarely has she ever even said thank you for cleaning things up, not that I expect it, but it would be nice to hear every once in a while.

Anyway! This post was really long, but omg it feels so good to get it out. I love my better half, and his mom, and his sister too. I just wish his mom would give up on cooking dinner. I would be happy to take over the responsibilty and even pay for the groceries.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Anon1234 For This Useful Post:
sidewalker (02-09-2018), xolady (02-08-2018)
Old 02-08-2018, 04:59 PM

Thanked 5,985 Times in 3,114 Posts

My Mother in law is a great cook but I haven't even seen her in a couple of years, we talk about stuff and her and her husband go out an awful lot. I love them and miss them a lot.
Old 02-08-2018, 05:37 PM

Thanked 2,973 Times in 1,799 Posts

My mother in law is Italian and is an amazing cook. Love her to pieces.
Old 02-09-2018, 02:45 AM
Coopers disciple

I'll never meet her but from what I've heard she was a decent cook.
The Following User Says Thank You to Kirin For This Useful Post:
xolady (02-09-2018)