Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > CALIFORNIA > California Prison-Specific Forums > Centinela State Prison (CEN) - California
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Centinela State Prison (CEN) - California Topic and discussion specific to Centinela State Prison in Imperial, California.

Old 04-12-2015, 03:18 PM

Yeah, my Baby has been in Pelican Bay. We were so glad when he got transfered to Centinela. Don't know bout the Visiting yet. I'm going to visit him in June. Heard they're ok there and not too strict about the clothes. He calls 1-2 times a week (15min) but only if one of his Cellies give him their phone times. I've heard others call only once a month. Guys with jobs or School come first in there. Same with Cantine. My man has a Celly and they share a 8 by 12" box.
Sponsored Links
Old 04-12-2015, 04:38 PM

I wonder if I'll have to submit a new visiting form? He hasn't mentioned it yet so I'm not sure. All the time at Avenal I never had to resubmit one. But hopefully not.
Old 04-23-2015, 03:43 AM

This is going to be so different than I'm used to. For the past 4 1/2 years he calls whenever he wants to. Tused to be like 6-7 times a day. Now its like 3-4 times a day depending on what time he's going to sleep. Got to get used to that. I'll most likely be using that letter quick website A LOT. Lol
Old 04-26-2015, 11:17 PM

Nope, called the prison and they told me it's not necessary to get a new visiting form. We're still in their system.
He calls you 3-4 times a day now?
Old 04-26-2015, 11:20 PM

Ps: Letterquick rocks LOL I'm using it all the time
Old 04-27-2015, 02:57 PM

My love calls me about 4 times a day now. He's still at avenal as of today. He's been endorsed for transfer to centinela since 4/10/2015 so who knows when he'll be transferred. I hope they hurry becuz the longer he stays the more susceptible he'll be to contracting valley fever. Ad that's what I'm so scared of.
Old 04-27-2015, 02:58 PM

I'm so waiting for my chance to use letter quick. I'll be sending multiple letters daily. Lol
Old 05-22-2015, 10:57 AM

hey ladies sorry to butt in but how does letter quick work? lol
Old 06-03-2015, 06:15 PM

Default letterquick :)

LetterQuick is the fast and simple way to stay in touch with a friend or family member in prison. After writing your letter through LetterQuick, you will be able to print it instantly inside the prison. Prison staff will pass your letter along to your recipient during business hours.
Using LetterQuick is just like sending an email, and it is a convenient alternative to sending mail through the US Postal Service
The Following User Says Thank You to senoraTortuga18 For This Useful Post:
derosasj (06-29-2015)
Old 06-20-2015, 02:04 AM

So my love called last night. He says they'll be transpacking his belongings tomorrow and he'll most likely be on the bus to centinela after spending the night in Delano. So by Thursday or Friday he'll be in reception. Then reclass should take about 2-3 weeks depending on how long they take. Then once reclass is over and he receives his housing assignment. Then we can schedule visits. Gosh I'm so anxious. But it'll be worth the wait. He is worth the wait. 100%. Love this man til eternity.
Old 06-27-2015, 07:07 AM

My love has finally arrived at Centinela. He'll be in reception waiting to be reclassified and await his housing assignment. I guess I'll need to call the public inflation officer and see if they could tell me what address to use to write him.
Old 06-29-2015, 03:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by maniacswifey619 View Post
My love has finally arrived at Centinela. He'll be in reception waiting to be reclassified and await his housing assignment. I guess I'll need to call the public inflation officer and see if they could tell me what address to use to write him.
Welcome to Centinela!
Old 07-12-2015, 08:31 PM

Welcome to centinela
Old 07-17-2015, 03:16 PM

I haven't been able to use letter quick be cuz it can't be done from a mobile device.
Old 08-16-2015, 10:20 PM

My husband will be getting transferred here from kern valley tomorrow or Tuesday if someone can please let me know a little of how things work here I will really appreciate it. Ty
Old 12-27-2015, 10:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by maritorres View Post
My husband will be getting transferred here from kern valley tomorrow or Tuesday if someone can please let me know a little of how things work here I will really appreciate it. Ty
Hello, my inmate is also being xfered from kvsp to cen. Can u tell me some differences from kvsp and cen. Im assuming youve visited at cen already. Thanks in adv
Old 12-28-2015, 08:38 AM

Default hello

Hello everyone. I have a good friend who will soon be transferring from the Pelican Bay SHU to CEN. This has been such a LONG haul, he's been in the SHU for many years due to gang validation. Needless to say he is thrilled to be finally getting out of solitary. He didn't have to debrief either- some recent victories in the court system regarding solitary have finally forced this move.

I was glad to read that I don't need a new visitor approval. My friend thought I did... can anyone else clarify on that?

I have so many questions-- how long does it take to get processed once they get to CEN?

He said he can make one call a month- how are people getting multiple calls per day? He said I could set up Tel Link? Anyone here use that service and if so how does it work? I went to their website but it really confused me.

Also he said he was going to Centinela IV -- does anyone know what that means in terms of yard?

ANY info is much appreciated!

Happy New Year everyone!
Old 12-28-2015, 08:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by senoraTortuga18 View Post
LetterQuick is the fast and simple way to stay in touch with a friend or family member in prison. After writing your letter through LetterQuick, you will be able to print it instantly inside the prison. Prison staff will pass your letter along to your recipient during business hours.
Using LetterQuick is just like sending an email, and it is a convenient alternative to sending mail through the US Postal Service
I was just reading about LetterQuick, WOW I will soooo be using this! Pelican Bay doesn't allow it, which doesn't surprise me that place is hell on earth. It currently takes 2-3 weeks (or longer) for my mail to get "processed"! I sent a picture post card on Dec 1 and it is now Dec 8 and he still doesn't have it!

So I can't wait to use LetterQuick at CEN What a huge difference it's going to make! I wish they could use LetterQuick to write back! Lol
Old 01-07-2016, 05:46 PM

Are dollar coins allowed? Dollar bills?
Old 01-08-2016, 04:46 AM
Donation Award 

Quote:
Originally Posted by BUTTERFLY81 View Post
Are dollar coins allowed? Dollar bills?
They used to be... but its been a few years! Many are going to the card system. But I was there last about three years ago, they took dollar bills or coins. And they had change machines in the visitors lobby.
Old 01-08-2016, 04:54 AM
Donation Award 

Quote:
Originally Posted by beachmouse View Post
Hello everyone. I have a good friend who will soon be transferring from the Pelican Bay SHU to CEN. This has been such a LONG haul, he's been in the SHU for many years due to gang validation. Needless to say he is thrilled to be finally getting out of solitary. He didn't have to debrief either- some recent victories in the court system regarding solitary have finally forced this move.

I was glad to read that I don't need a new visitor approval. My friend thought I did... can anyone else clarify on that?

I have so many questions-- how long does it take to get processed once they get to CEN?

He said he can make one call a month- how are people getting multiple calls per day? He said I could set up Tel Link? Anyone here use that service and if so how does it work? I went to their website but it really confused me.

Also he said he was going to Centinela IV -- does anyone know what that means in terms of yard?

ANY info is much appreciated!

Happy New Year everyone!
You should not need a new form, they transfer from facility to another. 10 to 14 days is what processing took for us, but who knows. I only visited on D yard, was level 3 but that was 3 years ago so who knows whats different.

And they were crazy strict on clothes!! I always had 2 changes with me-just depends on who you get. Everything goes thru metal detector and xray... and don't be late! Back then no facial jewelry (nose or other) and they had you write down all your others --- and recounted on the way out.

Assigned seating --- nice CO's inside visiting most the time.

Hope this helped!
Old 01-09-2016, 05:59 AM

My baby has left Centinela. He has been transferred to Wasco.
Old 08-07-2018, 02:19 AM

Default Sny yards are no more

They are integrating all the sny inmates with gp and there will be no more sny yards.

Has anyone heard how this is going?

My husband is being transferred from ironwood sny to centinela state prison gp yard.

I heard from my husband that there are riots when the sny inmates arrive at the new gp yard being converted.

All the inmates are terrified to get on the next list transferring out.
Old 08-07-2018, 02:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by maniacswifey619 View Post
my baby has left centinela. He has been transferred to wasco.
how was centinela? My husband is being transferred there. He is on the next bus out.
Old 08-07-2018, 08:28 AM
Still loving my hubby...

Thanked 1,657 Times in 1,198 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1nmat3_wife View Post
They are integrating all the sny inmates with gp and there will be no more sny yards.

Has anyone heard how this is going?

My husband is being transferred from ironwood sny to centinela state prison gp yard.

I heard from my husband that there are riots when the sny inmates arrive at the new gp yard being converted.

All the inmates are terrified to get on the next list transferring out.
There is a thread discussing the integration. I posted the link below.

http://www.prisontalk.com/forums/sho...38#post7737938