Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > NEW YORK > New York Prisons & Jails > SULLIVAN HUB - NY DOCS
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

SULLIVAN HUB - NY DOCS New York State Prisons & Institutions located inside the SULLIVAN HUB - Ulster, Eastern, Woodbourne, Sullivan, Shawangunk, Wallkill, Otisville, Mid-Orange.

Old 11-18-2006, 06:56 PM
Only the strong survive

Default Eastern Annex

Hey all need info on Eastern Annex I only see Eastern Max, anyway my honey is being transferred there perhaps right after thanksgiving any info can be helpful thanks.
Old 11-18-2006, 08:07 PM
Love it or Shove it......

I don't have any info, however Eastern has a program that my husband needs and I was told by the counselor that Eastern is super huge and has if you will, sub facilities. So I'm hoping that at one point (hopefully soon) that he'll be on his way to Eastern. Again, I don't know anything about the facility so I'll also be interested on any info.

Old 11-19-2006, 11:49 AM
Only the strong survive

Whatever info I get I will definetely let you know, however I was told by John that you can bring cooked foods there and Dicey informed me that you can grill during the summer months. So that's a good thing hey it beats them darn vending machines. And for you who is married I was told that they have trailers. To bad for me but its okay. I will keep you informed on what I find out.
Old 11-19-2006, 12:16 PM
holdin' him down forever

My husband was trying to get there because they have a program he wants to take. I hear its a very good facility. And yes they have trailers. And i hear the co's are pretty nice. But that's all i know. Hope it helps.
Old 11-20-2006, 07:28 AM
Dancin' with my Prince...

My man was there for almost a year (Aug.'05-June'06), he completed the program and I visited him every week there. I can tell you anything you need to know.

"There is always some madness in love. But there is also always some reason in madness." - Friedrich Nietzsche

Old 11-20-2006, 07:10 PM
Only the strong survive

Please do Princess any info will be vey helpful to a soon to be a newbi at Eastern
Old 11-21-2006, 09:36 AM

Well, first of all, it's small (only about 70-80 guys). It's an ASAT program and it got on my man's nerves a lot. They teach the guys feminist crap (domestic violence) like they can't say "wife", they have to say "partner" - crap like that. Overall though, it's really not that bad.
The processing building is a separate building. There's a CO in processing, Officer Krom, that is nice as hell! He's real tall with a military haircut. They're not too strict, but if Krom's not there, you may have to take off your bra (in the bathroom) if it's underwire and go through again. Doors open at 8:30 usually. Be nice to them and they'll be nice to you. Since it's small, if they like your man, they'll hook you up.
After processing, you go outside and through 2 gates to get to the visit building. Their dorms are separate from that too. There's no assigned seating. Click-clicks are $1.75, the vending machines suck and there's no locks on the bathroom door. My man used to stand outside and keep watch. Visits end at 3:30, but their clock on the visit floor is 15 minutes fast!!!!!
From May to October you can visit outside and bring food from home to eat on the visit floor. You just can't bring in open beverage containers (coffee), glass, loose ice, tin, knives, silverware or anything that can be considered shank material. I used to bring him eggs, bacon, bagels, pizza, sushi, chinese food, steak, burgers (because they have grills!!!!!), salads, cake, cookies, whatever he wanted! (Hint: Bring pizza and put it on the grill! It warms up much better than in the microwave!) They have tables outside and umbrellas. Bring sunscreen! BUT, if it rains, they will NOT open the outside and you CANNOT bring food in! That caused many tears in my time there...You have to bring your own plastic silverware, plates, cups etc.
Also, the chaplain, Bro. Al, is GREAT!!!!!!
They very rarely ever terminate visits and most of the COs are great. If you need anything else that I may have not mentioned here, just PM me and let me know.

"There is always some madness in love. But there is also always some reason in madness." - Friedrich Nietzsche

Last edited by PrincessTNY; 11-21-2006 at 09:41 AM..
Old 11-21-2006, 09:43 AM

It's also right next door to the main Eastern (max. facility). that's where they go for medical and stuff like that. Ulster is right behind the Annex.

Old 11-21-2006, 04:16 PM
Only the strong survive

Great thx you've answered basically all of my questions. But if I think of anything else I will definetely ask you. Yes my honey has to take the domestic violence program, he never fell under that category but the fact that he would be transfered was the reason he accepted to take it. He just wanted out from where is was. Again I will certainly get in touch with u if I need any more info. Thx Princess
Old 11-22-2006, 07:07 AM

Anytime mama

Old 11-22-2006, 08:18 AM
Stephanie

l

Last edited by Bornsbeauty; 11-22-2006 at 08:19 AM..
Old 11-24-2006, 07:03 PM

PrincessTNY is right CO Krom is the nicest CO there, he treats you with respect and he does not make you take your bra off like some of the other CO's. Krom is also good to the inmates and treats them with respect. All the woman that go to visit their men at the Eastern Annex are thankful when he is there. He will let you in early to in the processing room in the winter if it is really cold out. It is nice in the summer also when you can bring food in to cook on the grill or just bring it in to eat in the visiting room.
Old 11-25-2006, 05:58 PM
ant ~ dee 4 life

whatever everyone says about the c.o. krom is true. he is a very nice guy all the way around. so if anyone has to visit there loved one at the eastern annex your day will start off right if krom is working. the visits arent to bad. i visited my man there for over a year. every weekend sometimes both days. be nice to the c.o.s and you shouldnt have any problems!! my baby will be home decmeber 15th!!!