Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > OHIO > Ohio General Prison Talk, Introductions & Chit Chat
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Ohio General Prison Talk, Introductions & Chit Chat Topics & Discussions relating to Prison & the Criminal Justice System in Ohio that do not fit into any other Ohio sub-forum category. Please feel free to also introduce yourself to other members in the state and talk about whatever topics come to mind that may not have anything to do with prison.

Old 11-19-2004, 11:17 PM

Smile Finally getting around to this intro thing

Hi Everyone!

I'm Jenny. I live in California
but grew up in the Toledo area .

One of the closest friends I've ever had is in an Ohio prison for a ridiculous amount of time (his total sentence is 49 1/2 years) for a couple relatively minor drug charges that were his first offense.

After he was in prison doing 4 1/2 years some habitual drug offenders unknown to my friend decided that they would make up a bunch of nonsense about him and get him charged with additional crimes. He refused to make a plea bargain over stuff he hadn't done and ended up with an additional 45 years for what was really still his first offense.

This summer I'll be in Ohio to visit him and work on some of the research for his appeal and I hope I'll get to have lunch or something with lots of you while I'm there.

I'm a kidless career woman with a lot of life experience but right now I'm off school and work due to major surgery planned in December. I beat a rare disease that was previously terminal. I am the first person on record as beating it and that experience has taught me to believe that ANYTHING is possible.

Jenny

Last edited by JennyMCa; 11-19-2004 at 11:18 PM.. Reason: Mistake not caught by spell check!
Sponsored Links
Old 11-20-2004, 04:32 PM
Prayerful Ohio Member
Donation Award 

Default Welcome to PTO!!

Hi All, different States coming together for our loved ones who are locked up in OHIO. We are one big family. Welcome to PTO. Thank you for introducing yourselves

P.S. Jenny, yes indeed, miracles DO happen. God Bless you with your remission and best wishes on your upcoming surgery.

"...for this too shall pass..."
Old 11-26-2004, 08:24 AM
my scotchy!

Hello! My name is Beth. I live in southeatern Ohio. I worked at SCI Lancaster and Comp Drug fulrlough house in Columbus. I personally was incarcerated at Marysville and Franklin Pre-Release in Columbus. I decided after my release to work to change the system because innocent people do and are serving time. I became a private investigator and I work for a law firm in Columbus.
I have friends I met while incarcerated, that I write to as well as a few of the men who were on my case load at Comp Drug, who caught new cases. I have one pen pal on deathrow. I hope to work to help end the death penalty for as long as it takes.

Tekela

Last edited by tekela; 11-26-2004 at 08:31 AM..
Old 11-27-2004, 09:00 PM
Siempre Boricua

Default I am a new member

Quote:
Originally Posted by betrayed_4_life
Let's get to know one another! Please take a moment to introduce yourself and tell us a little about you and/or your loved one. You can give as little or as much information about yourself as you would like - but let's get things rolling and make our Ohio Forum a true "family".
Quote:

Hope I am doing this right and shows on the msg board. I am a new member and a Puerto Rican from Cleveland, older than dirt. My love one is my incarcerated since 1994 son now at RICI. My prayers are with him as well as with all the others. Praying this will come to an end with a favorable decision during the Dotson/Wilkinson argument scheduled for 12/6/04. A favorable decision will finally bring my son home hopefully this time to stay. God bless everyone reading this and wishing all a Merry Xmas 2004. Buena Suerte.
Old 11-27-2004, 09:08 PM
Till It's Over

Unhappy

hi my name is cassandra i am from southeastren ohio zanesville my boyfriend is in prison in Lebanon ohio for agg murder he just got sentenced the 17th of september of this year he is going to appeal his case because when the judged charged him he charged him consecutive to all charges and derrick is just a first time felon so horfully he will get less time I am 21 and he is 23 we dont have no kids together but when he gets out we are going to start our family

I love you derrick and always will
Old 11-27-2004, 10:26 PM

hey everyone. my name is michele and i am 21. my sweety had to leave last tuesday to start a 2 year sentence. i was left with three kids. our son is 3 and our girls are 5 months. i guess i am lucky compared to some of the other sentences i have seen, but i still never thought it would happen to me. i love him and miss him very much but i just dont know what to think of the whole deal. i want to feel sad for him but i just cant sometimes. i mean he knew what he was risking by doing what he did and he did it anyhow leaving me all alone with the kids. i guess i am just haveing trouble sorting out my emotions. and i cant talk to this about with family or friends cause i will either be told i am wrong or that i am right and should leave him, or something like that. so i want to talk to someone who is going through the same thing as me. i dont know how to do anything in this place yet, like private messaging anyone and stuff like that.
i thank you for any advice or support. and i will give some too for anyone who is as lost as me with the situation.
your new friend,
lost and totally confused.
Old 11-27-2004, 11:07 PM

Hi Everyone,
My name is Kim. I'm a mother to a little 3 year old girl. My husband is in Lorain right now. He is looking at 6 mos. I know that it don't sound that long compaered to some of you. But, it's a very long time for him and me. The judge said he would concider a judicial release in 60 to 90 days.Even if he sits 6 mos in prison or 60 days, he his to go to a CBCF after words. And that is a 6 month program. We have been together for 7 years and been married for 4 years.
Thank you all for being here!!!!
Old 12-02-2004, 11:41 AM
Coast2Coast PTO Member

OMGOSH so many NEW ohio members!!!! Welcome EVERYONE!!!!!!!
Old 12-03-2004, 04:15 PM
Account Closed

Hello Everyone. I have been on PTO for a while but posting in the Texas forum. I am a Texas girl that lives in Kettering. My husband is in Eastham Unit in Southeast Texas. I just got back from visiting my sister in Texas and from marrying my soulmate (on November 15) and visiting him. Now, I am working on transferring down to Texas so I can be closer and see him every weekend. JuBaby told me about the G2G and I will be attending on the 19th so I hope to meet lots of you!

Val
Old 12-04-2004, 09:02 AM
happy grandma

Default Hello Buckeyes

My name is Christy and I was on the boards about a year ago,,,I'm an activist, minister, and cousin to an inmate. I look forward to meeting new frinends in the fight.
God bless
Old 12-05-2004, 07:19 PM
someones_princess

Hello I am autumn i am 21 and from ohio i am on here i guess to find a penpal in prison to write to i was in prison myself and had noone write to me and my family basicly dis owned me due to the fact i was in there!!!! So if you all know of ANYONE with any charge i am not scared lol who needs some extra support please feel free to drop me a line they can be male female strait or gay i am a loving person to all. And too al of you in there or that have loved ones in there hang in there and dont give p that is when it hurts!!!!

LOVE YOU ALL,
Sassy
Old 12-06-2004, 04:30 AM

Hi all... I'm from Cleveland, and I have a son at MANCI.. He's been there about 3 yrs now.. I just really really miss my boy.. He's been locked up since he was 17..
Old 12-07-2004, 07:24 PM
Texas Tornado
Donation Award 

Thanked 1,154 Times in 598 Posts

Welcome new Ohio members! Glad to have you.
Old 12-09-2004, 04:52 PM
Missing my baby boy

Default Hello

My name is Dawn and my son Lance was sent to Madison last night from CRC. I am new to all of this and don't mean to sound stupid but I have never had any dealings with the law before so this is all so scary for me.

I can tell you one thing though I am getting really fed up with the way the people in these institutions treat parents and loved ones on the phone.

Lance was given an out date of July 3, 2005 but we were told by the Judge we could file for judicial release 30 days after he hit Madison. Right now I don't have any cash left to pay an attorney for this and I am having difficulty in trying to find out how we can file and what we need to file on our own.

I want my baby home so bad.
Old 12-09-2004, 05:06 PM
Princess is home!

Talking

Hello And welcome to PTO I am sorry about your sitution and they way they are treating you and your son...hopefully you will eventually be able to get things straightened out!
Old 12-09-2004, 05:55 PM
Coast2Coast PTO Member

So many new Ohio Members!!! Welcome to PTO everyone!!!!
Old 12-10-2004, 03:07 AM
God is Good ALL the Time

Default I'm from Michigan too, but my guy is at OSP

Hi There ... my name is Pam and I'm brand new to this forum, but I want to start out by letting you know how thrilled I am to find a group like this!!!!!! Not only am I new to this forum, but to the world of being involved with a Prisoner. This past year has been really tough for me. I lost my mother, my job of 25 years and my dog of 12 1/2 years. I found myself in a really low spot and found myself wanting to help put a little sunshine and joy into the day of someone who was worse off than I was. I found Write-A-Prisoner.com and found a couple guys I thought I'd like to write. I'm not quite sure how it happened, but I was doing a search online the day after I had written these guys and found my guy's profile on PrisonPenPals.com. We like to call it devine intervention. As soon as I saw him and read his profile, I was stopped in my tracks. I wished I had found him first and that I had never even begun to write the other guys. It was like I found my soulmate; he spoke directly to my heart!! Probably no one in the world would understand my feeling other than those of you ladies here. Although we've lived such totally different lives, we speak the same language. We are older; my guy will be 52 and I will be 48 in January. We are both Capricorns. My guy has been incarcerated since he was 24 years of age but is one of the most amazing men I have ever met in my life. We write 17, and 18 page letters back and forth several times a week. My guy was 8 months from being released and became a victim of the Lucasville Prison Riot. The Good Lord willing, we have less than 5 years to go !!!! I have just started really dealing with the prison system head on and am feeling pretty downhearted and defeated at times. I sure could use a support system to learn the ropes and get some inside information from those that have "been there, done that". My guy is at OSP. I'd love to communicate with anyone else whose loved one is there. Also, I have no clue how to start my own "thread" ... just how to reply. Help me learn the ropes ladies? God Bless You all and All of Your loved ones and Happy Holidays to All !!!!
Quote:
Let's get to know one another! Please take a moment to introduce yourself and tell us a little about you and/or your loved one. You can give as little or as much information about yourself as you would like - but let's get things rolling and make our Ohio Forum a true "family".

Old 12-10-2004, 09:46 AM
Coast2Coast PTO Member

Hey Peaches, WELCOME to PTO!!!!!! I'm glad you found us!!!! This site is wonderful and there is so many wonderful and supportive people here!!!!!!

To start your own thread, you go to the forum of your choice, for example this one "Ohio" and at the top of all the threads there is a button that says "New Thread" Just click on it and start typing!!!!!

Again welcome to our Ohio family, and Have a blessed Holiday!!!!!
Old 12-10-2004, 09:47 AM
happy grandma

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lance'sMom
My name is Dawn and my son Lance was sent to Madison last night from CRC. I am new to all of this and don't mean to sound stupid but I have never had any dealings with the law before so this is all so scary for me.

I can tell you one thing though I am getting really fed up with the way the people in these institutions treat parents and loved ones on the phone.

Lance was given an out date of July 3, 2005 but we were told by the Judge we could file for judicial release 30 days after he hit Madison. Right now I don't have any cash left to pay an attorney for this and I am having difficulty in trying to find out how we can file and what we need to file on our own.

I want my baby home so bad.
Hello there, I can relate to how you are feeling...there are some some groups around that might have some ansewers for you....like CURE OHIO and Surviving The System....just put them in your search engine....I'm here if you need to vent or just talk ...I also have a loved one at Madison,,,,,my prayers and thoughts are with you
Christy
Old 12-16-2004, 08:53 PM

Default Intro--begz2b4givn

Hello Im a single 40 year old male felon living in Ohio. Im so glad I found this site becuase Im tired of feeling like I dont matter, that Im sub human because Im a felon. I feel worthwhile and 'home' here. I hope I can contribute something worthwhile and be an encouragement and make some friends. Thank you for allowing me to be here. God bless you and those you love.
Old 12-17-2004, 06:03 AM

Hello, my name is John from Chicago and I've been dating a man in RCI for a couple of years now. We are in love. He is scheduled to come home any day from now thru August, depending on parole ruling. John and Terry forever!!!! Me and this brotha really vibe.
Old 12-17-2004, 07:04 AM
Prayerful Ohio Member
Donation Award 

Welcome, Welcome, Welcome...To PTO and we're happy you found the Ohio Furum You'll find so much info available...Whatever you don't find simply ask Sabrena

"...for this too shall pass..."
Old 12-18-2004, 08:53 AM

Welcome to PTO (craven4u). It is good to have you here. My sweetie is at RCI also. If you ever need anything you can pm me.
Old 12-18-2004, 08:29 PM
marko46

Post Try this again

I'm new to this and wanted to make some connections since I'm the father of a 23 year old son about to enter the system. Aggravated vehicular homicide charge. I said try this again because I was almost finished with my first reply, and I was dropped off line for some reason. anyway, anybody wants to talk, get ahold of me. You're all in my prayers. later, Mark
Old 12-18-2004, 08:31 PM
Miss Independent

Welcome to the Ohio forum, Mark! Jump right in. Ask questions! Everyone here is so helpful.

'til he's free
2011 Club Member #4