Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > SOUTH CAROLINA > South Carolina Prison and Jail Specific Discussions
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

South Carolina Prison and Jail Specific Discussions This forum covers topics & discussions specific to Jails and Prisons located throughout the State of South Carolina.

Old 04-09-2015, 03:48 PM

Hi, I hope someone can help. My 17 year old nephew was sentenced to 90 days shock incarceration. Has anyone dealt with this? He was at county jail for 9 days and was transferred to Kirkland R and E yesterday. No one in the family has had any contact with him since he was taken from the courtroom. The jail kept changing visitation days and he was then moved. We are worried sick. How long will he be at R and E before going to shock incarceration? Did his 90 days start when he was sentenced? Any way to contact him at R and E so he'll know his family hasn't abandoned him? Any info is appreciated
Sponsored Links
Old 04-10-2015, 03:50 PM

Write him! Go to the SCDC website and it will have the address. He will get 2 stamped envelops when he arrives for the month. I can't answer the other questions, I know shock is different than a regular Y or straight sentence. Hopefully the 90 days will fly by.
The Following User Says Thank You to beachmomma For This Useful Post:
choclgs (04-10-2015)
Old 04-18-2015, 01:17 PM

Does anyone know if Kirkland R&E is currently on lockdown? I haven't heard from my son in a while.
Old 04-18-2015, 06:18 PM
Carolina traveler

Thanked 2,819 Times in 2,087 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueocean5 View Post
Does anyone know if Kirkland R&E is currently on lockdown? I haven't heard from my son in a while.

Does he call or write? The mail can be slower there and he may not be able to get to the phone all the time.
Old 04-18-2015, 06:23 PM

He wrote last week but that was the last I heard from him
Old 04-18-2015, 06:33 PM
Carolina traveler

Quote:
He wrote last week but that was the last I heard from him

That's not unusually especially since he may not have the supplies to write more often than that. He may not be able to communicate more often until he transfers to another facility. Rarely is R&E lockdown for long periods of time but it does happen for a day or two for various reasons.
Old 04-18-2015, 06:39 PM

I was just concerned because he always had a 15 minute call on Tuesday and Thursday and then all of a sudden nothing.
Old 04-19-2015, 08:08 PM
Carolina traveler

Quote:
I was just concerned because he always had a 15 minute call on Tuesday and Thursday and then all of a sudden nothing.
That's understood. I saw in another post that your son's headed to Turbeville. There's a lot of Ys there so he'll probably be in a dorm with men his age. The bad part of that is disciplining himself to stay away from conflicts and do his time.
Old 10-02-2015, 04:14 PM

I know sometimes lockdowns occur because of bad storms, I figured i may need to just call, but wanted to see if anyone knew if the were on lockdown this week and this weekend.
Old 01-04-2017, 05:28 PM

Default kirkland

come some one pleae tell ne what adult straight sentencemeans ?
Old 01-06-2017, 09:53 PM
Carolina traveler

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaylaleann17 View Post
come some one pleae tell ne what adult straight sentencemeans ?

He has to do a set amount of time before release. In SC as of July 2010, if sentenced as a nonviolent offender, they must complete at least 65% of their sentence. If they're sentenced as a violent offender, they must complete 85% of their sentence.