Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > NEW YORK > New York Legal Information
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

New York Legal Information Topics, Discussions and Information relating to Legal Information specific to the State of New York. This information is *NOT PROFESSIONAL* and should always be fact-checked!

Old 03-04-2017, 06:13 PM
<-GE M-1000

Default School Bus and School Bus Qualified CDL-B/P Driver?

Folks, it's been a long time since I posted here but I have some concerns about a job prospect I'm looking into. I already hold a Class-A Commercial Driver's License (CDL-A) but I want to follow a passion I've had for nearly 30 years now. That's driving either City Transit (NFTA-Buffalo) or Intercity Motorcoach (Trailways). But the glitch is this. In New York, as well as across the US, bus drivers, especially those who transport children, need to be qualified under Article 19A of the New York State Vehicle and Traffic Law. as well as 19A under Federal Regulation. My problem is that E-Felony I got hung up with 20 years ago may pose a problem if I had not contacted a criminal defense attorney and the New York State DMV 19A Bus Driver Certification Unit in Albany. And according to both after I told them the charge I was convicted (Pled out) of, they said that it did not even show up in the text of the section of the law that lists what offenses disqualify a person from operating a bus, or specifically a school bus. So, where does that leave me? I have an interview with First Student this coming Tuesday and I already know I'm going to get popped on the fingerprinting and I'll have to state my case as to why I should be allowed to get my 19A qualification.