Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > BREAK TIME > The Spiritual Connection
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 03-19-2017, 06:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunlight1 View Post
You view things through the bible point of view.I don't. I do not belief in the word SIN. We learn and we make mistakes. The word SIN has a negative charge energy.It hits people in the head.It's not the point to do that.That wouldn't be very divine. Besides.I don't think that it's the right forum to have conversations like that.It's a forum for people with loved once in prison, where everybody is having a hard time with it all. Looking for ways to get prisons, places to stay and to talk with others being frustrated.

Besides, We can not behave in a way that we haven't been teach. Besides, inmates are just trying to survive each other and some officers in prison.

Have a great day in your mind.
Christianity developed the notion of original sin. 

Extreme are the psalmistís guilt feelings that he sees himself as sinful even before birth. Evil is a product of human behavior, not a principal inherent in the cosmos. It is the power of moral choice alone, that is Yahweh-like and having that good and bad knowledge is no guarantee that one will choose or incline towards the good. The very action that brought Adam and Eve a god-like awareness of their mortal autonomy, was an action that was taken in opposition to Yahweh. Yahweh knows that that human beings will become like Yahweh, knowing good and bad; itís one of the things about Yahweh, he knows good and bad, and has chosen the good. Human beings, and only human beings are the potential source of evil, responsibility for evil will lie in the hands of human beings.
2 Timothy 2:15, approved where? At the Judgement Seat of the Savior. A workman worthy of Godís praise rightly dividing the word of truth.
Sponsored Links
Old 03-19-2017, 06:18 AM

Your calling has not changed, it cannot change, so conduct yourselves in accordance with your calling. We are called to peace, this is how believers are to relate to other believers, but walk worthy of the vocation that belongs to you, because God has freely given it to you. How can those who have been justified freely, sanctified in the Savior, how should those people be conducting themselves? 

Agape is action love. There is a difference between upon and addition to, because when you put on love, you have simply taken all the seven states of mind listed in Colossians 3:12-13, and you have put movement to the attitude. Agape is the functional life of underlying attitude. Paul is saying I have given you the attitude, now letís put feet to the attitude, grace attitude in action. 

God never intended subjective feelings to be a replacement for objective truth, that is why heís given us his Word. Only when inner peace lines up with the written Word of God Rightly Divided are we headed in the proper direction. Philippians 4:6-7, so when it comes to the peace department, God does NOT lead independently of the Word. So, we not only have peace with God, we can enjoy the peace of God, who shall keep our hearts and minds through the Savior in every circumstance that we face.
2 Timothy 2:15, approved where? At the Judgement Seat of the Savior. A workman worthy of Godís praise rightly dividing the word of truth.
Old 03-19-2017, 06:53 AM

Why don't you accept that not all people on PTO do believe in your religion? You are on the World Wide Web
Old 03-19-2017, 07:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raf's Girl View Post
Why don't you accept that not all people on PTO do believe in your religion? You are on the World Wide Web
When Paul was in prison, do you think Paul was happy? When peace of mind is based solely on circumstances, depression is the ultimate end for all. A mind-set of glorious joy can only begin with a proper understanding of Godís glorious grace. Understanding peace with God, fully understanding, comprehending, appropriating and appreciating peace with God is that which allows the peace of God to rule our minds. Therefore, we need to govern our emotions. Grace is the fountain head of joy.
Old 03-19-2017, 07:22 AM

I will leave you alone. Happy monolog
Old 03-19-2017, 07:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raf's Girl View Post
I will leave you alone. Happy monolog
Religiondom of our day is best described as the Corinthians epistle equally the Galatians epistle. The same mind-set that led to the judgment Isaiah warned Israel about continues to operate within society today. It never went away. What took place during Isaiahís day was true of Paulís day, the Corinthian assemblies were a prime example. And it didnít end there. It continues on in our day, the same inner mind-set, that same sin nature at work in the human race throughout history. The more things change, the more they stay the same.
Old 03-22-2017, 04:48 AM

Ministers of righteousness link practical righteousness with their salvation to some degree. Because according to them to walk after the flesh is to assign righteous credit to their fleshly conduct. They suppose that their behavior is the source of their right standing with God. They suppose that becoming more righteous in practice will make them more righteous in Godís sight. But from Adam onward people have been doing what seems right to a person in regard to having a relationship with God. Only one member of the entire human race has ever lived up to any system of rule-keeping for righteousness (Jesus). Yet, how many are attempting today to do what the human race before us was totally unable to do? How many people think they are measuring up to Godís standard today? 

Listen to the ministers of righteousness, the ones who donít think salvation comes quite so easily. They think that salvation is contingent upon works in their peoples life. They would equate sinfulness with salvation and thus link grace to license. They want a formula to give their people some guidelines and they can do A,B,C and their people will be doing the Christian life successfully. As a result, their peoples attitude is ďIím not going to do that, because that is bad,Ē or ďIím not going to do that, because I cannot do that and remain a Christian,Ē or ďIím going to do this, because God demands I do it,Ē or ďIím going to follow the rules, because God will accept me if I follow the rules faithfully.Ē NOW contrast a walking after the flesh attitude with the attitude of one who is walking after their identity in the Savior: ďIím not going to do that, because that is not who I am in the Savior, and that is not good for me and itís not good for the other person. These good deeds will not save me, they will not even help to keep me saved, but why spend my time wallowing in the mire that caused my Savior to have to die in the first place? I do not owe anything to this old flesh.Ē
Old 03-26-2017, 11:33 AM

Those who were familiar with law would have immediately understood what Paul was getting at here in Romans chapter 7 as he brought the issue of marriage into the picture. His point was simply this: just as a death must occur according to Roman law in order for a woman to be married to a different husband, a death also had to occur in order for sinners today to be married, or we might say, legally joined to the Savior, the death had to come first. You see, the Law of Moses had a relationship claim on every member of the human race. God absolutely refuses to share those who are joined to his son and the law, with the law husband. If youíve been maintaining your relationship with the law in connection with your righteousness before God, in your mind, heíd have you come out of that realm of thinking. You are either under the jurisdiction of the law which requires performance for righteousness or you are under the jurisdiction of the Savior and your identity in him is your righteousness, but you canít have it both ways. Grace and Law are polar opposites and God will share no one joined to his son with the law. If the law has a rightful claim on you, God cannot have a rightful claim on you. If the Savior has a rightful claim on you, the law has no rightful claim on you whatsoever. To be joined to the Savior and joined to the law at the same time would not only be bigamy, it would be adultery according to Paul.
Old 03-27-2017, 05:22 AM

Satanís ministers of righteousness teach that Paul had ceased writing after going through this list of deplorable practices in 1 Corinthians 6:9-10. They safely assume that continuing to do these things would result in a reversal of the offenders salvation or perhaps even a lost with a connect with God that must somehow be restored. Their people spend most of their life giving up. They are tired, burned out, disillusioned, depressed, addicted to something. People around them feel frustrated by the huge disparity between their capabilities and their performance. They either pep talk them concerning their value, or shame them for not performing. No one can have a close relationship with them; they push people away physically and emotionally, and push God away. They are the ones in families, churches, and society that people take care of-for a while, until they are given up on because of their lack of response. 

Far too many of ministers of righteousness people are feeling dirty, worthless and ashamed of themselves. As a result, they feel unclean and therefore unworthy to approach God and have the living and intimate relationship that he wants to have with them. They use shame to prevent their people from intimacy with God, because it makes them feel unworthy and distant from him. Godís standard is nothing less than perfection and none of them measure up, if they did or they ever could measure up sufficiently righteous for heaven through our performance. Paul places the emphasis when it comes to grace behavior on helping us to perceive ourselves in the new identity that is our right now, being IN the Savior. Paul wants us to see ourselves as God already sees us. We need to be focusing on our new identity because it is Godís grace, not our striving that makes us accepted and acceptable. It is Godís performance through Jesus, not our trying hard to perform, that eradicates our shame.
Old 03-29-2017, 07:23 AM

Will you accept that Godís son paid for your sins and that Jesusí payment has completely satisfied Godís justice where all of those sins are concerned or will you continue to hold on to the notion that you have insufficient sins to warrant Jesusí death in the first place. Or equally as dangerous, the religious notion that Jesusí shed blood was insufficient to have fully satisfied God where your sins are concerned, thus the continual need for something further required of you to keep Godís justice up to date. The only reason God could say through Paul, ďGrace and Peace be unto youĒ is because his son fully paid the price. Faith doesnít come in gallons and tons. Faith isnít something ďdo I have enough faith, have I believed firmly enough?Ē Faith is simply taking your stand where God takes his stand. Do you awake every morning of your life with the security you have in the Savior, having your identity in him having believed Paulís good news? 

You see, the Law of Moses had a relationship claim on every member of the human race. If the law has a rightful claim on you, God cannot have a rightful claim on you. If the Savior has a rightful claim on you, the law has no rightful claim on you whatsoever. The human race is dead to law keeping for righteousness. They are dead to a law keeping for righteousness relationship and that relationship is gone forever. Jesus took it out of the way. When Israelís New Covenant comes into play, they will be caused to know Jesus, they will all know him to the least to the greatest. Paul was striving to know the Savior and know him intimately, not as Israelís messiah, but to know him in the power of his resurrection and in the fellowship of his suffering. Paul wanted Jesusí life to be manifest in his own life.
Old 03-30-2017, 10:37 AM

Believers are not to keep themselves on Godís good side, because Godís already cleansed them judicially by freely crediting them with the righteousness that belongs to his perfectly righteous son. Therefore, nothing can remove believers from Godís good side; what or who shall separate believers from the love of God? The believers calling hasnít changed. It can not change, so believers should conduct themselves in accordance with their calling. Walk worthy in order to gain your calling. Walk worthy in order to keep your calling. Thatís not the idea at all. But walk worthy of the vocation that belongs to the believer, because God has already given it to them. Thatís the ideal. How can those who have been justified freely, sanctified or set apart in the last Adam, how should those believers conduct themselves? 

Their are a lot of people who believe that salvation can be lost. They believe their salvation depends upon whether or not they are right with God. This causes the people who believe it to have to play all sorts of little word games in their minds. Sin is not called sin except before salvation, but after salvation, their sins becomes something different. It becomes faults, mistakes, accidents, misunderstandings, a back-slide. One can never be quite sure where, or when, the line is crossed from one to the other. You can see how self-justification has a heavy role to play in the to be made sinless definition of sanctification. Unfortunately, the things that are allowed of self are seldom tolerated in others. 

Should the believer not be grateful to know that their salvation depends not upon the amount of sin they lay on the altar of sacrifice, but upon the fact that Jesus took all of their sins and he became their sacrifice? Thatís different. There is a tremendous difference in the two. The believer needs to understand that the moral choice of good and bad does not disappear, God does not take it away whether it be at the point of their belief, or, at a point subsequent to their belief. The moral choice of good and bad remains right where it has always been to battle against the new identity and that battle take place between the ears. Satanís ministers of righteousness use the word reform, they are all about reformed doing and commitments, but they have gotten it wrong according to the apostle Paul. Itís all about transformed thinking. Reformation would be a work of the believer for God, but transformation is entirely a work of God in the believer.
Old 04-01-2017, 04:47 AM

Believers donít owe anything to this flesh. It will never please God. Thatís why itís going on down to the dust and God is going to give the believer a new body. The believers production didnít gain them their new identity in the last Adam in the first place. It certainly canít gain them heaven. Jesus accomplished that for the believer. If the works of the believer didnít contribute to getting them saved, how can the works of the flesh play a part in keeping them saved. Since the believer does not derive their new identity from the output of their flesh, they donít owe the flesh a thing. If a believer is trying to satisfy Godís justice on a daily basis or however by conforming to a standard of rules and regulations, they are going to find that just the opposite becomes true in their flesh. They are going to find themselves constantly focusing on the flesh. 

Listen to the attitude of law orientation; an attitude that comes from a person who is walking after the flesh: ďIím not going to do that because that is bad,Ē or ďIím, not going to do that because I cannot do that and remain a Christian,Ē or ďIím going to follow the rules because God will accept me if I follow the rules faithfully.Ē Thatís walking after the flesh according to the Word of God. Now contrast a walking after the flesh attitude with the attitude of one who is walking after the new identity: ďIím not going to do that because thatís not who I am in the last Adam. And thatís not good for me and itís not good for the other person. Why spend my time wallowing in the mire that caused my Savior to have to die in the first place? Paul was functionally not capable of producing any fruit that God could accept. He died functionally when he tried to apply law-keeping to perfect his flesh. It wouldnít work. 

Living after the flesh, from a functional point of view is taking the credit yourself. Walking after the new identity is recognizing the source of the fruit. God through his power from on high is the source of the only good that comes from you that God can accept. To walk in the new identity is to take the credit away from yourself. The believer realizes that God is not looking at how well they adhere to any standard. He isnít looking at their production. He isnít looking at their behavior in order to view them as being in favor with him. Heís looking at their identification with his son and at what his power is producing in them. Does the believers no-condemnation status with God depend on any degree whatsoever upon their performance? Absolutely not. There is absolutely no condemnation whatsoever to those who recognize that itís not their own righteous conduct but what Jesus accomplished that sets them apart as Holy and acceptable unto God.
Old 04-01-2017, 07:08 PM

Justification and sanctification go hand in hand. Justification is the believers gift declaration of righteousness. Sanctification is how that judicial degree of righteousness is achieved. Every believer is set apart by God as being holy at the point of that believers belief. God is the one who is performing the setting apart. God accomplishes this sanctification by joining all who believe to his son. Saint is Godís word for a believer. God sets every believer apart, sanctification is about that issue. Paul even called the carnal believers at Corinth saints or set apart ones because even though they were carnal, they had believed Paulís good news message. Paul was not only first in line when it came to dispensing the Grace of God, Paul was also foremost in crime when it came to murdering the saints of the earthly kingdom program and the blasphemy associated with Godís ministry at Pentecost. 

God has set the believer apart and he calls them righteous based not upon what they do or what they abstain from doing where Godís concerned, but on Jesusí righteousness and their faith in Jesusí faithfulness on their behalf, because itís at that point of their belief that God set them apart. God alters the believers identity by removing them judicially in Godís mind from an identification with Adam number 1 and now they are judicially identified with Adam number 2. But, throughout human history, people have refused to accept the finality that death brings to life. Death brings an unacceptable, sudden interruption to oneís work, plans, and relationships. After all, the death rate is still one per person. The serpentís lie, you will not die, has lived on throughout human history to our time. 

Jesusí victory over death affects the believerís understanding of physical and eternal death. The believer can face physical death with the confidence that Jesus has swallowed up death in victory, because Paul was eagerly awaiting Godís purpose for Paul. The glory that Paul knew would be revealed in him at the manifestation of the sons of God when the sons of God receive their glorified bodies when the believers meet Jesus in the air (not on the earth). For I reckon that the sufferings of this present time are not worthy to be compared with the glory which shall be revealed in us.
Old 04-02-2017, 06:45 AM

Good or bad has to do with being useful or worthless for reward. In 2 Corinthians 5:10, Paulís not talking about good and bad in the sense of judgment of moral goodness or moral badness, heís talking about usefulness or uselessness when it comes to reward at the judgment seat of the Savior. Paulís ministry was distinct, because Paul was the head architect for the age of grace for the building called the body of the Savior. The judgment seat of the Savior has to do with the building project. You as member of the body of the Savior are co-labours with God in the building project. The blueprint for the proper construction of this building has been given to the apostle Paul for the work crew of which you are apart, 2 Timothy 3:16-17. Whenever you see that word labour or work in Paulís epistles, they are always in direct connection to the judgment seat of the Savior. 

The maturity of the believer is what the evaluation at the judgment seat of the Savior is all about. Three evaluation issues at the judgment seat of the Savior when it comes to your reward worthiness or not being worthy of reward; work of faith, labour of love and patience of hope. The believers effort in those three areas will be scrutinized. Most people think salvation is the end result, but salvation is the starting point. Paul was given the blueprints for the building. Most are still trying to operate with the blueprints of another program. God committed unto Paul the responsibility to lay the blueprint on the table before the work crew, so we might build in a manner worthy of reward.
Old 04-03-2017, 08:56 AM

A miracle is a supernatural act of power, but most often when people think of the term miraculous, they think of some special display of power that God performs just in special instances and for particular people or perhaps for a particular person and at a particular time. A criteria in a believerís mind that they would use to decide whether that event they witnessed would be from God or from Satan, keeping in mind that Satanís miracles would be the things a believer would expect God to do, not Satan to do. Divine miracles were always in scripture preformed to indicate or signify something. They were to indicate or signify or to be the signature of not only the massager but of the message. 

Satan distracts from the truth through the miraculous. The meaning of deception is to be distracted from the truth, to believe a lie. When a believer lines up the miracle beside the message, it will immediately tell them whether or not God or Satan is involved. And Paul makes that so easy by telling us what the message is. (2 Corinthians 11:3) The simplicity of Paulís message is total payment for sin, accomplished by Jesusí total sacrifice. The believer has therefore how much forgiveness? Total forgiveness! If the message isnít total forgiveness all upfront and all inclusive, the believer can bet itís not a miracle being preformed of God. Satanís miracles will never stand on this message, because they want to distract from this message.
Old 04-04-2017, 07:23 AM

Nowhere in the Bible are we told that the dearly departed saved ones are given wings. The saints in heaven do not become angels, they will rule over the angelic host according to the apostle Paul. But, itís certainly a fascinating and emotional story for those uneducated in the Word of Truth; those who are looking toward experience and the tweaking of their emotions rather than studying for themselves rightly-divided doctrine. In each instance, somebody went and somebody saw in direct contradiction to the Paulís very clear statement that ďwe walk by faith not by sight.Ē Why do books based on so called experiences of going to heaven become best sellers? Could it be because the time will come as Paul states so clearly in 2 Timothy 4:3. We might call them ďemotional cravings, abandon sound doctrine preferring instead to have their ears tickled. The reason they sell so well is because in the minds of the vast majority of so-called Christendom today emotion trumps doctrine. Take note of which churches grow the fastest and where the multitudes want to congregate in your city and youíll see meetings designed with emotion in mind. We walk by faith not by sight. We can rely upon nothing we see because the enemy is able to provide miraculous manifestations and we can rely only upon what we hear from others to the extent that what others say aligns itself with the Word of God rightly divided.
Old 04-05-2017, 05:15 AM

Letís suppose that God had not separated out a brand new apostle with a brand new message for a brand new creation called the Body of the Savior. Imagine with me for a moment that God had allowed that kingdom program to continue on as some believe today. What message would we as Gentiles, have heard under those circumstances, had that program continued on? You see, according to Israelís program, when the messiah was cut off according to the 483 years of Danielís prophesy fulfilled, the time for that nation to come to their last days prior to the entrance of their kingdom had come close to hand. Only 7 years remained at that period of time on Israelís prophecy clock before the earthly kingdom would be set up and the messiah would be ruling and reigning on the throne. The tribulation was on its way when Pentecost took place. These are the last day Joel was talking about. If God had not put Israelís program on the shelf, he would be gathering Gentiles, and bringing them down into the valley of Jehoshaphat. (Joel 3:9-16) At the culmination of the tribulation period, Gentiles are going to be coming against the nation Israel. The Gentiles will be the bullies when this day arrives. Jesus is coming to stand up for that remnant and who will the messiah be coming to fight? The Gentiles.
Old 04-06-2017, 06:44 AM

1 Corinthians 6:9-10, if Paul had ceased writing after going through this list of deplorable practices then we could safely assume that continuing to do these things after believing the good news message would result in a reversal of the offenders salvation or as some teach perhaps even a lost with a connect with God that must somehow be restored. But that isnít what Paul is saying here at all. Paul is telling these carnal saints at Corinth that the reason these detestable deeds had not and could not result in a lost of their salvation or their fellowship with God for that matter is because as carnal as these Corinthians happen to be they had a holy standing with God through their identity with his son. And the gift decree of righteousness belonging to the son had been totally and permanently credited to the account of these carnal believers to their account in heaven at the point of their belief. Little wonder that right after listing all these deplorable sins the apostle Paul follows up immediately in verse 12 with these words ďAll things are lawful unto me, but all things are not expedient: all things are lawful for me, but I will not be brought under the power of any. So while none of the things on Paulís list either 1 Corinthians chapter 6 or we might even say Galatians chapter 5 where Paul presents a similar list...none of these things can send a believer to the second death. They are definitely things all believers should avoid. 

Romans 12:2, separation from the world means growth requires something where the believer and the world is concerned. Stop serving the idols to whom the world pays homage to. Lust of the eyes and the lust of the flesh. Identity in the last Adam will get you into heaven, practical sanctification is that which will get you rewarded at the judgement seat of the Savior. Practical sanctification is the hallmark of maturity. Knowing your complete in the Savior, how would agape (love) operate, knowing I have perfect righteousness in the son, how should I then operate positively on behalf of others. You must serve the earthly manifestation of the Saviorís body. Knowledge finds expression through our behavior. Agape will never show up empty handed where where the judgement seat of the Savior rewards are concerned. Agape always edifies and unifies. Relationships is both sides of the growth process. One without the other is entirely useless. Knowledge and agape application of that knowledge is the idea behind growth. Sin is not the issue at the judgement seat of the Savior, service is the issue.
Old 04-20-2017, 05:54 PM
Life Lovin Moderator

PTO Moderator 

Donation Award 

Thanked 2,229 Times in 1,381 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by smiles844 View Post
"Paul has made it abundantly clear that God does not measure peopleís goodness in relation to the goodness of others. In fact, he compares their goodness with his own perfect righteousness; that would be the criteria for dwelling with him."

So true-and scary bc no one could ever attain His level, as stated in Romans 3:23, BUT thank God for His wonderful Gift, so we can be made righteous with the righteousness of Christ! (2 Corinthians 5:21) and be faultless before His eyes!! : ) Praise the Lord!
This was very well written. Thank you for posting.