Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > MISSISSIPPI > Mississippi Probation, Parole, ERS, ISP, & ICC
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Mississippi Probation, Parole, ERS, ISP, & ICC Topics & discussion related to probation, parole, ERS, ISP, & ICC in Mississippi. All information & questions relating to parole, probation or release in Mississippi should be posted here.

Old 08-22-2016, 09:42 PM

Default Help/Why does my boyfriend have a hearing next month?

Hey so my bf said that his time sheet says he has 5 months then returning parole.... So how come he still have a hearing next month?
Sponsored Links
Old 08-23-2016, 02:39 PM

Thanked 1,524 Times in 610 Posts

Could be anything. My son requested credit for time served awaiting move to his location. They had to have a hearing for that. Freaked us all out because we had no idea there'd be a hearing & he was moved with no explanation. Had to call his lawyer to find out it was no big deal.

Has he requested anything to do with his sentence? Does he have an attorney? They should know or you could try calling the clerk of court's office & ask. Hope it's nothing.
Old 08-23-2016, 02:46 PM

Thanked 1,115 Times in 526 Posts

I may be wrong because I am going off information from another state but I think it is a possibility that he gets parole if approved at the hearing. If not then he gets rescheduled for another hearing or will have to wait till his sentence is maxed out.

My friends man was scheduled for parole back in December and he had to go to a hearing. He was denied parole and is having to serve out his max sentence he will be relased next month.

Old 08-23-2016, 10:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fire Struck View Post
I may be wrong because I am going off information from another state but I think it is a possibility that he gets parole if approved at the hearing. If not then he gets rescheduled for another hearing or will have to wait till his sentence is maxed out.

My friends man was scheduled for parole back in December and he had to go to a hearing. He was denied parole and is having to serve out his max sentence he will be relased next month.
He violated his parole and they revoked it the first time and gave him 5 months so September is his second hearing but I was just wondering if his time sheet has the right time for him to get out or is the decision up to the PB?
His mom called up there last week and she said someone told her that he looked in the computer and they said he was getting out September 23rd at 12:01 but how?
Old 08-23-2016, 10:37 PM

Thanked 1,115 Times in 526 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hecominhome View Post
He violated his parole and they revoked it the first time and gave him 5 months so September is his second hearing but I was just wondering if his time sheet has the right time for him to get out or is the decision up to the PB?
His mom called up there last week and she said someone told her that he looked in the computer and they said he was getting out September 23rd at 12:01 but how?
Sounds like he is going to go in front of the board and they will decide. If he violated I wouldn't have high hopes on him getting it. Normally the board is not very forgiving to people that have violated.

Old 08-23-2016, 10:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fire Struck View Post
Sounds like he is going to go in front of the board and they will decide. If he violated I wouldn't have high hopes on him getting it. Normally the board is not very forgiving to people that have violated.
I think he already know he will max out his time because he keep asking me if I could wait on him for a year or two so he don't have high hopes