Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > MISSISSIPPI > Mississippi Probation, Parole, ERS, ISP, & ICC
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Mississippi Probation, Parole, ERS, ISP, & ICC Topics & discussion related to probation, parole, ERS, ISP, & ICC in Mississippi. All information & questions relating to parole, probation or release in Mississippi should be posted here.

Old 11-16-2009, 10:21 PM

i agree w/ John - there have been occasions we've sent email 4 or 5 times to get a reply regarding matters at CMCF. Its their job to answer inquires from the public, granted they are bound by policy in some things they can NOT discuss. We find we get a reply quicker and to the point if we ask "when this matter will be handled and by whom"......
The Following User Says Thank You to msearp99 For This Useful Post:
scorpian (01-28-2011)
Sponsored Links
Old 11-16-2009, 11:02 PM
Pied Piper
Donation Award 

Thanked 12,587 Times in 3,621 Posts

I second what John said - Epps doesn't play when it comes to helping families
Old 11-16-2009, 11:03 PM
Pied Piper
Donation Award 

ALSO - when re-contacting him, reply using the email from him, so he sees for his records he already gave the other person time to respond.
Old 11-22-2009, 08:20 AM

Has anyone heard of such a thing called a hardship parole? If so, can anyone tell me anything about it?
Old 11-24-2009, 12:58 AM
Pied Piper
Donation Award 

I have, and it is next to impossible to get, and only for certain crimes. I don't know of any other information - I would suggest contacting the Parole Board
Old 01-07-2010, 08:09 PM

Inmate is on Draft to go to satilite. How can I find out where he will be sent?
Old 01-08-2010, 11:28 AM

Default satalite

calll Chris Epps office. They can tell you
Old 01-14-2010, 04:17 PM

Is there a way for the family of an inmate to get any information on what was considered by the parole board, such as, was there any community opposition and if so from whom, was there any opposition from the victim, etc?
Old 01-14-2010, 08:28 PM

From what I've read, when an inmate is denied parole, he will be given the reason in writing from the parole board. I don't know if the inmate must request it or if it is automatically given to the inmate, but the inmate can find out what the general reason for denial is if he wants to. I don't think this information will be forwarded to the family, however...only the inmate.

In addition, the parole board won't go into great detail about the reason for denial. For example, if the inmate is denied due to community opposition, the parole board will only cite "community opposition" as the reason for denail and will probably not tell who exactly opposed the inmate's parole (such as the victim, etc.).
Old 01-15-2010, 10:46 AM

Exclamation parole info

I wonder if an attorney can get the information as to EXACTALY why a persons parole was denied? I nkow for a fact that some EX's use the parole board as as way to get back at their spouse after a divorce. This is wrong that someone can write them and say anything true or not to get a persons parole put off. The prisoner should be able to respond to accusations people write to parole board. Johnathan? can a lawyer see the master file?
Old 01-25-2011, 09:31 AM

Default Son on way back

My son was on parole from Mississippi and commited a crime in Texas. He was just parolled from Texas after 31/2 years now Mississippi is bringing him back. Two questions. 1. he had a 10 year suspended sentence in Mississippi will he get all that time or will it be judges decision? Second his crime in Texas is not considered agrravated here but is in Miississippi. Can they use that to make him inelgibile for parole? We are shocked that Texas released him on Parole and Mississippi 10 days later had him oicked up on a 2008 warrant for parole violation. They say he did not report and that he was a fugitive but we know that 3 different people, parole office, DA in dallas and our lawyer told them in 2007. We are devasted as he did well in prison and completed an intense 6 month drug program.
Old 01-28-2011, 12:54 AM

Just from my experience and from what I've heard/seen MS is good at "holding" warrants and waiting outside the prison for the persons release only to say "gotcha" can they legally do this? I've heard of it being done several times and it sucks.
The Following User Says Thank You to scorpian For This Useful Post:
PTO-29412 (02-03-2011)
Old 02-03-2011, 04:04 AM
Pied Piper
Donation Award 

I know it is hard - but on Parole you are not allowed to leave the state.

Should you leave the state, and commit or be accused/convicted of a crime - that is an automatic out.

He would be listed as a fugitive for leaving the state lines.

Best of luck to your family in this ordeal
Old 02-07-2011, 02:30 PM

He was paroled to Texas and was their legally.
Old 02-21-2011, 04:19 PM

When does the State Parole Board meet about pardon requests? Does the State Parole Board issue recommendations to Legislature about granting pardon or does it always go to governor? This is for an individual that finished his sentence many years ago. Any help is appreciated.
Old 07-19-2011, 12:17 AM

Hey I have like 2 questions my man is in for 10 years on a felon carrying a concealed weapon charge, he said that the parole hearing now has it set up to where if your in for 10 years they cut the 10 years down to 2 1/2 years. He had said back in May that he goes up for parole in November or December. The other day he said he goes up for his parole October 26th. He has been locked up since December of 2009. Now my question is Do you think he will be coming home?? And also is he talking about he is coming home on parole or is it a parole hearing that he is talking about that is coming up October 26th???? Please help I'm so confused. Thank you.
Old 07-19-2011, 12:19 AM

The reason they switched it from November or December to October 26th is because he put in good time. (I left that out sorry)
Old 11-01-2011, 09:59 PM

Default ERS to non-Family?

Hi all. My friend will be out on ERS next year. She doesn't have any family that she would want to live with, and I would like her to live with me. I don't have a criminal record and I live in a decent area. Will they allow her to live with a non-family member or must you be family? Thank you.
Old 11-04-2011, 10:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baboo27 View Post
Hi all. My friend will be out on ERS next year. She doesn't have any family that she would want to live with, and I would like her to live with me. I don't have a criminal record and I live in a decent area. Will they allow her to live with a non-family member or must you be family? Thank you.
Baboo,
It ultimately is the decision of the parole board, but I believe it does not need to be a family member. You and your home will be checked out. No alcohol, no weapons of any kind are allowed. Others may have more info on this.
The Following User Says Thank You to LordHelp For This Useful Post:
Baboo27 (12-16-2011)
Old 06-22-2012, 11:21 PM

Default parole on interstate compact

My ex husband is incarcerated in Mississippi but is a resident in another state we have since reconciled and upon his parole and interstate compact transfer he wants to parole out at my residence I have been told he cant do that because we are no longer married and I have been told he can. Depends on who I am talking to at the time I guess. I thought as long as you were a resident of the recieving state he could parole out at any address and didnt have to be a family member. I have been so consumed with this I cant think straight does anyone have any other info that may be helpful, running out of time he is coming up for review and time to fill out paperwork for the interstate compact. Thanks
Old 07-01-2012, 03:10 PM

My man got 20 years for a drive by and has done 7. He is eligible for 30/30 time in Sept. Will he ever be.eligible for parole
Old 07-04-2012, 11:12 PM

I'm assuming drive by - he has a murder charge ? Manslaughter ? Neither is eligible for parole in MS
Old 07-06-2012, 05:55 PM

No one was injured in the shooting
Old 07-06-2012, 11:27 PM

Look on MDOC Website. That wil let you know what charges are or are not eligible for parole
Old 04-15-2013, 09:17 PM
Loving you the world Full

Default Time Served

Ok so I am new here, not sure if thread still gets looked at but I have a couple of questions. My fiance was sentenced April 1st for a non violent charge, his original charge would have been considered a violent one. But he took a plea deal, which changed his original cause number charge. When he was arrested and indited for his original he did almost a year to the date of his arrest. When he was sentenced the deal he got 10 years/5 suspended/5 to serve she did not say it was mandatory. And he would get time served for the year. While I have been doing research trying to come up with a round about how much time he would do, in the inmate handbook it states: the inmate
must have been in jail on the cause number(s) for which the inmate is currently incarcerated.
So does this mean since the cause number changed that he really want get the 1 year timed served calculated into his time??? And he pretty much is going in with 5 years and no time served on the new cause number with his plea? This just really gets to me, because we are glad he is going in with the non violent charge, but its like the year he did was a waste and isnt gonna help to get him home sooner..

I also have another question...

If the one year is calculated in, "i heard" they will give him 30/30 on the time he already served? Is this true or just hear say?

Which brings me to another question (last one, i promise) ...

With his charge the lawyer said he will get 30/30 and also good time for trusty and time off for earning certificates and so on. He would be eligible for parole (from what I read) and he falls in all the requirements for parole after doing 25% which if they do calculate the 1 year leaves him 4 years left, so he would have to only do 1 year to be eligible for parole.. when he gets to rankin county, would they consider putting him on ISP during his processing in and send him home during the processing or does he actually have to do some time first before he can be considered for ISP? Because when you read the ISP you have 15 months left on his sentence to be eligible and he would be eligible for parole after only a year.. you know what I mean? Basically Im trying to see if there would be any chance of him coming home way sooner then later. Considering we have a 2 month baby, and he was the bread winner and did nothing but work and come home. He has no priors, and we honestly thought the judge was going to suspend his time and give him probation since that's what the other person in the case got. And we were shocked when she gave him the time.

Sorry so long, and I am sure you probably want be able to answer all my questions, but any incite would be great! Thanks!