Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > MISSISSIPPI > Mississippi Probation, Parole, ERS, ISP, & ICC
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Mississippi Probation, Parole, ERS, ISP, & ICC Topics & discussion related to probation, parole, ERS, ISP, & ICC in Mississippi. All information & questions relating to parole, probation or release in Mississippi should be posted here.

Old 09-25-2016, 12:35 PM

Question My son, how long can he be held on a parole violation?

My son was recently arrested on a warrant from mdoc for parole violation. How long can they hold him before releasing him and returning him to parole. He has seizures and has had 9 or 10 since he was arrested 7 on Thursday night
Sponsored Links
Old 09-25-2016, 12:43 PM
PTO Administrator

PTOQ Editorial Team Member Staff Superstar Two Time Winner Staff Superstar Winner 

Donation Award 

Thanked 32,980 Times in 15,127 Posts

It depends. Is he being revoked for his violation? As I understand it, the PO can sanction him for a set number of days, or file for revocation...which could mean a return to prison.

patchouli, PTO Admin

Old 09-25-2016, 02:26 PM

Question more info

All I know is he was released on parole in August of last year placed on a ankle monitor which was removed late January early February.
When it was taken off he was told ok your good to go which he interpreted to mean he was good to go since he was getting off the ankle monitor. Prior to him getting off the monitor they contacted me his father) several times to check on him when they couldn't reach him or that his monitor needed charging. Now for 6 almost 7 months no attempt to contact me to say there was any kind of problem was made. The parole officer said he came to the house several times yet never left any indication that he was ever there and someone was there at least 85% of the time.
Old 09-25-2016, 03:11 PM
PTO Administrator

PTOQ Editorial Team Member Staff Superstar Two Time Winner Staff Superstar Winner 

Donation Award 

The PO is under no obligation to contact anyone but the parolee. I'm actually surprised that they called you at all before the monitor was taken off.

Your son should have been aware of how long his parole was to last; not being available to the PO and/or not showing up for scheduled appointments are technical violations. Did your son have a curfew? If so, and he wasn't where he was supposed to be after curfew, another violation. Absconding could come into the picture if your son wasn't reporting.

He is not guaranteed another parole. I know its stressful, the not knowing what's going to happen, so take a deep breath and hold on. It could be a bumpy ride

patchouli, PTO Admin

Old 09-27-2016, 07:22 AM
PTO Administrator

Donation Award 

Apparently the PO did file the violation and revocation....however, the PO can recommend a return to parole. The catch is that the final outcome is not up to the PO but is in the hands of the court/Judge or Parole Board (depending on Mississippi's procedures).

patchouli, PTO Admin

Old 09-28-2016, 08:46 AM

Default Just Curious

Quote:
Originally Posted by patchouli View Post
The PO is under no obligation to contact anyone but the parolee. I'm actually surprised that they called you at all before the monitor was taken off.

Your son should have been aware of how long his parole was to last; not being available to the PO and/or not showing up for scheduled appointments are technical violations. Did your son have a curfew? If so, and he wasn't where he was supposed to be after curfew, another violation. Absconding could come into the picture if your son wasn't reporting.

He is not guaranteed another parole. I know its stressful, the not knowing what's going to happen, so take a deep breath and hold on. It could be a bumpy ride
Was wondering he was picked up on the warrant 9/20 and as of today according to the Parole Board they have received no paperwork of any kind what could this mean
Old 09-28-2016, 09:57 AM
PTO Administrator

Donation Award 

It's only been 8 days, including the weekend. Breath! The wheels turn slowly and it could be a while before he sees Board.

patchouli, PTO Admin