Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > TEXAS > Texas General Prison Talk
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Texas General Prison Talk Topics & Discussions relating to Prison & the Criminal Justice System in Texas that do not fit into any other Texas subforum.

Old 07-10-2019, 05:41 PM

Default County jail inmate # transfer to TDCJ w/inmate?

Does and inmates ID# at Dallas county Jail, transfer with the inmate when they go to a TDJC prison? How will their trust fund balance transfer with them from the county jail to a TDJC prison?

THanks
Sponsored Links
Old 07-11-2019, 12:06 AM

They get a new number when they transfer to TDCJ. As for the money, I don’t remember what happens with that, but I feel like it goes with them! That would make the most sense, at least.
Old 07-11-2019, 07:42 AM
Green Eyed Monster

The money on their books do transfer with them but I do not believe they have access to it right away. My LO did his best to spend all he had on his books when he knew he would be catching chain pretty quickly. As soon as I knew he transferred, I put some on his account via jpay so that he could access it as soon as he was allowed commissary.

He is in SAFP so he could only buy hygiene for the first 30 days.

Old 07-11-2019, 12:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HWU View Post
They get a new number when they transfer to TDCJ. As for the money, I don’t remember what happens with that, but I feel like it goes with them! That would make the most sense, at least.
Thank you.