Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > KENTUCKY > Kentucky Prison & Jail Visitation, Phones, Packages & Mail
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Kentucky Prison & Jail Visitation, Phones, Packages & Mail Topics / Information relating to the Kentucky Department of Corrections and local / county Jail visitation, phone calls, mail, inmate care packages, etc

Old 06-21-2011, 10:45 PM

Default Inmate Classification

Can someone please tell me what CD-2A Means? That is what my fiance's classification is in a county jail?
Sponsored Links
Old 06-21-2011, 10:56 PM
PTO Administrator

PTOQ Editorial Team Member Staff Superstar Two Time Winner Staff Superstar Winner 

Donation Award 

Thanked 35,371 Times in 16,298 Posts

County jails don't classify inmates, that's done at Roederer Correctional Complex. That sounds more like a pod/cell/wing number

Has he been sentenced? If so, how long ago? Is he a state or county inmate?

Welcome to PTO and the Kentucky forum

patchouli, PTO Admin

Old 06-23-2011, 06:01 PM
Donation Award 

Default County Classifying Inmates

County jails do classify prisoners whom are held as state property. I know first hand, my son was just classified in McCracken County, Kentucky and he was sentenced to 5 years in May 2011. I'm not sure as to why, this occurred because I always was told they were sent off for classification as well. I do know he was classified at that county jail and is awaiting to be sent off now to serve his incareration at state facility. His classification was not a cell, wing or pod number. Perhaps different counties do it different ways, but there is no mistake as to him being classified.

Quote:
Originally Posted by patchouli View Post
County jails don't classify inmates, that's done at Roederer Correctional Complex. That sounds more like a pod/cell/wing number

Has he been sentenced? If so, how long ago? Is he a state or county inmate?

Welcome to PTO and the Kentucky forum
Old 06-23-2011, 06:41 PM
PTO Administrator

PTOQ Editorial Team Member Staff Superstar Two Time Winner Staff Superstar Winner 

Donation Award 

I'm thinking that the "classificatiion" at the county level isn't the same as at the state level (I could be wrong) once they reach the A & C facility (Roederer) and ae assessed mentally and physically. The state level is what affects their camp status, parole eligilibilty, programs needed etc.

CD-2A is not a classification status as far as I know

patchouli, PTO Admin

Old 07-14-2019, 09:57 AM

Default Classification

Quote:
Originally Posted by kygrandma View Post
County jails do classify prisoners whom are held as state property. I know first hand, my son was just classified in McCracken County, Kentucky and he was sentenced to 5 years in May 2011. I'm not sure as to why, this occurred because I always was told they were sent off for classification as well. I do know he was classified at that county jail and is awaiting to be sent off now to serve his incareration at state facility. His classification was not a cell, wing or pod number. Perhaps different counties do it different ways, but there is no mistake as to him being classified.
A sons mother in Ky
So weird my son has been incarcerated in two different prisons in Ky for the past 5 yrs .. he was transferred from green river to McCracken county jail on Monday he was classified in May 2019 in green river to a level 1 (community) so all of the sudden they move him to a county jail??? His parole date is sept 6,2019 this is third time going up he didnít know he had to complete Sap and MRT for all those years but he completed this past year ... Iím so confused why he got transferred ?? Please someone help
Old 07-14-2019, 11:32 AM
PTO Administrator

Donation Award 

Quote:
Originally Posted by rameebirch View Post
A sons mother in Ky
So weird my son has been incarcerated in two different prisons in Ky for the past 5 yrs .. he was transferred from green river to McCracken county jail on Monday he was classified in May 2019 in green river to a level 1 (community) so all of the sudden they move him to a county jail??? His parole date is sept 6,2019 this is third time going up he didnít know he had to complete Sap and MRT for all those years but he completed this past year ... Iím so confused why he got transferred ?? Please someone help
I can only guess as there are many reasons why they would move him to a county facility: his points have dropped (that's good ); he sees the Board soon; he's completed his programs; he's a short timer; because they can.

If his parole eligibility date is September, he either sees the Board face-to-face or has a file review this month. Good luck! He sounds like a good candidate for parole Hope for the best, Expect the worst.

patchouli, PTO Admin

Old 07-15-2019, 05:54 AM

Quote:
I can only guess as there are many reasons why they would move him to a county facility: his points have dropped (that's good ); he sees the Board soon; he's completed his programs; he's a short timer; because they can.

If his parole eligibility date is September, he either sees the Board face-to-face or has a file review this month. Good luck! He sounds like a good candidate for parole Hope for the best, Expect the worst.
Thanks so much .... I am so grateful for places like this to talk, ask questions just the support is wonderful... he will have a file review sometime this month ... hope for the best , expect the worst ...
Ky mother
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to rameebirch For This Useful Post:
fbopnomore (07-15-2019), patchouli (07-15-2019)
Old 08-15-2019, 12:05 PM
Donation Award 

I just got out on January 2nd 2019 to HIP & released from it on July 1st,2019. I saw several inmates moved from KSR to Oldham Co jail because they were deemed "Community Level 1". I was never sent to any state prison for classification, it was all done at the county facility. The state prisons are so overloaded that their sending inmates with 2 years or less to a county facility by changing their(inmate's) custody level with a stroke of the keyboard. It's been very confusing to all because your settled in. Then at 3:00 in the morning you're told to pack up & get ready to move out. Next thing you know your at a crappy county jail. No classes at all. No jobs for you because they're all taken up by county inmates or your on a waiting list.
Lord help you if you have any medical needs. Because you're not going to see a doctor for anything! No, I'm not exaggerating either... I never saw a doctor for the whole time I was at either facility... 3 or 4 months in Henderson & 7 months at second place. I was moved from one county to another & was taken off everything & had to get outside help just to get my surgically implanted device unit to be able to adjust & recharge it.... Believe me it's a total living HELL!
Now for the classification of "CD-2A". More than likely that's just a county jail code for a level of security. If your loved one can ask/send out a request form & ask about custody level meanings.

Also for "rameebirch" about the MRT & SAP classes.... It's very well known(in lockup)
that anyone serving over 2 years+1 day is required to complete SAP at the very least & MRT is dependant on if the state or someone higher up says that it's required to complete. Or when they get parole the PO makes it a requirement.
Each class takes about 6 months to complete too.

The Following User Says Thank You to roadiez For This Useful Post:
patchouli (08-15-2019)
Old 08-15-2019, 04:51 PM
PTO Administrator

Donation Award 

Hey roadiez! Good to see ya! State inmates with sentences as much as 10 can do their time in county these days although I don't know of anyone with a 10 year sentence that is/was stuck in county for the whole 10 years. That would totally suck

patchouli, PTO Admin

Old 08-15-2019, 05:01 PM
Super Moderator

Staff Superstar Winner PTO Super Moderator Staff Superstar Winner Easter Egg Hunt 2013 - Participant 

Thanked 6,125 Times in 3,040 Posts

Quote:
Hey roadiez! Good to see ya! State inmates with sentences as much as 10 can do their time in county these days although I don't know of anyone with a 10 year sentence that is/was stuck in county for the whole 10 years. That would totally suck

They kinda changed it. Class C and D can stay in county but only if the sentence is 5 years or less.
Old 08-15-2019, 05:06 PM
PTO Administrator

Donation Award 

What? Again?! It used to be 5 years, they went up to 10...and now its back down to 5? Good!

patchouli, PTO Admin

The Following User Says Thank You to patchouli For This Useful Post:
sass4221 (08-15-2019)