Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > RESOURCE CENTER > The Drug War
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

The Drug War A war against drugs, or against families?

View Poll Results: What is the gateway drug
Pot 19 26.39%
Alcohol 53 73.61%
Voters: 72. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-19-2016, 10:54 PM

I don't think either one is. I do think alcohol has destroyed more lives for sure though.
Old 08-21-2016, 07:58 AM

Any person can make anything their own personal “gateway drug”. Jawboning about which (out of only two?) possibilities is “the” gateway drug is tunnel-visioned and silly. Personally speaking... I figure tobacco has been the so-called “gateway drug” for more people than anything else.

I was in a smoking cessation program one time many years ago. One thing I remember from the info in that program was that if you’re a former alcohol or drug abuser and you’re an active tobacco smoker:
--If alcohol was your old “drug of preference”, the odds are 3x greater that you’ll return to it;
--If marijuana was your old “drug of preference”, the odds are 8x greater that you’ll return to it; and
--If cocaine was your old “drug of preference”, the odds are 22x greater that you’ll return to it.

If that doesn’t make tobacco a front-runner for the “#1 gateway drug” designation, I don’t know what else could.
Old 08-21-2016, 09:09 AM

It depends on the person. I know several people who smoke pot and have been offered other drugs and no-one has ever done anything harder.

Old 08-24-2016, 12:44 AM

I have no factual basis to go off of other than personal experience, but I remember smoking weed and having my friend try to ask me to smoke meth I told him no that one of my friends died of a brain aneurysm from it and I wouldn't touch it. Then about a month later we went to a strip club for a mutual friend's birthday. I was hammered and a stripper sits on my lap and asks if I wanna go to her house and smoke some G. I believe my exact words were "F**kit! Why not"

So for me personally I think it is evident which one of htose two were the gateway
Old 12-09-2016, 02:46 AM

I voted Alcohol. It's actually proven more women are susceptible to rape from alcohol then anything else.
Old 12-17-2016, 06:30 PM

I don't think there is such a thing as a gateway drug. I am 34 years old I have smoked weed a handful of times when I was young and I used to drink a lot. I've never went from weed or alcohol to other drugs. I think the feeling of wanting and needing to be high or find a stronger high has to be the thing that drives you towards all that.

Last edited by Sean'sGirl82; 12-17-2016 at 06:32 PM..
Old 12-17-2016, 06:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by burlesqueballer View Post
I have no factual basis to go off of other than personal experience, but I remember smoking weed and having my friend try to ask me to smoke meth I told him no that one of my friends died of a brain aneurysm from it and I wouldn't touch it. Then about a month later we went to a strip club for a mutual friend's birthday. I was hammered and a stripper sits on my lap and asks if I wanna go to her house and smoke some G. I believe my exact words were "F**kit! Why not"

So for me personally I think it is evident which one of htose two were the gateway
Was it the alcohol or the Stripper? I bet if you weren't drunk and she was on you like that you still would have gone! Lol Sex is the gateway drug lol.
Old 01-08-2017, 10:58 PM
batshit crazy

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaneswifey View Post
Personally I do not believe in a gateway drug. You are either an addictive personality or you are not. Some smoke weed and never do it again some smoke and want something more. thats not because opf the pot its because they have an addictive personality. medically smoking a joint is better for you than having a beer. the damn government would legalize pot if they could tax it all.... thats the truth

THIS.
Old 01-10-2017, 01:50 AM
Donation Award 

^^That quoted post. 100%
I think anything can be a gateway drug. Opiates, air duster, weed, alcohol or anything else that is easily attainable. Literally anything can be a addictive though.

*raises hand* I'm not sure what G is unless its GHB...is that smokeable?? Not that I want to ...confused.