Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > KENTUCKY > Kentucky Parole, Probation, Work Release & Community Service
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Kentucky Parole, Probation, Work Release & Community Service All information & questions relating to parole, probation, work release and community service in Kentucky should be posted here.

Old 11-29-2018, 07:14 PM

Question Parole Hearing

Greetings again!
My son has a parole hearing Tuesday and he's anxious to say the least. His parole eligibility date it Feb 7 but he started a SAP program late and won't be finished with that until the end of March. He's been classified as Level 1 and has been in minimum security. His charges are from 2014 but had a PV and his luck ran out, for his own good actually. (I don't think he would be alive today otherwise) Wondering what he can expect, what can he say to help? Not say? This time he does not want to come home but go to a Sober Living situation to help him transition and support. Should he mention that? I'm proud of him for making that decision. He has been taking classes besides SAP
I think his biggest worry right now is he had a little "trouble" recently. During a search they found pepperoni in his locker which is not allowed. As punishment he has to wear orange for 3 weeks and attend a program. He will be wearing orange at his hearing. He says they will know why he wearing orange. All he can do is own it if they ask him. Only trouble he's been in.
He thinks the parole board has already made up their minds before the hearing. In your opinion or experience what do you think? Suggestions?
Sponsored Links
Old 11-29-2018, 07:42 PM
PTO Administrator

PTOQ Editorial Team Member Staff Superstar Two Time Winner Staff Superstar Winner 

Donation Award 

Thanked 33,226 Times in 15,242 Posts

Is he having a hearing, or a file review? If a file review, he should have written a letter to the Board.

Either way, same do's & don't's apply (as applicable):
Do take responsibility for what he was convicted of, no excuses. None.
Do be remorseful.
Do have a plan for staying out of prison (AA/NA; counseling / therapy; Job prospects and/or skills possessed/learned in prison that will help him find employment; plans for continuing his education, if applicable).
Do have a support plan (family/friends that will help him with: transportation; financial needs; moral support; employment).

The Board will know about his recent transgression regardless of what he's wearing

....and tell him that the meaner the Board talks to him, the more likely he'll be approved

Best Wishes for a parole approval!!! Let us know how it goes

patchouli, PTO Admin

The Following User Says Thank You to patchouli For This Useful Post:
Zoina (11-29-2018)
Old 11-29-2018, 08:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by patchouli View Post
Is he having a hearing, or a file review? If a file review, he should have written a letter to the Board.

Either way, same do's & don't's apply (as applicable):
Do take responsibility for what he was convicted of, no excuses. None.
Do be remorseful.
Do have a plan for staying out of prison (AA/NA; counseling / therapy; Job prospects and/or skills possessed/learned in prison that will help him find employment; plans for continuing his education, if applicable).
Do have a support plan (family/friends that will help him with: transportation; financial needs; moral support; employment).

The Board will know about his recent transgression regardless of what he's wearing

....and tell him that the meaner the Board talks to him, the more likely he'll be approved

Best Wishes for a parole approval!!! Let us know how it goes
Thanks for your response!
A file review vs a hearing? I wonder if he understands. He's says he 100% sure he has a hearing next week. I am assuming he knows what he should be doing. He has a counselor. Would she have told him if he needed to submit info in writing? Is there always a file review before a hearing? You info is awesome. Thanks as always!
The Following User Says Thank You to Zoina For This Useful Post:
patchouli (11-29-2018)
Old 11-29-2018, 08:43 PM
Super Moderator

Staff Superstar Winner PTO Super Moderator Staff Superstar Winner Easter Egg Hunt 2013 - Participant 

Thanked 5,697 Times in 2,862 Posts

If he's a class A or B felon, he'll have a hearing. If he's class C or D, it'll be a file review and he won't see anyone.

And don't forget the mantra.....hope for the best but expect the worst. Hate to say that but it's real.

Good luck!
Old 11-29-2018, 08:47 PM

He's a B felon. I guess that info makes me feel better. LOL
I will remind him of the mantra and myself of course. Thanks for that.
The Following User Says Thank You to Zoina For This Useful Post:
patchouli (11-29-2018)
Old 11-29-2018, 10:13 PM
PTO Administrator

PTOQ Editorial Team Member Staff Superstar Two Time Winner Staff Superstar Winner 

Donation Award 

When My Mr made parole 1 1/2 yrs ago, he was going to have just a handful of MRT classes after his eligibility date. The Board said "Parole after Completion." The facility told My Mr they were going to let him loose on his scheduled release day but that he had x# of weeks to complete the program on the street. He completed MRT after he was already home.

Will your son be released to finish SAP, I don't know. But it would be awfully nice for ya'll to have him HOME Feb. 1st

Good luck Tuesday!!!

patchouli, PTO Admin

The Following User Says Thank You to patchouli For This Useful Post:
Zoina (12-05-2018)
Old 12-05-2018, 08:54 PM

Thanks for the helpful information! He made parole upon completion of his SAP program which will be the end of March! It will give him time to find his sober house. He asked me to thank you all for the information He shared it with others and said they asked exactly as you said. He also hoped for the best and expected the worst.
Z
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Zoina For This Useful Post:
patchouli (12-05-2018), sass4221 (12-05-2018)
Old 12-05-2018, 09:09 PM
Super Moderator

Staff Superstar Winner PTO Super Moderator Staff Superstar Winner Easter Egg Hunt 2013 - Participant 

Thanked 5,697 Times in 2,862 Posts

Congrats!
Old 12-05-2018, 10:48 PM
PTO Administrator

Donation Award 

That's wonderful news!! Congratulations!!

patchouli, PTO Admin