Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > MICHIGAN > Michigan Prison & Jail Specific Discussions > Michigan Region I - West Prisons and Camps
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Michigan Region I - West Prisons and Camps Topics & discussion specific to these facilities: Alger Maximum CF, Baraga Maximum CF & Level I, Camp Cusino, Camp Kitwen, Camp Manistique, Marquette Branch Prisons, Ojibway CF, Camp Ottawa

Old 08-12-2010, 07:27 PM

Question Marquette Branch Prison

Ive been hearing all kinds of different rumors about possible closure of the prison. Ive heard that they were going to send all mental inmates there. My bf told me that someone came up to him today and told him that they might be doing voluntary ride outs to a prison in Adrian. I was just wondering if anyone else has heard any of this??? Or does anyone know what is going to happen???
Sponsored Links
Old 08-14-2010, 06:38 PM
Account Closed

Quote:
Originally Posted by sugar8112 View Post
Ive been hearing all kinds of different rumors about possible closure of the prison. Ive heard that they were going to send all mental inmates there. My bf told me that someone came up to him today and told him that they might be doing voluntary ride outs to a prison in Adrian. I was just wondering if anyone else has heard any of this??? Or does anyone know what is going to happen???
My fiance has been there since Nov. '09 and he has not told me about any possible closure. I had heard a rumor earlier this spring about it possibly being turned into a mental prison, but I have not heard anything since then. Your post kind of contradicts itself. If they close the prison, they are not going to send any mental's there. What is your source of information? My first rule of thumb is to never believe what is being said inside because most of it is a half-truth at best.

I certainly hope that what you are hearing has some truth to it. I have been praying that he gets transferred downstate soon. We are 8 hours away and can only go visit him about every 3-4 months. There is so much about that prison that sucks, they need to close it. The level 1's are restricted on a lot of stuff because it is also a level 5 prison. They are getting punished as though they were level 5's. No chicken, no hot food vending machines, no pictures, no special classes like AOP or SOP, visiting time is only 3 hours long, MBP has the most restrictions on the care package list of all the prisons, not sure why, but they get the very least. The one positive thing about it is that the co's are pretty laid back and don't really harass people for no good reason. They are also kind of lenient with the visiting rules too, as long as you don't get out of line.

Please keep me informed if you happen to hear anything else along the lines of MBP closing or transfers. I am very interested in this!