Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > MICHIGAN > Michigan Prison & Jail Specific Discussions > Michigan Region I - West Prisons and Camps
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Michigan Region I - West Prisons and Camps Topics & discussion specific to these facilities: Alger Maximum CF, Baraga Maximum CF & Level I, Camp Cusino, Camp Kitwen, Camp Manistique, Marquette Branch Prisons, Ojibway CF, Camp Ottawa

Old 07-05-2007, 03:38 PM

Scott is level 1, also. Yes...it is outrageous that you have to drive so far for a 3 hour visit. But...it is better than the 15 minutes behind glass at the county.
Sponsored Links
Old 07-06-2007, 10:29 AM
Becka

Default Car pooling

My fiance was recently transferred to Camp Ottawa. I live in Toledo OH but am willing to drive to car pool area. Or someone can take tha bus with me. They do have prison transporation I do believe.
Old 09-05-2007, 06:08 PM
Becka

Camp Ottawa anyone? October?? Let me know
Old 09-18-2007, 08:30 AM

Can anyone go to Camp Cusino this weekend??????

Old 09-22-2007, 03:39 PM

I am flying from Grand rapids to Camp Ottawa weekend of October 12 is anyone playing on going then??
Old 03-06-2008, 10:03 AM
His Wife
Donation Award 

I'm in Detroit, Going to Marquette March 26-28. I drive up 75 north, i have a car but its older but very reliable, so i get a rental sometimes. I take my lil sister with me on the trips just for the company but I'm looking for someone that will help me with expenses. I would even consider getting a van if alot of people are interested.
Old 03-06-2008, 09:50 PM

sorry, i need to go a little further than Marquette.
Old 04-17-2008, 04:02 PM

Nobody going to Cusino?

I'm in Bay City, MI (near Saginaw)

Old 09-22-2008, 12:18 PM

Default Ojibway Anyone?

I live just north of Detroit in Royal Oak and would like to see if there is any interest in car pooling to Ojibway. I have very good transportation so I can drive but it would just be nice to have someone to help with that drive. I have only made the trip up once since it is so far away but would love to head back up soon. Because it is so very far away, 10+ hours, it works out best for me to go on a weekend, possibly leave Friday evening and come home on Sunday.

Please let me know if there is anyone interested in a trip to the UP.

Thank you
Old 09-22-2008, 10:24 PM

I live in Houston, Texas and need to go to the Walls Unit in Huntsville,Texas around the 27th or 28th of September....anyone going?
Old 09-29-2008, 04:58 PM
Chu & Ziggy 4 life

Starting Point: Melvindale ( Downriver)
Destination Marquette
Looking to ride with someone up. Willing to split whatever costs ness. My brother is level 5.
Old 10-13-2008, 04:44 PM

Angry car pool to Baraga Max from Detroit

my husband just got transferred up there and I am looking for anyone from the detroit area who would be interested in car pooling. I have a vehicle or can ride with someone. Please let me know of any future trips you have planned. Thanks!
Old 11-06-2008, 08:06 AM
His Wife
Donation Award 

I'm looking for people who want to go to Camp Kitwen. I don't have a date set yet. We can get together to organize something. Someone on here has offered transportation if enough people go. Once we get a group we can discuss cost.
Old 12-08-2008, 06:23 PM
Ann B.

Default going to camp lehman

I am going to camp lehman regularly from grand rapids michigan. If anyone wants to go half on gas give me a reply.
Old 01-15-2010, 01:38 AM
Luving My Hubby

Red face Going Crazy Without My HUBBY

I am GOING CRAZY, my hubby is at Ojibway which is ten hours away from me in Detroit. I miss him so much, it really don't make any sense that he's so far away. My planned was to visit him this weekend but have no one to travel there with me. I don't mind driving but its a long way to drive by myself, I really need to see my heart. My love travel so deep for him, I'm not going to be complete til he's home.

If there's any1 that have a love one at that facility and wants to visit them, contact me. I'm willing to spilt cost for drive, depending on the time period planning the trip it's possible to stay for the weekend.

Vistor hours:
Mon-Fri 2:30pm-8:30pm
Sat & Sun 9:00am-7:00pm
Central Time Zone
They are allowed eight visits out the month
Old 01-20-2010, 12:27 AM
Macomb county

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagicalLuv View Post
I am GOING CRAZY, my hubby is at Ojibway which is ten hours away from me in Detroit. I miss him so much, it really don't make any sense that he's so far away. My planned was to visit him this weekend but have no one to travel there with me. I don't mind driving but its a long way to drive by myself, I really need to see my heart. My love travel so deep for him, I'm not going to be complete til he's home.

If there's any1 that have a love one at that facility and wants to visit them, contact me. I'm willing to spilt cost for drive, depending on the time period planning the trip it's possible to stay for the weekend.

Vistor hours:
Mon-Fri 2:30pm-8:30pm
Sat & Sun 9:00am-7:00pm
Central Time Zone
They are allowed eight visits out the month
Hello there

I just wanted to encourage you to hang in there and continue to post wanting to car pool to Ojibway, I know there re a couple of ladies that have guys up there and will be making the trip from time to time.

My guy is there now, but will be transferring at any time to Tuscola Re-Entry prgram. I just made my last trip up there in November to see him before he rides out to the program. I thought he would hve been out by now, but if he is going to be there much longer, I would make the trip again, depending on the weather. His projected parole date is March 2nd, so I dont know if that will happen. I will post on this site if he is going to be detained. Once he goes to Tuscola there is no visitation and I wont see him until I pick him up after he completes the program. Iuse Jpay a lot to send letters to him, its really inexpensive to mail him a long letter for about 25 cents. He gets the letter at Ojibway the next day. If I mailed him one right now at 1:00 am he would get it tomorrow night at mail call. That is another way to keep in constant contact with your guy, snail mail seems to take about 4 days for him to get my handwritten letters.

I hope this helps you and just to let you know, they love to get those jpay letters, its the next best thing to talking everyday.

Also correctional billing services is the phone service where you can set up an account yourself and prepay for phone calls that cost 1.50 for 15 minutes. If there is no one waiting for the phone, (usually outside when its cold) they can call you back again and talk another 15 minutes. Right now, CBS hs a special you can put $25.00 on your account (plus the 6.95 fee they charge) this special lasts until 2/20/10. Usually the minimum you can put on the phone account is $50.00. I have been taking advantage of the 25.00 special. Hang in there, and try the jpay, I think you both will like them. I know I write a jpay inbetween the days that he calls me collect on my CBS account. We do calls on Tues, Thurs, Sat & Sun, I j-pay him in between, it's like talking about whats happening out here and they dont feel so detached from you. Take care and keep posting, there are a lot of nice and caring ladies on this site. Any questions, just ask, and either I will respond, or someone else will beat me to it. I check this site every day and usually at night.

Last edited by margietmp902; 01-20-2010 at 12:29 AM..
Old 04-30-2010, 11:41 PM
Counting the days...

I'm in Dearborn, riding up to Alger Max on the weekend of the 20th through the 24th. If anyone is interested in making the ride with me, splitting rental/gas & hotel costs, let me know.

How long I'll be there is up for discussion. Willing to compromise on some expenses in exchange for driving responsibility, my butt hurts thinking abt the drive... lol
Old 07-23-2010, 01:09 PM

Default Desperately wanting to visit my son...Ojibway bound

Hello all, my son was just transferred from Cotton to Ojibway Correctional in the UP, I here its a long 12-14 hr. drive, from where I live, (Pontiac area) but a beautiful scenic trip, anyone else out there with a loved one up there, I'm looking for riders!!! When I go I will be staying for 3 visits, 3 days & 3 nights, NO NIGHT DRIVING!! Thanks for any responses. Johnnies mom
Old 07-26-2010, 02:33 PM

Default in response too...

Hi there, I am not working at this time so any given day is fine, I have my own transportation and I would like to stay for no LESS than 3 visits(days)! Thank you, Johnnies mom
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsdragoness View Post
I am a work in progress Please be patient!

Please post the following information.

Starting Point
Destination (prison)
Route
Pertinent information such as days you visit, how long, do you have a vehicle or are you looking for a ride with someone, etc.

Last edited by Johnnies mom; 07-26-2010 at 02:35 PM..
Old 08-08-2010, 06:19 AM

Default looking to share transportation to Ojibway

I am looking for someone traveling to Ojibway Correctional Facility. Looking to go wk of August 30.10. I have never been there before.
Old 08-11-2010, 07:19 AM

Default traveling to ojibway correctional facility

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsdragoness View Post
I am a work in progress Please be patient!

Please post the following information.

Starting Point
Destination (prison)
Route
Pertinent information such as days you visit, how long, do you have a vehicle or are you looking for a ride with someone, etc.
from eastside of detroit to ojibway correctional facility
looking to ride with someone. never been dont know route or anythingelse regarding hotel overnight stays
Old 07-05-2011, 08:02 PM

Looking to share a ride with someone from northerm mi, to muskegon. motel and all costs.
Old 08-28-2011, 10:22 AM

Default ride sharing to Marquette

I have a friend whose son is in the Marquette prison and is looking for someone to share a ride. She lives in the Jackson/Lansing area and wants to visit twice a month. One time leave on Sat. and visit Sunday and the other leave on Sunday and visit on Monday. Any one know anyone who might be interested. Thanks for your help.
Old 04-23-2012, 08:59 AM
Beloved First Lady

I'm planning a trip to Ojibway the first week in May
Old 05-05-2013, 11:32 AM
Counting the days...

Exclamation

I'm making a turnaround trip to Ojibway from May 18th -20th. No hotels, just driving through the night. Visit will be all day Sunday.

Just splitting gas, which should be about 50-75 depending on where you are. If you're interested, PM me.