Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > MICHIGAN > Michigan Prison & Jail Specific Discussions > Michigan Region I - West Prisons and Camps
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Michigan Region I - West Prisons and Camps Topics & discussion specific to these facilities: Alger Maximum CF, Baraga Maximum CF & Level I, Camp Cusino, Camp Kitwen, Camp Manistique, Marquette Branch Prisons, Ojibway CF, Camp Ottawa

Old 10-27-2008, 06:54 AM

I guess maybe I should ask him too, huh?

Sponsored Links
Old 10-29-2008, 05:02 PM

Shoot...Mike called this morning and woke me up from my Nyquil induced dreams and I totally forgot to ask him if he wants a copy put in his parole file. But I did remember to tell him that all night while tanked on Nyquil I was having some very bizarre dreams and in them I just wanted to do one thing no matter where we were.... He said we will need a case of the medicine so I am willing to do that thing when he gets out! hehe

Old 10-29-2008, 06:58 PM

I may be the odd man out here, but, IMO although the writing is excellent, the letter is far too long and filled with irrelevant details - they won't bother to read half of it. If you do send it, make it short and to the point and don't send it to anyone but the warden at Baraga.
Old 10-29-2008, 10:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmpdbd View Post
I may be the odd man out here, but, IMO although the writing is excellent, the letter is far too long and filled with irrelevant details - they won't bother to read half of it. If you do send it, make it short and to the point and don't send it to anyone but the warden at Baraga.
Dmpdbd, can you elaborate please? What parts/details do you consider irrelevant? Why not send it to anyone but the warden? Thanks!

Old 10-30-2008, 10:28 PM

Okay y'all. I asked Mike and he wants a copy to go to the parole board. Partly I wish I would haven't asked him. I just don't want to mess anything up...

Second, it appears I have stirred a controversy over that letter that was revoked. Mike's Arus is pissed at me for "stirring the pot" and him asking for a hearing over one of my letters and told him that the mail room has to practically employ a full time person because of me and people are sick of me writing and sending so much. And that we are both wasting the MDOC's time. WTH? Mike tells me not to worry about it, but I just don't want to do anything to cause trouble.

Third, my son is driving me insane with his fears. I had to finally lay down in bed with him at 11pm (after him laying in there since 8:30pm crying and not sleeping) to put him to sleep. And we have his bedroom light on, his bathroom light on, his playroom light on, and the hallway light on. Ugh...I'm not good at these things.

Lastly, since I'm on a roll here...Mike said he would call tonight so we could "talk" and then never called. What the heck do we have to "talk" about and then why the hell didn't he call? I'm kind of tired of the whole 'I'll call tonight' and then it doesn't happen.

Alright, have a great Friday y'all. I'm back to work tomorrow. Double

HAPPY HALLOWEEN!!!!

Old 10-31-2008, 07:06 AM

Sorry you have to go thru this j - and might I say it's a CROCK OF you-know-what that they say you are "sending too much stuff and writing too many letters" - that just sucks and it's a horrible thing for them to say

double

The Following User Says Thank You to LauraAK For This Useful Post:
jlzkmm (11-01-2008)
Old 10-31-2008, 02:49 PM
miles to go b4 I sleep
Donation Award 

Wow, have MDOC show you anywhere where it says how much mail they can receive!!!!! WTF!!!! I can't believe someone would say that. Sounds like some MDOC employees hate their job!! Mike definitely needs to file a grievance over that one.

Old 11-01-2008, 03:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tballa View Post
Wow, have MDOC show you anywhere where it says how much mail they can receive!!!!! WTF!!!! I can't believe someone would say that. Sounds like some MDOC employees hate their job!! Mike definitely needs to file a grievance over that one.
Since I had already read Mike the policy about mail and it never mentioned that there is a page limit nor did it mention the number of envelopes you receive he tossed that up to her during their talk and she told him they don't have to follow that policy, they have their own policy which outranks the Lansing policy and him filing a grievance over this entire thing and asking for a hearing over the rejected piece of mail is just a waste of MDOC's time.

Hmmm...I wonder if I call Lansing and ask them about Baraga's mail policy that outranks the State's policy what they would have to say! She is a sucky ARUS!

Old 11-01-2008, 03:59 PM

I thought the state policy always outranked the facility policy. Interesting. I'd surely be interested in what Lansing has to say.
Old 11-01-2008, 04:34 PM

Yeah, I think I'm going to be calling Monday...I've had it with Baraga. Of course now that I haven't heard from him since Thursday I'm worried.

Can I just say, I hate this game!!!!!!!!!!! UGH!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 11-01-2008, 05:25 PM
miles to go b4 I sleep
Donation Award 

Would definitely be interesting to hear if Baraga's policies outrank Lansing policies. I'm betting NOT!!

Old 11-01-2008, 05:38 PM

I agree.......

Old 11-02-2008, 12:03 AM

Alright, if my phone doesn't ring tomorrow I'm going to have a melt-down. Mike knows tomorrow is my worst day of the year so his behind better call or we may have some problems.

Old 11-02-2008, 02:19 PM

Well, my phone rang...actually woke me up almost in the PM. LOL It doesn't sound like things are any better for him than they are for me right now. He contributed in Phase II (something...don't know what yet) and then some jerk told others in the yard and he had 3 people come up to him and say something. He said he has to learn what to say and what not to because obviously this isn't just to help him it is to ridicule him too. I feel bad. Don't they get it? They are all in the same boat...I hate this I hate this I hate this... Hell, we haven't even made it a year in MDOC and days like today I feel like my heart has stopped.... I think I'm going to go take a nap....

Old 11-02-2008, 03:21 PM
miles to go b4 I sleep
Donation Award 

You hang in there girl!!! Things will get better!!!!! I hope he helped you get through today, which is what you needed him to do.

Old 11-02-2008, 07:53 PM

Thanks tballa...

I don't know if he helped me thru the day, but hey, at least i got a call. Maybe I'm expecting too much to expect him to remember today's date. It has been 5 years since the last time we were even speaking on the 2nd of November...

Old 11-03-2008, 08:50 AM

I wrote Mike last night and told him what I felt and what I thought was maybe going on. I told him I felt like we hadn't "clicked" since 10/19 (the last day of our visit). I told him I understood that I have been down a lot lately and that may be to blame and I apologize for that, but that I needed more from him too. I mailed that out today, along with probably about another 25 envelopes I'm sending to him with only 2-3 pages in each one because I want to be responsible for keeping that one staff worker employed. Heck, it is a bad economy and everyone should be able to keep their jobs if they can and if I have to, I will do my share to ensure that this person remains employed at least till '09. LMAO!

Old 11-03-2008, 10:36 AM
miles to go b4 I sleep
Donation Award 

He may be going through some depression too with the holidays coming up and maybe that's why you weren't feeling the "love" on your last visit. It could be that he knew he wouldn't see you until after the holidays and that's getting him down. I'm sure he loves you and he's not wanting to sound mopey on the phone so he just doesn't call.

Old 11-03-2008, 10:55 AM

tballa...you are probably correct. I know this year with the holidays is going to be really hard for him. His crime occurred on 12/24 and his b-day is 12/25. It is going to be really sucky. I'm trying to stay positive. It is just kind of hard at times.

On a brighter note I found the Deputy Director of Correctional Facilities and he is Dennis Straub. He is being copied on my letter and he is going to get a couple letters individually...especially since they shut off the hot water this weekend at Baraga. What is wrong with these idiots? Ugh.... I'm hoping I raise enough hell they move Mike to below the bridge! Think it will work?

Old 11-04-2008, 11:37 AM

"I'm hoping I raise enough hell they move Mike to below the bridge! Think it will work?"

LOL No
Old 11-04-2008, 02:01 PM

Well, thanks for at least making me laugh! LOL

Old 11-05-2008, 09:47 AM

Just wanted to give everyone an FYI, things are clicking better between us. He called yesterday and commented that I finally sound happy again. I guess I was bringing him down... Oh well...

Old 11-05-2008, 03:20 PM
miles to go b4 I sleep
Donation Award 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlzkmm View Post
Just wanted to give everyone an FYI, things are clicking better between us. He called yesterday and commented that I finally sound happy again. I guess I was bringing him down... Oh well...
Happens to all of us!! At least you know you have us crazy women to help you through!!

Old 11-05-2008, 10:35 PM

Default Thank you...

Quote:
Originally Posted by tballa View Post
Happens to all of us!! At least you know you have us crazy women to help you through!!
And just think how down I would be at times without you "crazy women"! Thank you!! You have no idea how much just knowing you are there helps me. Both on good days and bad days. Plus being surrounded by all of you, I know I'm equally crazy and that it is all good!!

The Following User Says Thank You to jlzkmm For This Useful Post:
tballa (11-09-2008)
Old 11-06-2008, 10:35 PM

Well, it sounded like this morning the fact that I sent at least 30 envelopes on Monday that Mike received last night is shaking things up, but for the good. They tried quoting the "policy language" about the limits, but they couldn't find numbers in that policy! Mike simply said, "That is my point." He was told that someone would look in to this and is going over his ARUS' head about it too.

Hmmm....I wonder if the fact that they received Mike's copy of my letter to the Warden helped too. LOL

Have a great Friday my faithful Baraga thread readers!