Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > MICHIGAN > Michigan Prison & Jail Specific Discussions > Michigan Region I - West Prisons and Camps
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Michigan Region I - West Prisons and Camps Topics & discussion specific to these facilities: Alger Maximum CF, Baraga Maximum CF & Level I, Camp Cusino, Camp Kitwen, Camp Manistique, Marquette Branch Prisons, Ojibway CF, Camp Ottawa

Old 01-22-2009, 10:59 PM

Default Ojibway CF Carpool and need information

I would like to go see Josh. I haven't been able to since May. It's been way too long. Anyway, if any one is planning a trip soon and would like to carpool let me know!
Sponsored Links
Old 01-28-2009, 06:51 PM

I've been making monthly trips to Ojibway since October. There's usually at least 3 of us women who share the cost of the trip. Believe me it saves us alot of money. We've been staying at a little hotel/lodge thats only 10minutes from the prison.
Old 01-29-2009, 08:24 AM

When will you be taking another trip to Ojibway?

Old 02-04-2009, 08:16 PM

I take I-75 all the way up from the Detroit area if anyone would like to ride with us. We will be heading up again next weekend.
solong2go (11-29-2014)
Old 02-08-2009, 10:18 AM

Default ojibway,first time going there,need info

will be my first time visiting my son at objibway cf, is there anything special I should know about, besides the very long drive from oakland county, he was at marquette ,level 1 , and was transfered there, hopeing this will help in his ERD of december, Marquette, is a dead in that pursuit, get out fast if you are there. What effect of the post riot in 2006, does this impact on the inmates now? Just want some general info ,what the place and Po are like there.

Last edited by jjsirishmom; 02-08-2009 at 10:19 AM..
Old 02-08-2009, 10:26 AM

I would also love info about the visitation stuff, and where do you stay that's close to the facility anyone? I think we're going the 16th -

Old 04-12-2009, 04:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Lost_In_Love* View Post
I take I-75 all the way up from the Detroit area if anyone would like to ride with us. We will be heading up again next weekend.
When is the next time that you are going to visit, I am coming from grand rapids will drive to meet you. I would really love to visit my husband.
Old 10-21-2009, 02:43 PM

Thumbs up Looking for someone to carpool with to ojibway, I'm coming from grand rapids, MI

Hi, I'm new to the site, well posting at least, I've been using it for information for quite some time now. My boyfriend is up in ojibway correctional facillity for a parole violation and I just did the 10 hour drive last weekend to see him and was wondering if anyone in Michigan would like to share a ride there sometime in October or November, it's a long ride and I wouldn't mind company lol. If anyone is interested feel free to e-mail me at ravensfall6@yahoo.com .
Thanks,
Brooke
The Following User Says Thank You to ravensfall For This Useful Post:
margietmp902 (10-21-2009)
Old 10-21-2009, 07:58 PM
Macomb county

Default Carpool to Ojibway - Great Idea

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravensfall View Post
Hi, I'm new to the site, well posting at least, I've been using it for information for quite some time now. My boyfriend is up in ojibway correctional facillity for a parole violation and I just did the 10 hour drive last weekend to see him and was wondering if anyone in Michigan would like to share a ride there sometime in October or November, it's a long ride and I wouldn't mind company lol. If anyone is interested feel free to e-mail me at ravensfall6@yahoo.com .
Thanks,
Brooke
I'm glad someone posted they would like company going to Ojibway. I went up there on 10/12 to be my boyfriends representative. He say Dr King. We are waiting for the decision now and don't have any idea when it will come. If he is still up there at Thanksgiving, I wanted to go up there and visit him. I have been thinking how I could do it. It cost me about 300 for the trip alone. On the way back I got a speeding ticket for going 5 over on I-75. Near Cadillac Mich. I went over a hill and was going over and they pulled right behind me, I was accessible to the police, there were cars going 90 or more all around me. Cost me $110.00 had to mail it off today. I am on disability and this was really a hardship. If you are interested in carpooling around Thanksgiving, let me know. I will be happy to split expenses. I spent the night in that Lodge where Bobbyswife stays when she goes. It was clean and only 10 minutes away from Ojibway. Good to hear someone would like to carpool.
Old 10-26-2009, 08:24 PM

My husband saw the parole board on Oct 12, what lodge do you recommend?
Old 10-27-2009, 12:22 AM
Macomb county

Quote:
Originally Posted by 900max View Post
My husband saw the parole board on Oct 12, what lodge do you recommend?
Hi There,

I stayed at the Skyview Lodge in Presque Isle, Wisconsin. It's just 10 minutes from Ojibway right down the road, a straight shot. It cost me 39.00 for the night I had his mother with me. so that rate was for two people. It is good to call there befoe you go and tell them you are visiting someone at Ojibay, they give you a special rate. It your interested send me another message and I will give you the phone number or you could look it up on the internet just type in the name and the state its in. I guess your loved one saw Dr king also. He was very sincere and kind.
Old 11-07-2009, 11:35 PM
Heavensdaughter

does any one go from wi? i would car pool with you to obijway =)
Old 11-19-2009, 03:29 PM

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by margietmp902 View Post
I'm glad someone posted they would like company going to Ojibway. I went up there on 10/12 to be my boyfriends representative. He say Dr King. We are waiting for the decision now and don't have any idea when it will come. If he is still up there at Thanksgiving, I wanted to go up there and visit him. I have been thinking how I could do it. It cost me about 300 for the trip alone. On the way back I got a speeding ticket for going 5 over on I-75. Near Cadillac Mich. I went over a hill and was going over and they pulled right behind me, I was accessible to the police, there were cars going 90 or more all around me. Cost me $110.00 had to mail it off today. I am on disability and this was really a hardship. If you are interested in carpooling around Thanksgiving, let me know. I will be happy to split expenses. I spent the night in that Lodge where Bobbyswife stays when she goes. It was clean and only 10 minutes away from Ojibway. Good to hear someone would like to carpool.
I am planning on going the day after Thanksgiving as well. I am interested in carpooling and have been to Ojibway on two different occasions and also got a ticket. So if anyone is still going and would like the company and split expenses please email me back at shayluv76@yahoo.com or send a reply. Thanks and have a beautiful day.

Shannon
Old 11-20-2009, 10:11 AM

Well it seems I'm going to be making some trips to Ojibway as soon as I get my visitation approved. He got transferred from Egeler last night and I'm sending my visitation app out in todays mail. I will check back soon to find out if I could possibly ride share with others in the future and plan on going up as soon as I can. I too am strapped for money and would be grateful to share the costs. I'm in Kalamazoo area and don't mind doing some of the driving and have a dependable small SUV.
Old 04-03-2010, 08:06 PM
[url=http://www.ticker.79

Default ojbiway

Quote:
Hello what are the dates you will be going up. and how much is it to carpool with you. My friend is up there, I was thinking about visiting him. Thanks.
Old 04-10-2010, 01:54 PM

Hi Ladies,

I am also interested in carpooling on the next trip to Ojibway. Havent seen my hubby in 6 months...I live near 75 south of Flint. When is the next trip?
Old 05-21-2010, 09:16 AM
Bored

How many people have boyfriends at Ojibway Corr. Facility,im the realy jealous type of girl and i dont want anyone to near my man
Old 06-05-2010, 04:25 PM
MISSES

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.A.D.E View Post
How many people have boyfriends at Ojibway Corr. Facility,im the realy jealous type of girl and i dont want anyone to near my man

Departing Detroit on Friday June 25th
Visiting on June 26th and June 27th
Departing Marenisco on June 27th arriving in Detroit on June 28th

Transportation.........car rental is not necessary, I will use my personal vehicle and drive(only stopping for gas when needed)
Gas cost............................ approximately 160.00 for the entire trip ( calculate gas cost on mapquest for accuracy, 23 mi per gallon)
Room and board.................. 105.00 PLUS TAX (one night) for two people, each additional person is 25.00 total cost will be divided equally.

NO SMOKING Please!

GAS MONEY AND ROOM FEE IS DUE AT THE START OF THE TRIP, THE ROOM WILL BE HELD ON MY DEBIT CARD AND ALL MONEY NOT USED FOR GAS WILL BE DIVIDED UP AND RETURNED TO TRAVELERS AT THE END OF THE TRIP. Please suggest another hotel or lodge if you know of one, this info is from Bear Nine Pines Resort it a 2 bedroom cabin with cable and a ktchen. Its a 2 bedroom but ut has appropriate sleeping arrangements

TOTAL COSTS (GAS AND ROOM AND BOARD)

2 PEOPLE..................................140.00

3 PEOPLE.................................. 105.00

4 PEOPLE..................................90.00
Old 03-06-2013, 09:03 PM

Ojibway? Anyone out there that carpools there???
Old 03-24-2013, 02:06 PM

Default share ride to Ojibway next weekend April 5th 2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tims<3girl View Post
Ojibway? Anyone out there that carpools there???
I might be driving from Grand Rapids to Ojibway next weekend. April 5th, 2013...
Old 03-25-2013, 12:35 PM

I want to go up there at that time too. When my husband was there before I went with other people too. We left on Thursday morning & left to come back home on Sunday morning. From where we live its a 9 hr drive.
Old 03-25-2013, 03:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaigeOnly View Post
I might be driving from Grand Rapids to Ojibway next weekend. April 5th, 2013...
Paige I would love to join you and share expenses! I am reliable but in Saginaw. How could I meet you to make this happen? Never carpooled before!
Old 03-25-2013, 06:23 PM

Bobby's wife were you able to visit on Thursday when you arrived? Did you get back on Sunday in the late afternoon. Just wondering? Trying to figure out childcare if get to join you?
Old 11-29-2014, 12:38 PM
Mrs. Sanders

Quote:
Originally Posted by Misses View Post
Departing Detroit on Friday June 25th
Visiting on June 26th and June 27th
Departing Marenisco on June 27th arriving in Detroit on June 28th

Transportation.........car rental is not necessary, I will use my personal vehicle and drive(only stopping for gas when needed)
Gas cost............................ approximately 160.00 for the entire trip ( calculate gas cost on mapquest for accuracy, 23 mi per gallon)
Room and board.................. 105.00 PLUS TAX (one night) for two people, each additional person is 25.00 total cost will be divided equally.

NO SMOKING Please!

GAS MONEY AND ROOM FEE IS DUE AT THE START OF THE TRIP, THE ROOM WILL BE HELD ON MY DEBIT CARD AND ALL MONEY NOT USED FOR GAS WILL BE DIVIDED UP AND RETURNED TO TRAVELERS AT THE END OF THE TRIP. Please suggest another hotel or lodge if you know of one, this info is from Bear Nine Pines Resort it a 2 bedroom cabin with cable and a ktchen. Its a 2 bedroom but ut has appropriate sleeping arrangements

TOTAL COSTS (GAS AND ROOM AND BOARD)

2 PEOPLE..................................140.00

3 PEOPLE.................................. 105.00

4 PEOPLE..................................90.00

Are you still making these trips?
Old 11-29-2014, 12:39 PM
Mrs. Sanders

Quote:

Are you still making these trips?