Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > LOUISIANA > Louisiana Parole, Probation, Work Release & Community Service
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Louisiana Parole, Probation, Work Release & Community Service All information relating to parole, probation, work release and community service in Louisiana should be posted here.

Old 06-14-2018, 08:17 PM

Default On Parole for DUI and out of state work

Hi I am out on parole for dui and am told Dui is max supervision only can never be lowered to minimum supervision. I did not run over anyone or hit anything no victims and in fact my car did not leave the road. I am working out of state in the oil fields in West Texas and fighting to just get a 30 day pass to go to work with Parole. The job I have there is no schedule my company expects you to stay from start to finish and that can last 2 months. Also the way the pay period is and falls in 9 months I have received 2 full pay checks only due to having to return on the 30 day pass.
I have a interlock device in my truck and no longer drink. I sure could not drink and drive with this in my vehicle anyhow. Is there any way to get longer work pass? This is too much driving which I don’t get hourly pay for but 30 cents a mile does cover the gas. I have been out 9 months now and have had no dealings with law enforcement in any way. I need and want to work and have the job for it. My boss man told me they can call him anytime they want and ask anything. I fight tooth and nail just to get 30 day pass. Today I was unable to get one to go to work. My fees are paid u, full coverage insurance maintained interlock device paid. I am 60 years old and limited on just going and finding another job. My heath is not that great to pass physical and then I have felony dui record and a lot of places won’t hire me for that reason. I have a son with Autism that needs help and I have to feed him. They told me today transfer to Texas since I work over there. But I work offshore and in fact just did offshore here in Louisiana job. I am very frustrated and I am only trying to do the right thing. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I don’t know what to do anymore on it. Thanks for reading…
Sponsored Links
Old 06-14-2018, 11:32 PM
Crazy Cajun Super Moderator

PTOQ Editorial Team Member PTO Super Moderator 

Donation Award 

Thanked 18,272 Times in 7,144 Posts

I wish I knew what to tell you. The only suggestion I have is to go over your PO's head to his supervisor. I mean, after all, you can't drive your vehicle without blowing into the device, so I don't see what their problem is.

Old 06-18-2018, 10:20 PM

Thanked 1,541 Times in 615 Posts

That does stink. Finding a job is tough with any type of conviction & then add restrictions on top & you're really sunk.
I attended a criminal justice reform summit in Baton Rouge back in 2016. Jimmy LeBlanc & Senator Danny Martiny were part of the event. I was impressed with both of their attitudes on the need for reentry assistance for those trying to turn their lives around. I would suggest reaching out to Senator Martiny for help (http://senate.la.gov/senators/senpage.asp?SenID=10). I know he's probably busy with the budget mess but it's worth a shot. It shows he is on the Judiciary committee so he might can help you get the ok to travel for work. Since you have a monitoring device, that should be a good way of knowing what you are or aren't doing.
I hope you get some help. Don't give up trying.
The Following User Says Thank You to GaReform For This Useful Post:
joybubby (06-20-2018)
Old 06-19-2018, 09:41 AM
attorney

Thanked 21,472 Times in 7,511 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by LifeTraveler View Post
I wish I knew what to tell you. The only suggestion I have is to go over your PO's head to his supervisor. I mean, after all, you can't drive your vehicle without blowing into the device, so I don't see what their problem is.
Plenty of people have found ways around that device, just saying. I'm very happy the OP has decided not to drink, but the stats on drunk drivers and how many times they get behind the wheel intoxicated before they are finally caught are sobering. i had one client say that the only reason that he was caught was because he had a tail light out - he felt he was a superb driver drunk, buzzed, or sober. The fact of the matter is that people who drink and drive are hazards to the rest of us.

Sorry for the OP's predicament, but driving to parole is much better than sitting in prison or jail. If he's going to live and work in Texas, he should switch his supervision to Texas.

Besides, it is highly unlikely this is a first offense. Just saying.
Old 06-20-2018, 08:41 PM

First of all I'm sorry to hear of all this and, as you know by now DUI law / supervisor restriction etc have two primary purpose, to collect revenue and to keep folks "down" so they eventually reoffend and collect more revenue. I hope the Senator help u but in general. I don't know