Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > FLORIDA > Florida Prisons & Jails > Florida - Region 2 Facilities
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Florida - Region 2 Facilities Discussion and information for the following facilities:: Baker CI, Columbia CI, Columbia Annex, Cross City CI, FL State Prison, FL State Prison – West, Hamilton CI, Hamilton Annex, Lake City CF, Lancaster CI, Lawtey CI, Lowell CI, Lowell Annex, Lowell Reception Center, Madison CI, Marion CI, Mayo Annex, Putnam CI, RMC-Main, RMC-W, Suwannee CI, Suwannee Annex, Tomoka CI, Union CI

Old 10-19-2007, 09:56 PM

My boyfriend is there also... its where they get evaluated and they usually should be out in 4-6 weeks. they are given tests to see which prison they should transfer to and their level they will be on.... my boyfreind has been in there since september 4... he is taking longer because he is a youth offender and has special circumstances only being 19.... the phone takes up to 2 weeks and no longer... u can write and send pictures but can't visit until they are in their regular assigned prison... I hope I have been a help... and maybe this will make u happy but the phone calls can go up to 15 minutes and for the full 15 it only costs 4.23 ... at least it does for me and i live in west palm florida but in county it cost 6.27 for each call so this is way cheaper!!!
Old 11-30-2007, 09:52 AM

Question RMC-Main WHAT is it???

Could someone help me please? I would like to find out what this
place is and why they send someone there. It says it's a hospital
on the website. He just got out of county jail. I didn't know he
was sick, but someone had said they thought he was put in medical
before he left for this place. ANY info is much appreciated.
Also is this a transition stop off or do they STAY at this place?
Thank you!!
Old 11-30-2007, 01:05 PM

Oh, he was sentenced to DOC, so I know that much.
I was just not expecting it to be a hospital facility or
whatever it is.
Hope somebody answers.
Old 12-01-2007, 01:34 PM

Default rmc main

rmc is the reception center where they check them into doc. medical and phsycological tests will be done there to see where they will send him.sometimes they let them stay there to work. my son has been there for two years now it usually takes about a month .hope this helps
Old 12-06-2007, 09:32 PM

Do you know how long they stay there? Are they allowed phone calls? My dad just got there today! I put money in his account...how will he know it is in there?
Old 12-06-2007, 09:36 PM

Wow, do we need to get phone cards for them or can they use them at RMC
Old 12-12-2007, 10:20 PM
Donation Award 

Default Hello All

I have read all the posts relating to RMC.... And I am thankful there are others out there willing to open up and talk. My bf just got tranx from county to RMC main. I just wanted to talk to others who can relate. I'm just wondering if anyone is still coming to this site and replying to the messages.
Thanks in Advance,
MslSmith
Old 12-13-2007, 12:19 PM

i come evey day to this site...but my dad just went to RMC-Main unit last Thursday. I keep asking question and someone always answers them. Good luck. I am willing to share anything I know which is not much though.
Old 12-14-2007, 05:28 AM

Default rmc main

hi ladies if you need more info maybe i can help just ask here or feel free to pm me
Old 12-16-2007, 12:56 AM
Donation Award 

Well my bf/fiance was transferred there about 3 weeks sgo. I still have not heard from him yet. No call, no letter. When he was at county I already had a Global Tel Link acct thru my cell phone number. Will they not allow him to call a cell phone number. I just don't understand what is taking so long. Also he is in Main. Is there a diff between main and west. Are main inmates not allowed phone calls. He is not new to DOC either so what would be taking so long.
Old 12-16-2007, 12:34 PM

mslsmith rmc west is where they usually go first then on to their perm location. unless they are full.then they send some to rmc main to wait for room at their perm location wich could be there as well
Old 12-16-2007, 12:39 PM

sorry forgot. yes they are allowed phone calls once his phone list has been approved.but i dont think so in the west unit. i could be wrong about the west units calls though
Old 12-16-2007, 08:54 PM
Donation Award 

Thanku Strat, I finally got a letter. But he doesn't know whats going on with his phone list or if they're going to transfer him. I am just really happy I got a letter finally. I was so worried he was not ok. This is so hard for me. I miss him so much like everyone else misses there loved one. I wish I could go to sleep until he gets out.
Old 12-25-2007, 08:58 PM

Default Overnight letter to RMC West

I need to get a letter to my dad ...Does anyone know if I can Overnight a Letter from USPS to the him...Will they give it to him?
Old 12-25-2007, 10:13 PM

never mind I got the answer...Thanks
Old 02-06-2008, 04:18 AM

So, this friend of mine asked me to write to a guy who is his friend and I see now that the fellow has been transferred from marion County jail in Ocala to RMC Main. Can he get letters there?

He's been sentenced and has a release date in May 09. He's been in RMX Main for about 2 weeks now. How long is he likely to be there? if I send him mail there, if he moves, will it follow him?

Since my other friend appears to have been released from County yesterday (yay!), I figured I have all these stamps and postcards, I might as well try and send some cheer to his pal.
Old 02-06-2008, 09:09 PM

can u over nite a letter to soemone there?
Old 02-07-2008, 05:29 PM
I love my friend

Lightbulb

yes, you can but it's processed the same as regular mail. So the inmate get it when they feel like giving it to him/her. I've sent stuff before overnite/next day and the inmate got it days later. So don't waste your money.

Old 02-09-2008, 02:09 PM

He'll be at RMC for between 3-6 weeks, unless he has a medical problem that has to be resolved. Yes you can send mail. And yes it will be forwarded for a week or two after he transfers (the regs say 30 days), but magazines and newspapers that cost to forward won't be.
Old 07-11-2008, 04:12 PM

Default RMC Main

My Husband is at RMC Main . We are not new to the system at all; he's been in prison for twelve years. But I'm really worried about the time he will have to spend at this camp.

The place seems a little crazy to me, although he won't tell me much because he doesn't want me to worry. He called and told me that he probably couldn't call back because they lock them in their cells for the night at 8:00pm count. How crazy is that? He said that they get locked in their cells after every meal and after recreation too. There is no television and they end up spending most of their time locked down. He had to skip dinner just to be able to call me so that I wouldn't be worried about not hearing from him. While we were on the phone, they were all told to lock down....it was 5:45pm - guess the guards don't want to have to deal with them or something.....how do they get away with this? In all our years, I have never heard of anything like this.....
Old 07-14-2008, 07:32 AM

Really? My man is at RMC right now and he hasnt told me anything like that- he's made phone calls at 7pm 9pm and 10pm, lock down is after 11pm. On the wknds they stay up later too. He says the food is much better, the watch TV and its not the Hallmark channel either. Maybe bc mine is still in reception, and theyre not as strict? Im not sure.
Maybe our mistakes are what make our fate. Without them, what would shape our lives? Perhaps if we never veered off course, we wouldn't fall in love, or have babies, or be who we are. After all, seasons change. So do cities. People come into your life and people go. But it's comforting to know the ones you love are always in your heart.-s&tc
Old 07-15-2008, 03:02 PM

I sent an email to the RMC administration on Sunday and he was moved to a regular open bay dorm on Monday. The assistant warden called me & responded to my email. So everything is good.

For some reason, it's only that particular dorm...I have no idea why & didn't care to ask why...I only cared about him being in a regular open population dorm instead of being locked down 19 hours a day.
Old 09-11-2008, 04:25 PM
Closed

Default RMC West (Lake Butler, FL)

Just wondering if anybody else out there has a man at the RMC West unit in Lake Butler. My man has been there for 2 weeks and just kind of wondering how long it takes for them to classify him and send him to camp?

Are we allowed visits?

Any horrer stories aobut the place?

Thanks!

**If anyone else has messages please post cause I migh know something, lol! **
Old 09-11-2008, 09:49 PM

It took about four weeks for my man to be transfered between RMC Main and West, he is now in Gainesville, there are no visits at Lake Butler. There are people that have been waiting a lot longer for a transfer. I live in Pensacola and he was transferred five and a half hours away. I am going for the first time next week.
Old 09-20-2008, 09:53 AM

3-4 weeks, unless he has to do medical/dental things or has a special need. (West is usually just for those with medical needs, but sometimes people get put there for a while because of something else.)

No visits during processing, but if the inmate is there longer than usual, you may be able to visit.

Usually a pretty laid back place, with lots and lots of waiting. They can call, however, as soon as they get it set up which takes a couple of weeks.