Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > FLORIDA > Florida General Prison Talk, Introductions & Chit Chat
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Florida General Prison Talk, Introductions & Chit Chat Topics & Discussions relating to Prison & the Criminal Justice System in Florida that do not fit into any other Florida subforum category. Please feel free to also introduce yourself to other members in the state and talk about whatever topics come to mind that may not have anything to do with prison.

Old 06-09-2004, 03:35 PM
Gods beauty

Default Approval Florida visitation form?

i need to know about approval to see a inmate you see my husband sister want to go with me to see her brother for fathers day he has sent her a visitation form to fill out however she has a felony dated back to 1996 for aggravated battery she hasn't been in trouble since then but before she can go with me I just wanted to know if they will deny her visitation rights just curious here thats all

When God saids go on I will.
Sponsored Links
Old 06-09-2004, 08:11 PM

did she do DOC/jail time for the charge? I dont suspect that if she did not serve time she should be denied, though even if she did, they will make their decision on the severity of her crime. Aggravated Battery in Florida is an F2 (felony of the second degree), though I am not sure if it was that in 1996...you know how they always like to change things up on us and make the laws and sentencing guidelines more outrageous than they already are!) The DOC site states: "Possessing a criminal record will not automatically disqualify you for visitation. The nature, extent, and recency of criminal offenses are taken into consideration."

Let's finish them this time boys!!
WooHoo!!
Old 06-09-2004, 08:34 PM
Gods beauty

she didn't serve time for the crime she was place on probation and did her 18 months with no problem

Old 06-09-2004, 09:16 PM

I am sure that they will get an NCIC report on her and see that, I can't see that they would hold that against her for approval, but that truly is just my opinion. Being that it is her only conviction and she did her probation w/o violating it says something in itself (a good thing ) I hope that she gets approved, please let us know!

Let's finish them this time boys!!
WooHoo!!
Old 06-21-2004, 08:29 AM
Gods beauty

just writing to let you guys know that my sister was approved friday so made it in time of fathers day and would like to say thank you all for listening you are truly a blessing in my life right about now

thanks