Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > FOR FAMILY & FRIENDS > Husbands & Boyfriends in Prison
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Husbands & Boyfriends in Prison For everyone who has a husband, boyfriend or male partner incarcerated.

View Poll Results: how long have you been waiting for you man to get home?
1month-1yr 747 34.42%
1-3yrs 676 31.15%
3-6yrs 331 15.25%
6 or more years 416 19.17%
Voters: 2170. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-01-2018, 08:12 PM

Met my bf in September 2016, he went back in not long after that for parole violation, he got out 90 days, and when he got out his PO didn't have his interstate compact ready like she said she did, long story short his new PO thought everything was good with the interstate compact and it then wasn't, and his old PO ended up saying he violated his parole even though he had been in contact with both old and new PO....So he just handed himself in just to get it all over with so he could move on with his life and get it done. He's out mid May and he'll have about a few months left of Parole and then its over with 100% and no looking back.

Oh and the bf found out the PO that messed up his Interstate compact and a bunch of other things, including stuff with what would have been his new PO....supposedly she got into huge trouble and ultimately fired, turns out he wasn't the only one....but....they still didn't fix it and the guys ended up having to there 90 days.
The Following User Says Thank You to char_hart80 For This Useful Post:
Sarianna (04-02-2018)
Sponsored Links
Old 04-14-2018, 10:48 AM
Hannah & Jimmy

He's been in for a little over 4 mo. We met before incarceration but didn't get together until after he was already in. I knew this was the time he needed the most love and support. His early release date is Sep 13th, 2019 (Basically he'll be serving a year and a half) so we did get lucky. Even if it were longer than that, I'd be there for him, no doubt in my mind.
Old 04-15-2018, 03:05 AM
Embrace Your Wild ⭐️
Donation Award 

Thanked 4,841 Times in 2,089 Posts

We are MWI and met as pen pals at the end of 2014....became a couple after being friends first for nearly a year. He was released last summer but got arrested after just a short time in freedom. I made the decision to stay with him - I know it doesn't make sense to most people, but that's fine & understandable. I'm not looking for validation or disapproval....I've always made decisions based on my own judgment and sometimes I suffer the consequences, sometimes I'm spot on He's just been sentenced and is going back to state prison for couple of years - so we'll be doing another bid together.

My life has never been on hold for him so the word "waiting" doesn't really feel right to me personally...but of course it is that in a sense. We have plans during this bid and if they materialise it will move things along for us, and hopefully the next time he gets out we have a better plan ready. I'm a pretty strong person and I don't have any delusions about this so...I know it's possible that things won't work out. But, whatever will be will be and I believe I will be okay regardless.

Old 04-15-2018, 12:53 PM
His Since 2006

He has been in for 10 years... together for 12... I have been by his side off and on, but non stop the last 3. (Some times we break up for a year lol )

Old 04-21-2018, 04:37 AM
Married May 27, 2017!
Donation Award 

So far, almost 8 years. It's a long story. I've loved him since I was 12 but lost him at 17 when he moved away and his parents forbade contact with me (because homeschoolers aren't supposed to date.) At 20 I tried finding him and telling him I loved him but his parents told me he was dead. The reality was he was already in prison.

I found out the truth about this time 8 years ago. I think that it was his birthday and I just felt this burning desire to find him. Because you know how parents usually have practically a shrine to a dead child? His parents wiped him from their existence, and that didn't go with him being DEAD.

I'd exhausted searching social media for him- and he wasn't the type to avoid it if he had access to it. So I paid for a search for him. And it turned out he was in prison.

So that was 2010. I wrote- he took about 5 months to respond. I was married at the time, fortunately my (now late) husband realized it was important for me to find him and write him.

So I wrote him as friends for two years and then feelings seeped in. We count our relationship as having started December 2012, when we first exchanged "I love yous." I was still married to my late husband at the time and I honestly would never have left him for M. But my late husband was terminally ill and he was fine with the non-physical romantic relationship that M and I had, because he was glad that when he died I wouldn't be alone.

April 2016 my late husband died, I visited M for the first time on June 24th that same year. He officially proposed then, though he'd done so in a letter in 2013. We married May 27, 2017.

September 2017 he got out into a halfway house. October 10th a no-contact order was placed on us. He has unfortunately, due to issues with his ADD and missing too many assignments, not made it through the halfway house process and is in jail awaiting a placement in prison once more. He is a lifer.

I have no clue how long I will be riding, but I WILL be riding this until he finally can come home to me.

As for me- where I live is not home. My home is with him. I come home when I'm in that visiting room with him. Strange but true.
Old 07-26-2018, 06:32 PM
Patiently Waiting on Big

I have been waiting on my boo for 10 months, I have 14 more to go. Happily waiting for September 2019. We were together before he made this poor choice of domestic violence.
Old 07-30-2018, 08:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ybrady72 View Post
I have been waiting on my boo for 10 months, I have 14 more to go. Happily waiting for September 2019. We were together before he made this poor choice of domestic violence.
I feel ya hon I have been waiting for 3 years so far and have 2 more years to go can't wait to see him again
Old 07-14-2019, 05:06 PM

Been together for 4.5 years. He's been in jail for 10 months already and just got into a program that cuts his 3-year sentence down to just 6 months for being a first time and non-violent offender. I've been there for him for the last 10 months and plan to stay for the next 6... However, this is the ONLY time I'll be waiting if he ever gets sent back again.
Old 07-22-2019, 09:57 PM

1 year and a half- he proposed to me at 19 and I said no, I wanted to go to college and make something of my life other than being married and having babies at that age. After 20 years apart we reconnected. He's spent a good 10 years total in the system on and off. I got my degree and have made a good life for myself. He was supposed to be paroled last year he was doing so well but then got caught with a phone and here we are a year and a half later. Parole denied. I am starting to get frustrated with how long this is taking, not only how long but how much it is costing me. Not just in money but I feel like I am missing out on life.
I love him but also want to go do things. I want to have someone to hold and hug. To go do things with me. I feel like I am trapped at home. I'm always alone. I sometimes regret getting the phone connected because if I miss a call he gets mad. I am glad that he has gotten back into God! I wanted him to but now I feel he has gone overboard and even talking to him about certain things has become difficult.
I am trying my best to stay positive but it is really difficult. I feel I am starting to resent him for this situation. I feel like I am in prison too.

Last edited by XNDI; 07-22-2019 at 10:00 PM..
The Following User Says Thank You to XNDI For This Useful Post:
jessesgirl1111 (07-23-2019)
Old 07-23-2019, 05:29 AM
Donation Award 

Quote:
Originally Posted by XNDI View Post
1 year and a half- he proposed to me at 19 and I said no, I wanted to go to college and make something of my life other than being married and having babies at that age. After 20 years apart we reconnected. He's spent a good 10 years total in the system on and off. I got my degree and have made a good life for myself. He was supposed to be paroled last year he was doing so well but then got caught with a phone and here we are a year and a half later. Parole denied. I am starting to get frustrated with how long this is taking, not only how long but how much it is costing me. Not just in money but I feel like I am missing out on life.
I love him but also want to go do things. I want to have someone to hold and hug. To go do things with me. I feel like I am trapped at home. I'm always alone. I sometimes regret getting the phone connected because if I miss a call he gets mad. I am glad that he has gotten back into God! I wanted him to but now I feel he has gone overboard and even talking to him about certain things has become difficult.
I am trying my best to stay positive but it is really difficult. I feel I am starting to resent him for this situation. I feel like I am in prison too.
Im sorry youre feeling this way right now. Ive been thru that rollercoaster of emotions too. But at the end of each day I still want it to be him Im doing it all with and couldnt live without him. It takes a strong women to be the outmate. Just take one day at a time. Being busy helps! I literally made a painting yesterday with my dogs paws that looks like a flower garden lol... whatever does it right stay strong sis, you got this.

Id like to think that women are Gods, because we resurrect men. We lift them up so high they almost start to believe they can live without us.

Old 08-11-2019, 12:32 PM
❤️784❤️
Donation Award 

He's been in a total of 14 years between county & prison, will have done 16 when he gets out. Will have waited 2 when he gets released.

Old 08-11-2019, 05:15 PM

It's been almost a year for us so far, and we've got about 3.5 to go. In that time I'll be busy finishing up my JD and starting my career so hopefully time will fly. It's already gone by so fast. I met my MWI in person Saturday, and will be spending until Wednesday with him... and it's exceeded my expectations. I've never felt so sure and so in love and so set on a future. But yeah I digress - I never thought I'd say this but I'm ride or die.
Old 08-12-2019, 02:57 PM

Almost a year and we have about 25 years to go. A long time
Saying that I also don't want anyone else. I love him and he is the one so I guess I got a whole life ahead of me to ride with him
Old 06-12-2020, 03:41 PM
Donation Award 

Its been a few years, and damn sorry to read so many folks having to endure many more years. I have 32 days left. I would wait much longer if I had to and we were originally looking at much more time. 32 freaking more days. I am really trippin.
Old 06-12-2020, 10:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by studebaker71 View Post
Its been a few years, and damn sorry to read so many folks having to endure many more years. I have 32 days left. I would wait much longer if I had to and we were originally looking at much more time. 32 freaking more days. I am really trippin.

aw, now that's a blessing that the both of you,do not have to do after all more time "together,from behind bars."

I'm sure your happy as can be, and i pray chica, it work out for you,
god bless, hugs and blessings, studebaker 71...
adios.g-night.
Lead with your MIND + not your heart.

The Following User Says Thank You to a.rare.love For This Useful Post:
studebaker71 (06-14-2020)
Old 06-13-2020, 08:47 AM

I mean, this is just what we are now. The future is so up in the air at this point it's ridiculous. I wish I knew more, but I don't. I couldn't imagine being with anyone else, don't want to be with anyone else. I'm his. He's mine. Period. He will eventually get out. That much is known. It rips my heart in two everytime I think about it, but it will eventually happen. In the meantime, I take what I can get. I'm making plans now to move to where he's housed so I can visit him every weekend. That's going to be difficult as I will have to get a license in his state, etc in order to teach, and as any teacher will tell you, the culture of the locale determines a LOT of how you handle yourself in the classroom, so needless to say, I'm scared shitless. I graduate next May. I tried to do my student teaching in his state but it didn't work out. Let's face it, with the world going to hell in a handbasket, very little does right now. So yeah, fresh outta college, moving to a new state to TEACH-no, nothing to be scared of, not at all. I'm over 40 too, so I know all the bad 20 something's don't think about. But I'm also open to suggestions and help 20 somethings aren't, so hopefully the good will outweigh the bad. Wow-I really rambled there-did I mention I have ADD? lol
Old 06-28-2020, 09:30 PM

It's been since 2013 - and I intend to ride with him until his max sentencing (2048).
Old 09-25-2020, 12:17 AM

Ive been doing this with him 16 years. I wouldnt wish this life on anyone. Its been really heartbreaking.

every moment together is a blessingand I have faith that he's coming home soon!
Old 09-25-2020, 09:05 AM

Mr. S is my soulmate and we plan on remarrying when his bid is done in approximately four years.