Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > FEDERAL PRISON SYSTEM > Federal Prisons > Alderson Federal Prison Camp
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Alderson Federal Prison Camp Topics & Discussions relating to the Federal Prison Camp for women in Alderson, West Virginia.

Old 09-25-2015, 07:11 PM

Default Surrendering to Alderson Federal Prison Camp AND I'm 16 weeks pregnant

I turn myself in october 5th i have 48 months to serve, my judge requested the drug program and its in my psi so will i get in? Also being that im pregrant does that afffect anything? Help please...can i stay there while pregrant
Sponsored Links
Old 09-26-2015, 09:41 AM
Site Moderator

PTO Site Moderator Staff Superstar Winner 

Donation Award 

Thanked 19,233 Times in 11,316 Posts

Welcome to Prison Talk. Being assigned to the residential drug abuse program, RDAP, usually happens near the end of your sentence (after the baby is born?). Make sure that your unit team knows that you are interested in taking RDAP. A judge's recommendation, coupled with documentation in your presentence investigation report of a recent substance abuse problem should get you accepted into RDAP. Your sentence length can qualify for an additional one year off of your 48 month sentence (you will already earn 188 days of regular good time), and 6 months in a HWH at the end of your remaining time. Some crimes/situations allow you to take RDAP, but not be eligible to earn any extra time off for successfully completing it, so that is one thing you should find out.
Old 09-26-2015, 10:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fbopnomore View Post
welcome to prison talk. Being assigned to the residential drug abuse program, rdap, usually happens near the end of your sentence (after the baby is born?). Make sure that your unit team knows that you are interested in taking rdap. A judge's recommendation, coupled with documentation in your presentence investigation report of a recent substance abuse problem should get you accepted into rdap. Your sentence length can qualify for an additional one year off of your 48 month sentence (you will already earn 188 days of regular good time), and 6 months in a hwh at the end of your remaining time. Some crimes/situations allow you to take rdap, but not be eligible to earn any extra time off for successfully completing it, so that is one thing you should find out.

is there a reason why you get the rdap at the end of your sentence? Is the program done in jail or out? Also i was told you get 2 months off each year? Do you know if ill be able to stay at alderson until my baby is born? I was told they have a mint program that allows you to have the baby then stay for 3 months to 12 months to bond with the child
Old 09-26-2015, 01:44 PM
Site Moderator

PTO Site Moderator Staff Superstar Winner 

Donation Award 

Thanked 19,233 Times in 11,316 Posts

RDAP is a residential program held inside quite a few different bop prisons. It is scheduled at the bop's discretion, but that usually means you are scheduled with just enough time left to complete the program and your sentence, minus the extra time off if you qualify.
http://www.bop.gov/policy/progstat/5330_011.pdf

All federal prison sentences earn 47 days good time for each 12 months of the initial sentence. For many years there have been efforts to increase that to 54 days, but it hasn't happened yet.

I don't have any information about the mint program, or how much time the bop allows new moms to bond with their babies.

Last edited by fbopnomore; 09-26-2015 at 01:46 PM..
The Following User Says Thank You to fbopnomore For This Useful Post:
PEARL4210 (09-26-2015)
Old 09-28-2015, 07:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PEARL4210 View Post
I turn myself in october 5th i have 48 months to serve, my judge requested the drug program and its in my psi so will i get in? Also being that im pregrant does that afffect anything? Help please...can i stay there while pregrant
Hey inbox me im self surrender to there on Oct 8th may help both of us if we know someone before we go in.
Old 09-29-2015, 05:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PEARL4210 View Post
Here is info i found out about mint if u still haven't found any information.

e BOP offers a community residential program called Mothers and Infants Nurturing Together (MINT) for women who are pregnant at the time of commitment. The MINT program is based in a residential reentry center and promotes bonding and enhanced parenting skills for low-risk female inmates who are pregnant. Women are eligible to enter the program if they are in their last three months of pregnancy, have less than five years remaining to serve on their sentence, and are eligible for furlough. Prior to the birth, the mother must make arrangements for a custodian to take care of the child. Institution and MINT staff and community social service agencies may aid the inmate in finding an appropriate placement for the child. The inmate or a guardian must assume financial responsibility for the child’s medical care while residing at MINT. The mother has three months to bond with the newborn child before returning to an institution to complete her sentence. In select MINT programs, the inmate may stay for an additional period of bonding with the child. The decision to refer an inmate to the MINT program is at the discretion of the inmate's unit team.

Inmates in this program participate in pre- and post-natal classes on such topics as childbirth, parenting, and coping skills. In addition to services specifically related to parenting, MINT sites also offer chemical dependency treatment, physical and sexual abuse counseling, budgeting classes, and vocational and educational programs.
The Following User Says Thank You to krutling For This Useful Post:
fbopnomore (09-29-2015)