Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > FEDERAL PRISON SYSTEM > Federal Prisons > Alderson Federal Prison Camp
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Alderson Federal Prison Camp Topics & Discussions relating to the Federal Prison Camp for women in Alderson, West Virginia.

Old 03-04-2011, 01:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by karijean View Post
I will be coming to Alderson prison in about 6 months and I smoke will I still be able to smoke there? Dont think I will be able to handle not smoking please let me know asap
It's smoke-free for inmates. I hope you've been trying to quit.
Sponsored Links
Old 03-04-2011, 01:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bev090910 View Post
There is no smoking...period. Of course the officers smoke in front of the inmates, but you can't. I just came home 2 months ago from two years at Alderson. I would be happy to help you with info.
I'm reporting 3/15 and worried about how they will handle my disabilities. At home I use a combination of electric scooter, bariatric rollator, and hiking sticks -- plus use temperpedic bed to keep from cramping due to advanced fibromyalgia. The judge sentenced me to time in prison, not physical torture.
Old 09-15-2011, 09:01 PM

do anyone know if tamara barkly(case manager) or don williams(unit manager) still at alderson w.v.
Old 09-17-2011, 01:38 PM

Cool alderson,w.v.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjanet96 View Post
do anyone know if tamara barkly(case manager) or don williams(unit manager) still at alderson w.v.
Old 10-10-2011, 10:01 AM

Default Reply

Hi I recently just got back from doing at year there in Alderson. I used to get visit all of the time. You can have up to 4 adults and any amount of children at one time. You can visit as many days as you want to. Visit are Friday, Saturday, Sunday and Mondays .....Friday ar 11-6 and every other day is 8-3. You can stay the entire time and the visit areas are very casual, just a bunch of rooms and people just hang around and visit with their families. Bring lots of change to feed your inmate, they will love to eat real food during visit. Ask me anything you want and I will try to help you out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by miss upset View Post
Could anyone give me any information about Alderson fpc? Such as : how many can visit at one time? how long can you visit at one time? Please if anyone can answer these questions or can give me any other type of info that we need to know about the place please, please contact me asap. we have not had our first visit but have millions of questions and thoughts. Thanks
Old 10-10-2011, 10:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjanet96 View Post

they are not, i just got home form there
Old 10-01-2012, 12:13 PM

How do I private message you on here? Im new on here
Old 10-02-2012, 05:07 AM

Staff Superstar Winner 

Donation Award 

Thanked 5,202 Times in 2,543 Posts

To send a private message (PM), click on the user name, then select the send private message option.
Old 05-18-2013, 12:47 PM

Default Plz Help!

Hello. I need any & all info on Alderson & any info about how to get transfered. I really need to help my sister plz!!
Old 05-18-2013, 12:55 PM

In order to request transfer there must be a serious reason. For most transfers you have to have completed 18 months of your sentence. I was at Alderson and all ill say is that transfers were mainly for medical reasons, and prisons have to have room for you (even if you are trying to transfer for non-medical issues). Alderson is one of the better facilities if your healthy but medical treatment was not up to par - they had just got a new medical director right before I left. I know it's a tough time, but hang in there.
Old 12-20-2015, 12:14 AM

I need some advice on visiting. I was at Alderson for 5 months. I'm home now but while I was there I met the woman that I want to spend the rest of my life with. The only thing is since were not related and I was an inmate at Alderson, I can't go back to visit. Which sucks. Does anyone know any way around this? I have been officially denied, I got the letter today. She has 5 more years there. Any help would be much appreciated.
So far I have mailed a letter to the Assistant Warden. He is the one that sent the denial letter.
Old 12-20-2015, 09:23 AM
Site Moderator

PTO Site Moderator Staff Superstar Winner 

Donation Award 

Thanked 19,252 Times in 11,327 Posts

Appealing the denial through the prison, as you have already done, sometimes brings a different result. If not, some members have continued to file new visiting applications every few months, and have eventually been approved.
Old 08-15-2017, 12:37 PM

I am self surrendering Sept 14 2017. Just a little worried about the facility. Hoping this is where they send me.
Old 08-15-2017, 05:55 PM
Site Moderator

PTO Site Moderator Staff Superstar Winner 

Donation Award 

Thanked 19,252 Times in 11,327 Posts

Welcome to Prison Talk. Here is a link to a 37 page PTO sticky about all minimum security camps that house females. The security level (the lower the better) and how you act (inmate etiquette) make the biggest difference in how you will be received by the other inmates and staff.,
http://www.prisontalk.com/forums/sho...=50568&page=37

Last edited by fbopnomore; 08-16-2017 at 04:20 AM..
Old 11-02-2017, 05:06 PM

Default Self surrendering November 16, 2017

Does anybody have any up to date info on Alderson FPC. I have searched everything I could find on the internet unless someone a different site I could visit that would have new information