Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > ARKANSAS > Arkansas General Prison Talk, Introductions and Chit Chat
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Arkansas General Prison Talk, Introductions and Chit Chat Topics & Discussions relating to Prison & the Criminal Justice System in Arkansas that do not fit into any other Arkansas subforum. Please feel free to also introduce yourself to other members in the state and talk about whatever topics come to mind in addition to prison.

Old 11-25-2008, 02:24 PM
Looking to and for help!

Default Desperately seeking a job!

Hello!
I have been a member of Prison Talk for a long time now and now I desperately am in need of help. I have tried all the usual places, Prison Ministries, Salvation Army, etc. to no avail.
I am an ex-offender in dire straits! I have been released from the Arkansas Department of Corrections since 2001. I was in the process of getting my life back together (I went to New Orleans just in time for Hurricane Katrina). I lost my job six months ago and have been living off of my saving since. I was recently arrested for not paying my court costs! I had no idea I even owed them! I was told there weren't any when I was released from probation.
They have also suspended (and kept) my drivers' license because of this!
I am totally out of money from towing, bail bond, etc. I slept in my vehicle at the truck stop in Greenland, Arkansas!
All I have for identification is a photocopy of my drivers' license, my birth certificate, and a temporary Social Security Card.
I am well educated, no addictions (I have never used alcohol or drugs) and very employable. I am a longstanding computer "geek" a good electrician (although unlicensed), and a fairly decent carpenter. I desperately am in need of a job!
If you know of anything, please call me at (edited per PTO Policy on posting personal contact info) (I am in the Fayetteville area at the moment). My Internet is sporadic, since I am mobile. You can all try my friend (and fellow prison advocate) Linda Grady of the Arkansas Prison Reform Unity Project (PRUP) at (edited per pto policy on posting personal contact info)She's gone to the Parole Board meeting in Little Rock today and will be back in the afternoon of 11/25/2008.
I don't know what to do! I cannot think clearly because I am so distraught! This is a NIGHTMARE!
Thank you and God Bless you!
Brian Brown
Sponsored Links
Old 11-25-2008, 04:49 PM

Have you tried temp agencies... Oil rig companies... think outside the box... you may have to be on the move a little more. Arkansas Jobs.com has all kinds of stuff listed. try there....
Old 08-17-2010, 02:13 PM

Here are some of the bigger sites for jobs in Arkansas:
Arkansas Jobs.com
Arjoblink.arkansas.gov/ada/
Jobs Arkansas.com

Have you tried looking for work outside Fayetteville? Perhaps Little Rock (where there are more jobs)? Try My Little Rock Jobs.com

Also, as was mentioned above, you may have to get creative, and think outside the box. A good place to do this is in the jobs section of Craigslist (Craigslist.org).

Good luck! And let us know how it goes.