Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > CALIFORNIA > California Prison-Specific Forums > San Quentin State Prison (SQ) - California
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

San Quentin State Prison (SQ) - California Topic and discussion specific to San Quentin State Prison located in San Quentin, California.

Old 12-26-2012, 10:23 PM

Thanked 1,864 Times in 1,071 Posts
Default SQ Marriage/Wedding Q & A

Questions & Info for getting married - Please POST HERE
Sponsored Links
Old 03-07-2013, 12:18 PM

Is there a link for all the information I would need to know about getting married in Quentin? My boyfriend and I were already engaged when he was sentenced and now we need to get the ball rolling. He just got to reception yesterday so I am trying to get all the information I need before I even talk to him. Thanks!
Old 12-04-2013, 01:49 AM
l love my fiance.

Default Planning on getting married

Does anyone know about getting married in s q ? Do they marry u on a regular visiting day.any info would help. Also about getting the license can I get the license at any court I. Cal or just up in Marin County? Thank u.. O yea he's in general population.
Old 07-15-2014, 03:38 PM

Default Dates for Weddings DR

Hello,
I am brand new to this site. I am curious if the information I received is correct- I cannot get a solid answer from anyone at SQ. Are weddings still the first friday of even numbered months? Also-any advice from DR SQ loved ones on their experience in this area? I am in the planning stages with my honey and need some guidance.
Many thanks
Old 07-16-2014, 09:06 AM

Hello Annabelle1982!
Me and my fiance is schedule for marriage on November 14 2014. His couselor sent me a package only two pages stating that he wants to marry me and did I agree to the marriage. It ask if I had been married before. It also ask me to write a one page essay on why they should let us get married. It ask did I know him prior to incarceration as well. After that A chaplin called us. 15 mininute marriage couseling where they just ask did I know the hardships of being a prison wife and was I sure this is what I wanted. Now the couselor says that he writes his recomendation to the Warden and sends a package to the Warden with my essay the chaplins thoughts and his thoughts then the Warden has to have the final approval. So I take it if the Warden says ok we will marry on November the 14th. All I do know for sure is I have to pay the 30$ for them to marry us and $50 for the marriage license that I have to pick up from the courthourse the morning of the wedding they said. He can have a ring no stones. YOu can wear a wedding dress but have to pass the metal detector and dress code. SO HARD to find a nice dress for that. and at this point that is all I know. I will let you know if I find out anything else. Anna! Good luck with your hunny!
Old 10-01-2014, 04:46 PM

I married my husband who is on death row ten years ago so I'm sure things have changed from that time and he was in segregation at that time so it was behind glass. Thank goodness for contact visits now.
Old 04-25-2016, 09:09 PM

Default getting married at san Quintin and conjugal visits

getting married at san Quintin and conjugal visits may fiancé getting transferred to san Quintin, we want to get married and hopefully get conjugal visits????????????
Old 04-25-2016, 09:30 PM
Site Moderator Gone Mad

Staff Superstar Winner PTO Site Moderator 

Thanked 20,659 Times in 7,367 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by cleanfiend View Post
getting married at san Quintin and conjugal visits may fiancé getting transferred to san Quintin, we want to get married and hopefully get conjugal visits????????????
Hi there. I've moved your post to the San Quentin forum where you'll find more specific info about that facility.

What would you like to know about the marriage process?

The thread for questions and info on Family Visits at SQ can be found here.
The Following User Says Thank You to miamac For This Useful Post:
sidewalker (04-26-2016)
Old 04-28-2017, 07:56 AM

Default Need Advice

Can anyone tell me what kind of wedding dress �� can be worn ? And because i live in the UK i need to know what i have to do to get the ball rolling with my future hubby. Could any of you ladies advice me on what i can do ?he is on Dr San Quentin.

Last edited by Dwdswifey; 04-28-2017 at 08:33 AM..
Old 04-28-2017, 08:16 AM
Lil British Site Moderator

Staff Superstar Winner PTO Site Moderator 

Thanked 10,301 Times in 4,290 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dwdswifey View Post
Can anyone tell me what kind of wedding dress 👗 can be worn ? And because i live in the UK i need to know what i have to do to get the ball rolling with my future hubby. Could any of you ladies advice me on what i can do ?
Hi your wedding dress will need to conform with normal visiting regulations for SQ
No low cut top,no cleavage no tight fitting or skirts above the knee. No see thru material including lace. It might be worth ringing the visiting officer and checking.However your first priority is to get your fiancee to speak to his case worker about the marriage process there. He will proabably need to apply for a marriage packet. Then take it from there,some prisons have an officer responsible for marriages or contact the chaplain.

Who cares what they say about us? Because when I am with you I am standing with an army.
The Following User Says Thank You to maytayah For This Useful Post:
miamac (04-28-2017)
Old 04-29-2017, 02:51 PM
wifey

Your guy will have to speak to his councillor and he will sound you a wedding package you will have questions to answer like why you want to marry him and what his crime then you send it back and then they Wii inform him if you can get married I got married in there nearly 7 years ago
Old 01-25-2019, 05:44 AM

Good morning,

My bf just sent me the package to get married in San Quentin. I was wondering if anybody knows if I can get a confidential marriage or if it has to be public? He owes restitution will they make me pay his restitution fee? I also heard you have 3mons to get the paperwork & get married.
Thanx for the advice
Old 01-25-2019, 08:28 AM
CA, LASO, site sug. SUPER MOD

PTO Super Moderator Staff Superstar Winner 

Donation Award 

Thanked 29,638 Times in 14,861 Posts

I am not sure exactly what you're asking. Pay his fees in order to get married?
I dont know about that, but its very possible they might be able to collect from you. (It is a community property state) in the future.
My husband still owes restitution and they have not moved on that YET. Guessing that if hub does not start to, the IRS will take any tax refunds he has.

As to how long it takes I dont know.

As to the confidential license....(pulled from a google search)
The significant difference is that the confidential marriage license is confidential, and only the married couple can procure copies of it from the recorder's office. Comparatively, the public license is part of public record, which means anyone can request copies, provided they pay the required fees.Jan 29, 2014

That's my dog's nose art