Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > CALIFORNIA > California Prison-Specific Forums > Mule Creek State Prison (MCSP) - California
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Mule Creek State Prison (MCSP) - California Topic and discussion specific to Mule Creek State Prison in Ione, California.

Closed Thread

Old 12-28-2010, 05:03 PM
Banned

Default MCSP Family Visit Question & Info Thread

Hello, I'm very new to all this prison stuff. I just met my man a little over a year ago and he's thinking of putting in for a transfer to Mule creek (closer to me). And I'm wanting to know any and all information on the visiting there. Like do we have to make appts.? The days & times etc. thank you very much ahead of time
Sponsored Links
Old 01-01-2011, 09:01 AM
Banned

Thanked 3,224 Times in 1,968 Posts
Default MCSP 2011 Family Visit Question & Info Thread

WELCOME TO THE MCSP 2011 FAMILY VISIT THREAD
PLEASE ONLY POST QUESTIONS AND INFO ABOUT FAMILY VISITS HERE.

MCSP Previous Family Visiting Thread

The visitor(s) shall adhere to all institutional procedures and departmental regulations while on institutions grounds. Participation in the Family Visiting Program is restricted to immediate family members, unless a legal foster relationship exists. Immediate family members are defined as legal spouse of the inmate and the inmate's legal stepchildren.

Required Documentation Needed for Each Family Visit:

Proof of marriage shall be established by the inmate’s assigned Correctional Counselor, prior to a family visit being approved. A certified marriage certificate shall be required and presented to the Family Visiting Officer prior to each visit. A marriage certificate is required for both stepparents and the inmate’s wife. No Photostat copies will be accepted.

You must bring positive identification showing a photo for every visitor 18 years of age or over. Positive valid identification shall be one of the following. Drivers license, DMV Identification Card, passport, USINS card, military I.D. or other piece of governmental identification. The inmate's brother, sister, children and grandchildren (minors and adults) must present birth certificates prior to each family visit. Grandparents must bring verification of relationship prior to the family visit. This can be done presenting the inmate's birth certificate and the inmate's parent's certified birth certificate (the grandparent's child) to show family lineage. An inmate’s minor children visiting without their natural mother, must be accompanied by an approved adult visitor. Who must present a written notarized approval from the minor child's natural parent or legal guardian.
All certificates must be obtained through the county recorder's office and must be embossed or have inked county seat.

Authorized Property for Family Visits:

Visitors are authorized to possess the following items while participating in the family visiting program:

* One bag of clothing per visitor in paper, plastic or canvas duffel type bags. No suitcases are permitted.

* Soft bound books and magazines only (not to exceed ten)

* The visitor must provide washcloths and dishtowels. Bath towels will be provided by the institution.

Visitors with Children:

Disposable diapers only, baby powder, baby food, and formula may be brought into the institution in factory-sealed containers only. Children's toys shall be simple games, coloring books, colored or regular pencils, or crayons. Only searchable toys will be allowed in.

Food for Family Visits:

The inmate, through the institution, purchases all of the food for the family visits. All food items not consumed on the visit must be taken home with the visitor or disposed of in an approved manner. Nothing may be taken back into the institution by the inmate.

Special Note: Only prescribed medication will be allowed. All medication must be accompanied by the current prescription and is subject to prior approval by the Chief medical Officer (CMO). A letter from your doctor listing your medication must be returned with your confirmation. Any person(s) visiting the Sierra Conservation Center (SCC) on a family visit, who needs narcotic medication, or life sustaining medication(s) or life sustaining apparatus, must have prior approval to participate in the family visiting program. Approval can be obtained by having your physician submit a letter to the CMO or SCC to explain the extent of your medical problem and be in approval of your overnight visit to the prison. Failure to have prior written approval will result in your visit being denied upon arrival at the institution.

A REMINDER: IT IS ILLEGAL TO BRING WEAPONS, AMMUNITION, TEARGAS, ALCOHOL, CONTROLLED SUBSTANCES OR NARCOTICS INTO A PENAL INSTITUTION. NO SMOKING ALLOWED.

Clothing:

The same dress code applies for family visitors as regular visitors when entering and exiting the institution. Undergarments must be gender specific.

The following items are NOT allowed:

Clothing for inmates, garment bags, or hangers, blue denim jeans or jackets (male or female), sweats or jogging suits.

Cosmetics and basic hygiene:

The following cosmetic items listed are limited in quantity as to what is necessary for the duration of the visit. All items must be able to be searched with a limit of (5)

1. Makeup foundation 2. Blush 3. Eyeliner 4. Mascara 5. Lipstick

A spouse shall be permitted to bring into the institution a maximum of (10) commercially sealed condoms. All unused condoms shall be retained in their sealed containers and taken out of the institution by the visiting spouse. Under no circumstances shall an inmate be permitted to possess condoms outside of the family visiting quarters.

***NO ELECTRICAL APPLIANCES AND NO AEROSOL CONTAINERS***

The following items must be factory sealed or in clear containers with clear contents (one of each) and must not contain alcohol and cannot be flammable:

1. Shampoo 2. Conditioner 3. Facial Cleanser 4. Toothpaste 5. Toothbrush 6. Bath Soap 7. Deodorant 8. Feminine hygiene 9. Lotion

All the items listed above depict those items that are authorized. Any items not listed above shall be considered unauthorized and will not be admitted into the institution.

CONFIRMATION

ALL PAPERWORK MUST BE RECEIVED BY THE FAMILY VISITING COORDINATOR AT LEAST 21 DAYS PRIOR TO THE VISIT. PLEASE NOTE: WE WILL ONLY ACCEPT CASHIER'S CHECKS OR MONEY ORDERS. ALL FUNDS SUBMITTED FOR FAMILY VISITS ARE NON-REFUNDABLE. MAKE CHECKS OR
Old 01-11-2011, 05:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by melisaACP View Post
Hello, I'm very new to all this prison stuff. I just met my man a little over a year ago and he's thinking of putting in for a transfer to Mule creek (closer to me). And I'm wanting to know any and all information on the visiting there. Like do we have to make appts.? The days & times etc. thank you very much ahead of time
Welcome! Everyone here treated me wonderful about a year or so ago when I was in your shoes and they are still here for me...lol... I am now happily married to a wonderful husband and living here in California... Any questions you have the ladies here will do their best to answer. They are very lovely women and very supportive. You are in good company here and you and your guy are in my prayers... I hope everything is well for the both of you and your family and of course, Happy New Year!
Old 01-11-2011, 05:56 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by prettywoman2 View Post
Welcome! Everyone here treated me wonderful about a year or so ago when I was in your shoes and they are still here for me...lol... I am now happily married to a wonderful husband and living here in California... Any questions you have the ladies here will do their best to answer. They are very lovely women and very supportive. You are in good company here and you and your guy are in my prayers... I hope everything is well for the both of you and your family and of course, Happy New Year!
Awww....thank you very much! It's nice to know that I will have a good support system here, I could use all I can get! My honey is still working on asking for a transfer so it won't be for a while, his annual is next month.
Thank you again....HAPPY NEW YEARS TO YOU AND YOURS
Old 03-12-2011, 03:15 AM

Does any one know if SNY YARD GETS FAMILY VISITS??
Old 03-12-2011, 08:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shanong View Post
Does any one know if SNY YARD GETS FAMILY VISITS??
Shanong-

You should post your question in another thread- the MCSP family visit question thread Here is the link:

http://www.prisontalk.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=520971

You might get some more responses as this thread is only for posts related to the visiting hotline updates.

I can tell you though that family visits are not based on the yard- i.e. a SNY yard as you reference. They are based on the inmates custody level, charges, sentence, etc, etc. Here is a thread that has the title 15 rules and who is eligible and who is not.

http://www.prisontalk.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=194336
The Following User Says Thank You to comehomesoon For This Useful Post:
stephvinnie (03-13-2011)
Old 07-25-2012, 07:02 PM
Dedicated To My Husband!

Hello everyone,

I heard this prison gets family visits. I was wondering how that works. We are in the process of getting approved for family visits in CTF Soledad and I really want him to come closer to this prison near my home. ANY info my and my husband would be so thankful to know. Thanks in advance!

Closed Thread