Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > CAPITAL PUNISHMENT > Death Row - What you need to know!
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Death Row - What you need to know! General and State Specific questions/answers about Death Row - mail & more - whatever you need to know can probably be found here!

Old 06-04-2016, 05:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serbgirl View Post
That's a bogus charge!! But I have to tell you that they are very strict about uniforms......my PP has been there over 25 years and he toes the line when it comes to those damned orange canvas-like uniforms. I don't blame him for being annoyed, but I am very glad he has your support!!
Hopefully he'll be out of DC soon & you'll be able to visit him again!!
I wish the both of you the best.
Thanks Serbgirl! Do you have any plans to ever come down to FL for a visit?
Sponsored Links
Old 06-04-2016, 06:27 AM
Lil British Site Moderator

Staff Superstar Winner PTO Site Moderator 

Thanked 9,482 Times in 3,997 Posts

I had a look at the menu for the UCI posted on facebook and I wonder what they mean by "so called milk" and "so called juice". Very odd whats wrong with milk and juice. It doesnt sound very appetising but at least they have fresh fruit on the menu.

Who cares what they say about us? Because when I am with you I am standing with an army
The Following User Says Thank You to maytayah For This Useful Post:
Serbgirl (06-04-2016)
Old 06-04-2016, 06:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by maytayah View Post
I had a look at the menu for the UCI posted on facebook and I wonder what they mean by "so called milk" and "so called juice". Very odd whats wrong with milk and juice. It doesnt sound very appetising but at least they have fresh fruit on the menu.
Agree, that could not sound any less appetizing! I wonder if it's the brand name, if so it's still awful!
The Following User Says Thank You to FLnurse13 For This Useful Post:
Serbgirl (06-04-2016)
Old 06-04-2016, 11:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLnurse13 View Post
Thanks Serbgirl! Do you have any plans to ever come down to FL for a visit?
Not at this time. I didn't know my PP before death row and we've only been writing for about 6 months.....but I would like to visit him in the future. Thanks for asking!!
The Following User Says Thank You to Serbgirl For This Useful Post:
FLnurse13 (06-05-2016)
Old 06-04-2016, 11:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by maytayah View Post
If I remember correctly, my PP described the drinks they get as "powdered milk" and "kool-aid". I am quite sure they don't get anything close to real juice of any kind.

Besides soy-based products, my PP says they only get real meat twice a week which amounts to chicken and hot dogs. My pal is very fond of writing about every meal in excruciating detail and his life seems to revolve around meals......he often supplements his meals with ramen noodles and spices, crushed crackers and chips etc.

It's been rough on him to get two brown bag meals a day.
Old 06-05-2016, 10:04 AM

Serbgirl, just wanted to update you- he got 25 days in DC. I knew they didn't get their tv or mp3 players while there. Apparently they don't get to have their fans either. Insane.
Serbgirl (06-05-2016)
Old 06-05-2016, 01:30 PM

Quote:
Serbgirl, just wanted to update you- he got 25 days in DC. I knew they didn't get their tv or mp3 players while there. Apparently they don't get to have their fans either. Insane.
FLnurse13..........That's terrible! My PP said that every minute he's awake and in his cell, his "little fan is chugging away." Geez.....they could have given him 15 days (or zero), especially since the washing machines are more guilty than he is in destroying his darned uniforms!! I guess you'll have to keep him busy with extra mail, right?? Keep your head up and stay positive.
Old 06-07-2016, 12:57 PM

Package ordering for summer Florida packages starts ON JUNE 13th.
The Following User Says Thank You to Serbgirl For This Useful Post:
FLnurse13 (06-07-2016)
Old 06-07-2016, 08:34 PM

Quote:
Not at this time. I didn't know my PP before death row and we've only been writing for about 6 months.....but I would like to visit him in the future. Thanks for asking!!
The reason I asked (and then totally forgot to follow up with) was that if you ever DO and would like to meet up or just hang out in line/during the initial check-in process, let me know!
Old 06-10-2016, 07:21 AM

Quote:
The reason I asked (and then totally forgot to follow up with) was that if you ever DO and would like to meet up or just hang out in line/during the initial check-in process, let me know!
That would be fantastic, thanks for the generous offer.
Old 07-02-2016, 08:05 AM

Quote:
Package ordering for summer Florida packages starts ON JUNE 13th.
YIPEE!! I was able to order a package for my PP and cannot wait until he gets it!!

He only asked for one thing.....Folger's coffee, but I added a bunch of stuff I know he likes to use for cooking....so I know he will be happy and surprised!!

Anyone else order a package to send to Death Row Florida???
Old 07-02-2016, 05:49 PM

Quote:
YIPEE!! I was able to order a package for my PP and cannot wait until he gets it!!

He only asked for one thing.....Folger's coffee, but I added a bunch of stuff I know he likes to use for cooking....so I know he will be happy and surprised!!

Anyone else order a package to send to Death Row Florida???
Placed an order a few days ago! He also asked for Folger's coffee, and I added a lot of other stuff too.
Serbgirl (07-03-2016)
Old 07-27-2016, 03:19 AM

Hi, I am a newby to this site. My friend is in UCI. He's also mentioned the peanut butter sandwiches. He's actually put on weight because of the diet they've been given.
FLnurse13, you're information about the visit is awesome. I've just sent my form off to get on the list for visitation.
I live so far away, but I'm hoping one day I will be able to hug it out with my friend.
The Following User Says Thank You to Vega1512 For This Useful Post:
FLnurse13 (07-28-2016)
Old 07-27-2016, 06:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vega1512 View Post
Hi, I am a newby to this site. My friend is in UCI. He's also mentioned the peanut butter sandwiches. He's actually put on weight because of the diet they've been given.
FLnurse13, you're information about the visit is awesome. I've just sent my form off to get on the list for visitation.
I live so far away, but I'm hoping one day I will be able to hug it out with my friend.
Welcome to the site!

If you ever have ANY questions, let me know. I feel like I've quickly become a pro at this life and visitation. Haha. I hope you get to visit soon!
Old 08-20-2016, 03:52 PM

Some "recent" news as my husband is at UCI and I was there the last few months.
They still have to wear their uniforms supposedly Monday-Friday from 8 a.m to 5 p.m. but they sometimes have inspection at 7:30 a.m. and sometimes even on Saturdays (so technically they have to wear those uniformes all the time except at night). They also have to put all their belongings aways whenever an inspection is coming, which can take from 15 minutes (rarely), to several hours (3, 4...)... when they even show up.
There is no A/C anywhere on Death Row (the A/C is even broken in the visitation park right now since beginning of July).

They received their June quaterly packages (one last week and one the week before, I can't tell which one when).

The men were given phone lists to fill this week so the phone calls are coming soon
It will be one 15 min phone call a month, and from what I've heard each guy will be given a day and time to call and it should stay the same even month (for example the first Wednesday of each month from 6 p.m. to 8 p.m). This is how it works at FSP but not sure it will work the same way at UCI so don't take my word for it
The Following User Says Thank You to ShekinahSun For This Useful Post:
FLnurse13 (09-01-2016)
Old 09-01-2016, 04:24 PM

As of last weekend the A/C was working in the visitation room, thank goodness! It's been a miserable couple of months!
ShekinahSun (09-01-2016)
Old 09-01-2016, 06:40 PM

Great news, with the rules for the clothes and no A/C I was really not feeling well at times. It upsets me to think of the heat the men have to deal with back there!
Old 09-28-2016, 04:09 AM

It drives me nuts when I think how hot it must be for them on P Dorm. My friend there said even the warden walked out last month as it was too hot!!
I also heard one guy collapsed, woke up disoriented and lashed out. He ended up on DC!! Hardly his fault!

Oh my visitation application has been approved ������ I'm now on his list.
I just need to find the funds to get there.
Old 09-28-2016, 06:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vega1512 View Post
It drives me nuts when I think how hot it must be for them on P Dorm. My friend there said even the warden walked out last month as it was too hot!!
I also heard one guy collapsed, woke up disoriented and lashed out. He ended up on DC!! Hardly his fault!

Oh my visitation application has been approved ������ I'm now on his list.
I just need to find the funds to get there.
It's INSANE! Thank goodness they are allowed fans, but it's just not enough!

So exciting that your visitation was approved!