Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > WISCONSIN > Wisconsin Prison & Jail Visitation, Phones, Packages & Mail
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Wisconsin Prison & Jail Visitation, Phones, Packages & Mail Topics / Information relating to the Wisconsin Department of Corrections and local / county Jail visitation, phone calls, mail, inmate care packages, etc

Old 01-25-2018, 05:59 PM

Default Osh Kosh Email: Haven't received an email since Tuesday Morning

What is going on with it.

Haven't received and email since Tuesday Morning. I usually get 3 or 4 a day.

I called me and they tried to tell me it's not down and that it takes time. I get that But it's been three days. 0 emails to nothing and I know my husband emails me.
Sponsored Links
Old 01-31-2018, 06:23 PM
Mother of Prisoner

Default Email

Hi, Could you give me some info on the email system? My son just got there (Oshkosh) today and he was going to try and call me right away so I can order him a few things. Will he be able to call me right away or is there awaiting period? He got there this morning and was going to try to call around 4 but didn't
Old 02-02-2018, 01:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by treesa View Post
Hi, Could you give me some info on the email system? My son just got there (Oshkosh) today and he was going to try and call me right away so I can order him a few things. Will he be able to call me right away or is there awaiting period? He got there this morning and was going to try to call around 4 but didn't
Typically it takes a couple of days after they are transferred before their phone account is active at the new facility. Hopefully you have heard from him by now!

As far as the email system - your son has to initiate it this on his end. He will need to setup an account and list the email addresses he wants to add to his contact list. You will then receive an email from CorrLinks notifying you of his request which you can then accept or block. You then register with CorrLinks and setup an account. Currently messages are 5 cents and you have to put a minimum of $10 on your account. Your son will be able to put much less on his email account.

Hope this helps!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to onestepcloser For This Useful Post:
Sarianna (02-04-2018), treesa (02-02-2018)
Old 02-02-2018, 04:46 PM
Mother of Prisoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by onestepcloser View Post
Typically it takes a couple of days after they are transferred before their phone account is active at the new facility. Hopefully you have heard from him by now!

As far as the email system - your son has to initiate it this on his end. He will need to setup an account and list the email addresses he wants to add to his contact list. You will then receive an email from CorrLinks notifying you of his request which you can then accept or block. You then register with CorrLinks and setup an account. Currently messages are 5 cents and you have to put a minimum of $10 on your account. Your son will be able to put much less on his email account.

Hope this helps!
Thanks, I did get the invite for the email and sent him a message last night but haven't heard anything back yet. He hasn't called yet either so maybe his account isn't set up yet
Old 02-03-2018, 05:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by treesa View Post
Thanks, I did get the invite for the email and sent him a message last night but haven't heard anything back yet. He hasn't called yet either so maybe his account isn't set up yet
We've been noticing that the email times have been varying - sometimes he receives them within 12 hours of me sending them and sometimes it's 2-3 days later. Yesterday he received the messages that I sent on Tuesday and Wednesday.

Hopefully you get a phone call soon!

Hang in there!
The Following User Says Thank You to onestepcloser For This Useful Post:
treesa (02-08-2018)
Old 02-08-2018, 06:39 PM
Mother of Prisoner

He was able to call but he can't email me yet. Said he has to wait till he gets his canteen and that will take 3 weeks. He said he can read what I write to him but can't reply till he gets his tokens or what ever that he had to buy from canteen for the email.