Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > MISSOURI > Missouri Prison & Jail Visitation, Phones, Packages & Mail
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Missouri Prison & Jail Visitation, Phones, Packages & Mail Topics / Information relating to the Missouri Department of Corrections and local / county Jail visitation, phone calls, mail, inmate care packages, etc.

Old 11-30-2006, 12:30 PM
the booga with the shuga

Question Road Conditions in small missouri Prison town...

Does anyone know about the road conditions to or in any of the small missouri towns aroung the prisons?

I was going to see my baby this weekend but i think i remember that Cameron's street crew wasn't like big city street crew...

Also has anyone anyone else had any experiences with road conditions on rural roads on teh way to a visit?

Sponsored Links
Old 11-30-2006, 06:02 PM

Well when my baby was in SECC and I went to visit they hadnt't did anything to any of the roads they didn't even treat the highway or the roads in Cape, so I'm going to say this there may not be a chance the roads are clear but don't get discouraged, just leave early enough, to get there on time and safe, but you can always call I think its the highway patrol up that way before you leave to see what the road conditions are
Old 11-30-2006, 06:22 PM

I would say from where you live I wouldn't attempt it until Saturday or Sunday. Is this the only weekend you can go? I know I am not going to get out and visit but we are expecting 12" of snow tonight. Just be very careful what ever you do. A visit is nice but not worth losing your life or ruining your car over.
Old 12-01-2006, 12:45 AM
the booga with the shuga

true
I think i am gonna stay my butt at home in KC.....

year before last i remember once there was so much fog on the road i couldn't see and a family... DID YOU HEAR ME?.... a family of deer crosses I 35

this spring i was coming from cameron and a tornado hit when i was about a block away from the prison. i made it to burger king in cameron and they told me i could not stay cause the radio said they had a twister on the ground and they had to clear the store...
I drove back in the dark to walmart. Where the manager was glad to let me wait the storm out. When it cleared a little i drove home but lost my mirror........

Old 12-01-2006, 08:48 AM
Banned

I heard that the roads are fine up there and the snow missed them.
Old 12-05-2006, 03:55 PM

The University I work for was closed on friday so I drove from Springfield to Jefferson City on 44 up through 63 and had no problem but when I got there they denied visits on Friday because of the weather dangit. I stayed at the Agape house with my kids and we visited on Saturday morning even though when we called to see if they were having visits and they told us no. We went anyway and they let us in to visit with others who were there to visit. So I at least got one visit in this weekend. I did blow a tire on the way home and had to get a new one in Rolla but besides that all went well and no problems with weather.

Last edited by MrsPhillips; 12-05-2006 at 03:58 PM..
Old 12-07-2006, 09:46 PM

hey Sharleila,

Last December, the first bad snow I think, I tried to get to Cameron and it was smooth sailing until I got to the exit!

I personally think the prison prefers the streets not cleaned because then they don't have to put up with us! LOL

I'm going again Christmas Eve and can only hope the weather is good!