Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > KENTUCKY > Kentucky Prison & Jail Visitation, Phones, Packages & Mail
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Kentucky Prison & Jail Visitation, Phones, Packages & Mail Topics / Information relating to the Kentucky Department of Corrections and local / county Jail visitation, phone calls, mail, inmate care packages, etc

Old 05-20-2007, 09:09 AM
Peaceful
Donation Award 

Thanked 1,091 Times in 568 Posts
Default Correctional Billing Services Billing Direct Now??

Just wanted to let everyone know that I got my first phone bill directly from Correctional Billing Services yesterday. I guess they are no longer going to be putting it on the local phone bill. The problem is the due date is Wed. Not even a week after I got the bill. Guess they don't care that the Post Office needs time to deliver it.

This is going to take some time getting adjusted to it. Oh well I enjoy the calls and am able to pay for them, just would like a little time like a week at least.

Was wondering if I am the first one or if any of you have gotten a new bill from them direct. They also do not have the calls itemized and I do not like that. I guess we are suppose to keep track of them ourselves if we want to know that information.
May she rest in peace.

~ PTO Administrators and Staff

Sponsored Links
Old 05-20-2007, 11:21 AM
PTO Administrator
Donation Award 

Thanked 36,470 Times in 16,813 Posts

Hey babygirl....I had to prepay, also a pain the a**. However, right before Mr. got out they did begin on-line account management. You have to call them to get a password etc, but once done you can go on-line and see itemized info: dates for all calls, account balance, amount per call etc. It was new and there were some problems, but I used it several times to make sure I had money for calls. Worth a try! Good luck.

patchouli, PTO Admin

Old 05-20-2007, 11:42 AM
Peaceful
Donation Award 

Thanks Patch for the info. I do have a pre pay cell phone account. But it will be very difficult to try and keep a pre pay home phone account as well. Money just does not go that far if you know what I mean. Oh well, I will do what I have to do I guess when I get the money to do it with.
May she rest in peace.

Old 05-20-2007, 06:43 PM

That's a plus but I like to see the calls accepted too. And less then a week to pay the bill... what the heck....

Old 05-20-2007, 07:10 PM

You can pay them with a credit card by phone or on line but they charge you $8.00 each time you do that. It took them quite a while to post the payment I mailed last month. Luckily I had more than a week for it to go through.
Old 05-21-2007, 01:20 PM
Peaceful
Donation Award 

'Well I only had 4 days from the day I got the bill to when it was due and that has to include mail time. I hate it for real. Just have to do the best I can do and next month I will plan differently.
May she rest in peace.

Old 05-21-2007, 07:41 PM

In my opinion, Correctional Billing really does stink!!!
Old 05-21-2007, 07:54 PM
PTO Administrator
Donation Award 

Thanked 36,470 Times in 16,813 Posts

You can now pay CBS at visit!! KSR has ATM-like machines to take your money right in the visit room!

patchouli, PTO Admin

Old 05-24-2007, 11:48 AM
*hiz future wifey*

i got a bill for 3cents! what da hell it costs more than that for the stamp lol..an when i got da bill it was due the very next day...am jus glad i made a payment a few days earlier than that...n i agree with everyone else...this whole company really sux!!! but i have two phone numbers for them..so if any of you all are tired of talking to the india people who doesnt get your accounts set up the way there really suppose to be or can't understand a word they say let me kno...i'll give u the number!!! plus these people i think are in like alabama or something and there more helpful...not as rude either!!

Old 05-24-2007, 04:59 PM

Thanked 1,065 Times in 514 Posts

You can set up to monitor your account without ever calling them. On their homepages is a link to customer service. You email them with your name, address check information (it's either the last 4 or 6 digits of your ss) and they will email you back a user id and temp password) It's what I did because I got tired of trying to get through. Waited so long one night I fell asleep on hold.
Old 06-01-2007, 04:17 PM

I got my first bill the other day too. But it's not due until June 6th. It say's it was sent out on May 17th but I didn't get it until May 29 or 30th. But get this, they owe me!!! lol Yep, $19.01. That's funny. Then yesterday I got a bill from my local telephone company billing me for the first two weekends in March. They don't know what's going on.

Yea, you can also pay at Eddyville. Has anyone ever used one of those things? If so do they charge that $8 process fee.

Old 06-01-2007, 04:32 PM
Peaceful
Donation Award 

Well the last time I visited WKCC back in December, 2006, they did not have the machine there. Maybe Coop knows if it is there now. My guess is they will charge the extra for using it, but I don't really know.

Sounds like they really have things messed up with your bill WaitN. Hope you can get it straightened out.

I have yet to make a connection with them, my fault, just too much going on.
May she rest in peace.

Old 06-01-2007, 11:06 PM

I don't know about the machines charging the $8 charge but they certainly do if you pay online which really stinks. I got two bills last month and my account is still not right. And you get a different answer from each person you speak to. What a mess!
Old 06-01-2007, 11:24 PM
Still Totally in Love
Donation Award 

According to the rep I talked to last week when I called to make a payment, these are just informational statements. I knew I had a credit and mentioned it was nice to see the calls for my accounts in print.

Old 06-02-2007, 07:25 AM
Peaceful
Donation Award 

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAM311
According to the rep I talked to last week when I called to make a payment, these are just informational statements. I knew I had a credit and mentioned it was nice to see the calls for my accounts in print.

Did you get a bill with your calls itemized on it? My one and only bill so far, just had totals on it, no calls listed.

Thanks for sharing.
May she rest in peace.

Old 06-03-2007, 02:23 PM
Still Totally in Love
Donation Award 

Hi, Yes the calls were itemized from the 20th of april through the 19th of May.
D

Old 06-05-2007, 09:18 AM
Peaceful
Donation Award 

Well I got my second bill from them and this time it is itemized, however, they show me with a credit of what my credit limit is, so what is up with that. Guess I am going to have to break down and get a hold of them again.

Sure hope this is not an indication of what they do with their pre pay accounts. I sure don't need my cell phone blocked.

Oh and I am surprised because I have two phone calls both from Kentucky prisons, Luther Luckett and GRCC that are on my regular phone bill during the same time as the itemized ones, so I am wondering what is up with that.

Guess it is just going to take a while to iron out these problems. Hope they do it sooner than later.
May she rest in peace.