Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > MICHIGAN > Michigan General Prison Talk, Introductions & Chit Chat
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Michigan General Prison Talk, Introductions & Chit Chat Topics & Discussions relating to Prison & the Criminal Justice System in Michigan that do not fit into any other Michigan sub-forum category. Please feel free to also introduce yourself to other members in the state and talk about whatever topics come to mind that may not have anything to do with prison.

Old 05-19-2009, 09:00 PM
Almost done- Thank God

Default Prison Closing

Does anyone know what Prisons are supposed to close by Oct? I remember reading something about us being notified by May 2, and then May 15.

Does anyone know what I am talking about?

I looked at the budget for this year and I don't see anything for camps.....so I am wondering if that means they are closing?

Distance is not for the fearful. It is for the bold. It's for those who are willing to spend a lot of time alone in exchange for a little time with the one they love.
Sponsored Links
Old 05-19-2009, 09:52 PM

Thanked 2,223 Times in 1,361 Posts

MDOC to Close Two Facilities
The decision to close Southern Michigan Correctional
Facility and the 7 Block of Charles Egeler Reception

and Guidance Center is the
first step in implementing

the department’s budget recommendation.
Robert Scott Correctional Facility to Close
Robert Scott Correctional Facility will close in May 2009

Hebrews 13:3 NIV3Remember those in prison as if you were their fellow prisoners, and those who are mistreated as if you yourselves were suffering.

Last edited by sandymom; 05-19-2009 at 09:53 PM..
Old 05-20-2009, 11:07 AM
I miss my boy!

They are apparently voting on camp cusino as well the 27th of this month.

Old 05-20-2009, 09:01 PM
Almost done- Thank God

I wish they would close the camps down because they only house 200-350 prisoners...... whats the point in that? Unless they just have one big camp.

The drive is a pain in the @$$........but I will be making it next weekend. All 600 miles with a two year old.

These guys better know that we love them

Distance is not for the fearful. It is for the bold. It's for those who are willing to spend a lot of time alone in exchange for a little time with the one they love.
The Following User Says Thank You to amy522 For This Useful Post:
Sarahloveshugs (05-21-2009)
Old 05-21-2009, 11:56 AM
I miss my boy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by amy522 View Post
I wish they would close the camps down because they only house 200-350 prisoners...... whats the point in that? Unless they just have one big camp.

The drive is a pain in the @$$........but I will be making it next weekend. All 600 miles with a two year old.

These guys better know that we love them

hahah AHMEN!

Old 05-21-2009, 08:29 PM

This is kinda off topic, but I was wondering how they determine the level someone will go to...I know they do tests at reception but what else does it depend on?? I know someone that just went and they put him at a level 4...he's only serving 2 years...my boyfriend has 49 months--15 years..does this mean he will go to a high level??
Old 05-23-2009, 05:51 AM
Uh...Yeah...

Quote:
Originally Posted by missing_him79 View Post
This is kinda off topic, but I was wondering how they determine the level someone will go to...I know they do tests at reception but what else does it depend on?? I know someone that just went and they put him at a level 4...he's only serving 2 years...my boyfriend has 49 months--15 years..does this mean he will go to a high level??
Has there ever been consistancy?? I am not sure at all but I thought it depends on the crime and behavior. I know of someone who was a level 2 and 15 years later found himself on level 4. (too many violent tickets)

Back in the day it didnt matter...you started out on the worst level and earned your way down and it was no easy slide!!
Old 05-23-2009, 11:30 AM
No BULLSHIT member
Donation Award 

Thanked 8,786 Times in 3,568 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by missing_him79 View Post
There are a number of factors that determine security level. If a person's sentence is longer than 36 months that will increase the security level with no other factors. As the sentence becomes shorter, and less than 36 months often the security level will drop. Also, institutional behavior will also affect security level. Violent behavior or escape (or attempts) will also affect security level. Whether or not the prisoner presents a security risk will also be a factor. Just because a person has less than 36 months to serve by itself is not a sole determination.

Because your boyfriend has 49 months to 15 years, with no other factors considered, it would be likely that he would be sent to a level II facility. Once he passes less than 36 months and has no institutional behavior problems and no other complicating factors he should then be transferred to level I.