Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > ILLINOIS > Illinois Prison and Jail Specific Discussions
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Illinois Prison and Jail Specific Discussions This forum covers topics & discussions specific to Jails and Prisons located throughout the State of Illinois

Old 11-18-2009, 10:50 PM

Cool Shawnee- Car Pooling

If anyone is going to go to Shawnee C.C. anytime soon and would like to car pool and share the cost of gas. I live in Wisconsin and my bf just got transfered to Shawnee. Its 500miles from my house and over an 8hr drive. I am plannig on being ther for 2days. It will probably be during the week. I hopeing to go Early December.
Sponsored Links
Old 11-30-2009, 08:36 PM

My plans have changed i still want to go but it will probably be on the weekend now
Old 12-18-2009, 11:40 AM

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by horsegirl_908 View Post
If anyone is going to go to Shawnee C.C. anytime soon and would like to car pool and share the cost of gas. I live in Wisconsin and my bf just got transfered to Shawnee. Its 500miles from my house and over an 8hr drive. I am plannig on being ther for 2days. It will probably be during the week. I hopeing to go Early December.

hello my name is Michelle and i live in Chicago i am so looking for someone to share the ride if ur interested please give me a call at (removed per policy; please contact member via pm system).

Last edited by patchouli; 01-09-2011 at 08:09 PM.. Reason: removed pers. phone #
Old 12-18-2009, 11:56 AM

Default Shawnee CC Carpool/Rideshare Requests - Post Here

Hello everyone, i so know that this is by far the worst way to meet new people, but i have been doing this ride for quite sometime i just wanted to know if anyone wanted to share the ride and expense. I travel quite often to Shawnee and would like to know if anyone out there would like to share this wonderful journey with me!!!! You can email me or call me either way it is fine. I'm just trying to make this ride easier and less expensive and as often as i possible can.(removed per policy; please contact member via pm system)

Last edited by patchouli; 01-09-2011 at 08:10 PM.. Reason: removed pers. phone # and email addy
Old 02-15-2010, 01:53 PM

Thumbs up About shawnee

Quote:
Originally Posted by MICHELLE MELEND View Post
Hello everyone, i so know that this is by far the worst way to meet new people, but i have been doing this ride for quite sometime i just wanted to know if anyone wanted to share the ride and expense. I travel quite often to Shawnee and would like to know if anyone out there would like to share this wonderful journey with me!!!! You can email me or call me either way it is fine. I'm just trying to make this ride easier and less expensive and as often as i possible can. Removed per policy; please contact member via pm system)
Hey Michelle my name is tiny i was wondering if you still had to ride out to shawnee.

Last edited by patchouli; 01-09-2011 at 08:11 PM.. Reason: removed pers info from quote
Old 02-21-2010, 12:07 AM

Melende I cant get to your email,but I will leave you my number.See my husband just got there and i dont know when his visitors list will be approved hes only been there for a week.Do you know when they approve the list? (removed per policy; please contact member via pm system)

Last edited by patchouli; 01-09-2011 at 08:13 PM.. Reason: removed pers. phone #
Old 03-10-2010, 12:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MICHELLE MELEND View Post
hello my name is Michelle and i live in Chicago i am so looking for someone to share the ride if ur interested please give me a call at (removed per policy; please contact member via pm system).
i woiuld love to share the cost of gas with you i live in chicago to.

Last edited by patchouli; 01-09-2011 at 08:14 PM.. Reason: removed pers. phone# from quote
Old 09-08-2010, 08:00 PM
I miss him sooo much!!

If anyone is still interested in a ride to shawnee please let me know. I have a grandaughter that wants to see her daddy so bad. She drives, and will take me his mom and anyone else from nw n w suburbs of chicago.maybe over the holidays. But only time we can go...
Old 09-16-2010, 09:49 AM

Quote:
if anyone is going to go to shawnee c.c. Anytime soon and would like to car pool and share the cost of gas. I live in wisconsin and my bf just got transfered to shawnee. Its 500miles from my house and over an 8hr drive. I am plannig on being ther for 2days. It will probably be during the week. I hopeing to go early december.

hello,
just wondering if ur still planning on going out there anytime soon i am so planning on going like really soon so let me know if u would like to go?

Mm
Old 10-15-2010, 08:00 PM

Thanked 1,582 Times in 750 Posts

Ladies!!! I have a friend who doesn't know how to navigate through this site too well but she is interested in ride sharing. She is driving out to Shawnee Sunday from Forest Park. If it's cool I will direct her here but please let me know if anyone is interested.
Old 10-21-2010, 09:02 PM

Hey can anyone give me good directions to Shawnee from Chicago-90/94.
Thanks.

Shorty
Old 12-01-2010, 02:58 PM

According to a friend of ours who is a truck driver map quest is the best place to get driving directions.
Old 01-08-2011, 11:40 PM

My husband is in Shawnee- I live in Forest Park Illinois and would love to car pool with someone-will share the cost of Gas but dont have a car to get there-send me a message if you are going that way.
Thanks
Old 01-15-2011, 04:05 PM
I miss him sooo much!!

I,m so sorry that i posted a ride to Shawnee, we want to see him but my son says NO.... does not want us to see him in prison. so i guess i will have to wait until he is released.. i really don' understand.. but it is his choice. he gets out in may....
Old 03-23-2011, 08:14 PM

Default Is there a Shuttle to Shawnee/Hadin Work Camp??

I'm tryin to find bus shuttl that goes to Shawnee so I can visit my Boyfriend at Hardin Work Boot Camp. Can someone please point me in the right direction?? Thanx
Old 03-31-2011, 01:00 PM

HI my name is Patricia I would love to go I have a son out there in shawnee and I have not seen him in two years I would be happy to share the cost .. I can be reached at removed per policy; please contact member vis pm system

Last edited by patchouli; 04-17-2011 at 09:45 AM.. Reason: removed email addy
Old 04-08-2011, 12:12 PM
Boobers MRS for life<3
Donation Award 

Thanked 1,179 Times in 555 Posts

There is a lady with a bus service that goes to Shawnee, I can find the number if you'd like. She comes form up here by Chicago. *BUT* Hardin WC in about another 45 mins south from Shawnee. I know that the IDOC web site lists them together but they're is different places.

Old 04-15-2011, 06:32 PM

Thanked 2,325 Times in 1,203 Posts

PTO Disclaimer & Advisory Regarding Transportation/Van Services to Prisons:

PTO and its Administrators do not endorse, recommend, research & review, nor guarantee any transportation services that appear on this site.

Members should be aware that they use these transportation services at their own risk. Members are responsible for ensuring that the operator is insured and the vehicle is roadworthy and legal.

Be aware that private transportation services are generally operated without business or transportation license, which may or may not be required by their local municipality or state.

PTO and its Administrators will not be held liable for any claims or damages that may arise due to accident, injury, missed schedules or monetary dispute.
Old 04-16-2011, 06:16 PM

Default Thanx.. Did You find her number??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danielle88 View Post
There is a lady with a bus service that goes to Shawnee, I can find the number if you'd like. She comes form up here by Chicago. *BUT* Hardin WC in about another 45 mins south from Shawnee. I know that the IDOC web site lists them together but they're is different places.
Thnanx for responding. If you find her number please let me kno.. maye i cn work something out with her to take me to Hardin work camp
Old 04-16-2011, 09:17 PM
Boobers MRS for life&lt;3
Donation Award 

Thanked 1,179 Times in 555 Posts

Yea, I'll PM you when I get it. A friend of mine used to go down with her up until her man was recently released. I think she goes once a month. She takes a few ladys with her and they all spend the night at an Inn not too far from Shawnee.

Old 04-21-2011, 12:50 AM
faithfully his

hello I am very new to this and my boyfriend was transportated to shawnee from stateville today, so i dont know when i will be able to see him and when i do I would love to car pool with some one and share the exspenses. does anyone know how it works as far as when will he be able to call me? i have already set up consolidateed and he has called me twice from stateville and he has been in idoc many times so his pin doesnt change but what happens when they are transported? Please help Iam so worried about him im in the joliet ill are
Old 04-24-2011, 02:35 PM
faithfully his

Default help

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danielle88 View Post
Yea, I'll PM you when I get it. A friend of mine used to go down with her up until her man was recently released. I think she goes once a month. She takes a few ladys with her and they all spend the night at an Inn not too far from Shawnee.
I. Was reading ur post and I'm trying to find a way to shawnee but don have transportation. Do u have any sugestions. Thank u tricia
Old 05-17-2011, 10:22 PM

I'm looking for transportation to Vienna
Old 06-24-2011, 09:33 AM

Quote:

I see this post is from awhile back, but I just got on this site & my fiance has been locked-up at Shawnee goin on 5yrs now & I have been makin that long ass drive from Wisconsin.. What part of WI do you live in cause it's gotta be close to me, it takes me about 8.5hrs to get there? I usually go up & get a room for at least 1 night so I can see him 2 days.. Get back at me & maybe we can work somethin out!
Old 07-09-2011, 09:33 PM
faithfully his

I found out about a service called trinity service who takes you up there and brings you back, also i know of a nice girl who goes to shawnee to see her husband and she trsvels up there if u want there numbers just email and ill give it to you.